Status: Updating regularly

Irish Lullaby

.11

Well, to put it easily and frankly, Sanders was like me but in male form, which was slightly creepy because, what man in their right mind cleans the toothpaste off the sink? None that I have ever heard of, but Sanders does.

Not only that, gets up early, folds his clothes that he wore previously, makes up his side of the bed, puts the toilet seat down and a extra scary thought, let's me sleep in.

When I woke up, I smelled eggs, bacon, toast and pancakes, which kind of scared me because I thought maybe he would burn my house down, so I rushed in the kitchen and everything was done and not burning which shocked me, he was eating food on the table with it surrounding him neatly. "Thought you would smell it," he grinned as he looked up at me from the daily newspaper.

"I thought you were burning my house down," I laughed as I sat down next to him in the small whicker chair. "It looks so good."

"Have some, I made enough for an army," he smiled as he gestured to the food before us with his fork.

"Thanks," I grinned as I scooped three spoons full of eggs onto the plate in front of me, then four or five bacon strips, a piece of toast and three pancakes, after I bit into the toast I turned to Sanders and chuckled slightly. "Why did you cook breakfast?"

"I do every morning," he grinned and pointed to me. "Plus I seen all you have in you're pantry is cereal, that can't be healthy."

"I don't think it is."

"We have to do something about that, so cooking breakfast will be normally like this," he said as he picked up a piece of toast and bit into it. "That okay?"

"That's actually more than okay because this is really good, and I haven't had breakfast like this in," I thought for a second. "When I lived with my dad—wow that's sad, even for me."

"Just a little," he agreed as he picked up a small box. "Here."

"What is it?"

"Just open it," he rolled his eyes as he pushed the box closer to me. "Open it…" he teased as he waved it in front of my face.

"Fine, fine!" I said as I grabbed it and pulled the top gold part off to reveal a ring box; I raised my eyebrows and opened the ring box to see a beautiful antique silver ring with an oval blue gem on top. "Oh my—Sanders this is gorgeous."

"I'm glad you think so," he said as he turned in his chair so that he was leaning backwards with his arm over the back rest. "It's you're new engagement ring."

"Sanders!" I said in surprise as I turned to him with my mouth gapped open slightly and my eyes widened to the size of a half dollar. "You didn't have too!"

"Yes I did," he laughed as he sat up and walked over to my chair, which wasn't that far, five steps at the most. "Plus I wanted to, you know since you are my fiancée."

"But-"

"Don't but me," he mock glared at me as he kneeled in front of me, leaning on his toes as he balanced himself by grabbing my knees gently. "Even though this wedding is for you're family, to me it's a chance to fall for an amazing, sweet, fantastic, funny, beautiful woman."

This man has officially stolen my heart…

"Sanders," I said softly as I looked down to my lap, staring at the ring as my eyes started to tear up. "That is the sweetest thing anybody has every said to me."

He grinned and lifted my gaze to his eyes with his hand under my chin, he leaned in and pecked my lips softly, letting them linger for a short time before he stood up and walked back to his seat. "Now, we have to contact my family."

"How?"

"Well, we don't have a phone on the farm," he mumbled as he looked up at the sky. "So we may have to go and…fly over there."

I mumbled a few choice words under my breath as I glanced up at him. "I'm not so great on airplanes, I tend to somewhat hyperventilate, freak out and panic."

"I'll be right there for you," he said softly as he leaned over and grabbed my hand softly, I bit my lip and took a deep breath before I nodded my head.

"Okay."

"Okay?" he verified my answer with both his eyebrows raised in wonder.

"Okay," I laughed as I looked over and placed the ring on my ring finger. "You need to get some clothes; I'll go get some of mine packed."

"I'll call the airline and see what time they take off," he stood up slowly, pushing the chair back so it squeaked.

"Alright," I nodded my head and stood up. "I have to call Cyrus and tell him I'm going there."

"Okay, I'll go pack my bags at my apartment, and then I'll be back in ten minutes."

"Okay, be careful-" I stopped myself from saying I love you because I've known him a few short days, and plus it's a family habit; well I guess he'll be part of the family soon so…

"I will, I'll be back soon."

Not two hours later, Sanders and I were standing in front of a large open area known as an airport. "I hate airports, airplanes," I went on but he stopped me by placing his hand over my mouth.

"I understand, you hate anything to do with air but breathing."

"You've got the idea," I grinned as he linked his arm with mine and weaved his way through the airport, in search for our gate, since we had checked in, went through security, baggage claim I think it was called, and now we were making our way for the plane gate. "What part of Ireland again?"

"Outskirts of Dublin, my parents always have lived there, they don't believe of moving because I have tried to move them here, but no," he rolled his eyes dramatically. "But hey, I understand them wanting to live life where they want."

