Status: Updating regularly

Irish Lullaby

.13

"I have a brother and a sister," I reminded him. "How do you think I got the bathroom first every morning, pain and agony was a daily ritual, and I got better at dishing it out."

"Next time, warn me."

"You started it," I said innocently as I shrugged my shoulders. "Don't start something you can't finish, it only ends in pain, on you're part of course."

"One day I'll get you back."

"Doubt it," I giggled as I poked his side again below his ribs. "I'm the queen of revenge."

"Oh sweet Jesus, I'm marrying a evil chick," he sighed dramatically as he placed the back of his hand over his forehead, I chuckled and turned in my seat as the car slowed down outside a large open green pasture, long rock driveway with barbwire fencing around the sides and a mailbox at the end that said Huckabee.

"I guess this is home sweet home?"

"You got it," he grabbed my hand and slid out the seat, helped me out then grabbed our bags and paid the man before he walked over to me, where I stood in front of the mailbox taking in the view of the countryside, it was all much more beautiful than I ever expected, I thought Ireland would be just landscape and fake surroundings, but it wasn't, it was all farmland with green open pastures full of cows on one side and sheep on the next, the smell of salt water, cow manure and freshly cut grass mixed, the cow manure wasn't very pleasant but the sights made up for the foul smell. "Beautiful isn't it?"

"Its gorgeous," I gasped finally finding the voice I lost somewhere between the cab door and the fence post.

"Thank you," he smiled in pride as he placed his arm around my waist and pulled me along with him up the long drive. "This is a long walk, do you want to take you're shoes off?"

I looked down at my three inch designer boots and sighed. "Give me a little bit, I'll take them off when they start bleeding."

"I'd like you to take them off, before that happens."

"Right, on the verge I will," I winked at him and laughed as he sighed in defeat and rolled his eyes, he would learn I'm very stubborn about things I like.

"I never win," he whispered shaking his head in shocked surprise. "Never."

"Not with me of course," I chuckled and kissed his cheek as I leaned up slightly, he laughed and shrugged.

"As long as I get that when I shut up, I'll keep quiet and agree."

"Good boy," I said in surprise as I kissed his cheek again. "Already learning the rules!"

"Hey there," he said turning towards me and pointed at my face. "I still have some say-so, like there are no rules, we're equals."

"True," I sighed in defeat. "True."

"Ha!" he said loudly, almost causing me to almost scream at the loud roar of happiness that seemed to shock stop my heart. "I won!"

"Once," I said deadly. "Just once, don't forget that."

"Just let me bask in the glory," he glared as he stopped, closed his eyes and took a deep breath very slowly. "The smell of victory."

"You're very dramatic to be male," I said cautiously. "Are you hiding something?"

"No do you want to see proof that I'm in fact male in every form?" he asked as he gripped each side of his blue jeans, ready to drop his pants right here and now.

"No," I said shaking my head frantically as my eyes widened in shock. "I believe you, just don't drop them right here."

"I'll wait," he sighed and shrugged his shoulders as he started back walking. After a long walk no more than twenty minutes on flat surface thankfully, I don't think I could have taken uphill or downhill if it was. We arrived at a large log cabin; I gapped at the beauty of the older model of a log cabin, an original log cabin.

"You never told me you're house was a log cabin!"

"I didn't think you'd find it one of the Seven Wonders of the World," he said sarcastically as he walked up the steps with me behind him, he turned as he reached the door and stared at me in wonder. "Why?"

"I love log cabins, I've always wanted to live in one," I smiled dreamily as I traced my hand over the grooves of the old, worn dark brown wood. "It's beautiful."

"Are you going to gawk about the outside or are you coming in to gawk on the inside?" he grinned and pulled me over in front of him.

"Oh right," I grinned and waited as he reached over my shoulder and knocked on the wooden door, after a few shouts from more than one person, the door opened to show a woman remarkably familiar, it could be because Sanders was her replica in guy form, blond hair down to her chest, bright green eyes, pale skin with freckles though, and his nose, perfect and narrow.

"Yes," she said confused then noticed Sanders. "Alexander!"

"Hey mom," he grinned as he slid me to the side and accepted the bum rushed hug his mother smothered him with, over her shoulder and through her long hair; he mouthed Sorry before he chuckled. "Calm down, don't kill me before I see dad."