I nodded my head in agreement as we slowed near a large crowd walking through a door to the left, handing tickets to a woman in blue before they walked through. "That must be our stop," I mused pointing.

"Good eye Harper," he laughed as he grabbed my hand and pulled me after him to the back of the line. About ten minutes later after waiting in line, Sanders handed both our tickets to the woman, who smiled and handed us back our packet then waved us in, I nodded to her and walked behind Sanders, who smiled in acknowledgement while pulling me in after him. "Okay so how are you now?"

"Slightly panicking," I answered honestly as I nodded my head slightly faster than the average person. "But other than that I'm dandy."

"Maybe you should try breathing," he patted my back and walked me in front of him to a row of seats through the second curtain, I sat down next to the window, shut it and buckled in a hurry. "Everything is fine, I swear to you."

"Oh I know," I lied with a smile that surely showed my thoughts, which are at the moment Get-me-off-this-lightening-rod. "Just fine."

"Yeah, I may not have known you long Harper but I know a lie when I hear one," he grinned as he buckled himself in. "Now calm down, breathe slowly and close you're eyes."

I looked over to see him grin at me with those bright green eyes slowing nothing but truth and caring, I nodded slowly and reached for his hand, he clamped it around mind and gave it a reassuring squeeze then brought it to his lips and kissed it softly. "Thank you Sanders."

"Thank you," he said in an offensive and shocked tone. "I should be thanking you, for coming with me."

"I'm marrying you aren't I?"

"That doesn't mean you would come willingly without complaining," he said softly as he smiled over at me. "Thank you for that."

"You're welcome," I smiled feeling rather happy, he was happy I came with him.

"Now just rest and I'll wake you up whenever we get food or if needed," he softly kissed the side of my head, below my temple and laid my head on his shoulder gently.

"Okay, goodnight Sanders," I kissed his jaw turning my head to him, and then leaned it back down towards his shoulder.

"Goodnight Harper," he whispered softly rubbing my arm that held his right hand with his left hand.

The next time I woke up it was dark in the whole compartment, which caused a panic feeling to shoot from the dropped stomach of mine to my shoulders, tingling, but it stopped when I felt Sanders head leaned against the top of mine, his hot and steady breath blowing the hair on my ear, tickling the tender skin underneath it, I shivered slightly and felt Sanders tense then sit up slight. "I didn't mean to wake you," I whispered softly.

"Its okay, how was you're sleep?"

"Very good," I smiled even though he couldn't see it from the midnight darkness. "How was yours? Was my head soft as you're pillow?"

"Very funny," he grunted with a snort as he straightened up and popped his back and shoulders. "Although you're hair was soft."

"Pantene works really well for soft and shiny hair," I grinned as I sat up to and stretched, then glanced down at my watch, only to sigh, it wasn't a light up watch. "Do you know what time it is?"

"I don't know since my watch is still on Chicago's time zone, we're probably around Tennessee or North Carolina about now," he sighed as he turned on the dim light above us, I glanced over towards him and grinned. "What?"

"You have messed up hair," I giggled at his hair that was flying in all different direction, his eyes were wild, almost brighter than the brightest green, nearly olive green, his face was flushed from leaning on my head for a long period of time, to say what it looked like was a beautiful disaster area, one that I could defiantly get used to waking up to each morning, he's just plain adorable.

"Ah man," he nearly whined as his hands flew up to his hair to smooth it out. "Happens every time I lay my head down, it looks like I've been in a wind tunnel."

"It looks good, the windblown look," I winked with a reassuring smile. "Just leave it alone, we're going to sleep more anyway."

"Fine," he sighed and leaned back against his headrest. "I'm still sleepy but I can't sleep."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure, my eyes are wide awake, my body is begging for sleep and my mind is slightly neutral," he shrugged his shoulders stiffly as if he wasn't sure.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're a strangely odd man, Sanders?"

"A couple times," he nodded honestly with no look of humor on his flawless, wrinkle free face. "Why?"

"I'm just checking," I grinned as I poked his side, below his ribs. "You're strangely odd but it's cool."

"Cool?" he turned his head slowly to gaze incredibly at me. "You said I was a geek not a few days ago."

"I changed my mind," I shrugged. "You're the coolest geek I've ever met," I grinned and narrowed my eyes at him. "But still a geek that plays chess and works at a library."

"That just means I'm smart."

"Does not," I argued with my eyes narrowed on his.

"Does too."

"Does not Sanders, what makes it seem smarter than someone who doesn't?" I shook my head and leaned back to stare at him.

"Do you play chess?"

"No…" I said slowly, what did that have to do with anything?
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

I love comments.