"I haven't seen you since you were eighteen, how can I not be a little over accelerant, my boy is home, finally!"

"Mom, please calm down so I can tell everyone some news," he laughed as he set her back some. "It's good to see you, you look so beautiful."

"Oh Alex," she frowned a sob and hugged his chest while she cried softly. "I missed you so much."

I stood back and held my breath, the poor woman; she hadn't seen her child in what? Seven years, dear god I would have a stroke if my child left me that long without any visits, but then again I would have hunted my kid down and gave them a stern talking-to. "Mom," Sanders whined as he hugged her and rubbed her back soothingly. "You're making me feel bad."

"You should!" she stood straight and pouted her lips. "I haven't seen you in nearly a decade! I was in labor with you for two days Alexander Sanderson Huckabee, you don't even come back to visit for Christmas at least once!"

"Uh," was all Sanders could say before he hugged her again. "I'm really sorry."

"Well, let's not dwell," she sniffed her tears and backed up, then turned, just noticing me for the first time, I probably looked like a deer caught in the headlights of an eighteen wheeler. "Hello love, who are you?"

"I'll explain inside," Sanders saved me as I stared at his mother, my eyes wide, my jaw dropped and locked in place, I'm surprised no drool slipped out.

"Alright," she sighed and offered a smile, which thankfully I returned without whimpering, she waved us inside as she walked in the doorway, I turned to Sanders and glared while mouthing seven years.

"What?" he shrugged his shoulders and pulled the door to. "Don't make me feel bad, I'm already feeling the love."

"You should," I whispered as I slapped his arm softly. "You're poor mom was so sad, how could you do that to her."

"Harper," he whined grabbing my hand, intertwining it while looking down at me with those big emerald eyes. "Don't be mad, my mom knew I was going to America to make a life there."

"You could have visited."

"I know, and I know I made a mistake," he nodded his head with a heavy sigh. "I'm intending to apologize for my forgetfulness and stupidity."

"You better," I poked his chest and walked ahead of him, still holding his hand though, I stopped when I seen an older man sitting on a chair in the dining room eating out of a wooden bowl, my eyes went wide, he was built like Sanders, brown hair, and his skin tone was almost bronze tan. He was beyond beautiful.

"Hey dad," Sanders sat down our luggage near the doorframe; I looked from Sanders to the man, who turned around and gapped even more.

It's like the twilight zoneā€¦

"You look so much alike," I whispered in awe as I turned fully to Sanders, I was surprised they all looked alike considering I looked nothing like my parents, I had my dad's brown hair and my mom's nose but that was it, it was remarkable how much they all favored and it sent me into shock, or close to it. "Oh right," I closed my mouth and stood beside Sanders quietly.

"Alexander?" his father said standing up from the old wicker chair, he wore tan pants, a red flannel shirt and on the back of the chair was a large tan matching the pants, jacket. "You're back?"

"Just to tell you all something," he smiled softly as he looked at each of them, I could see the unspoken words of love from his parents, it was almost too much to handle, they loved each other and their children so much and then Sanders had to go and break their heart.

Way to go grace.

"About what?" his father asked stepping forward a little.

"First where are Anthony and Tegan?"

"Out in the barn sheering, my God it's been so long," his father said hugging him, I smiled at his thick accent, it was rather cute to see two tall, built men hugging, not afraid to show there love for one another.

"Alright well, do you mind if I go and get them, then I can explain everything," Sanders said softly then cleared his throat. "Bye the way this is my friend Harper Phillips."

I looked up and smiled, waving slightly as he introduced me so abruptly. "Hi."

Note to self: Punch Sanders in the stomach for being rude.

"Well aren't you a beauty?" his father smiled and pulled me into a hug. "It's nice to meet you Harper, I'm James and this is Alexander's mother and my wife Karen."

"It's nice to meet you too," I smiled as I pulled away from the warm embrace to be caught in another by Karen but it was twice as gentle.

"Okay, don't kill her before I can introduce her to my brothers," Sanders whined as he pulled on my arm, away from his mother's loving embrace. "I'll bring her back I swear then you can gush then without interruption."
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

I heart comments!