Status: Updating regularly

Irish Lullaby

.14

"As long as you promise," his mother teased.

"Promise mom."

"Alright, go tell you're brothers that supper is done also," she sighed and walked into the kitchen, where she began to stir around a brown wooden spoon in a gray pot. "We're having Mutton Broth."

"Sounds good mom," he smiled and walked for a door on the other end of the house, I followed closely since he held my hand, and he opened the door then ushered me out first.

"Question: Isn't Mutton, I don't know, Sheep?"

"Lamb," he grinned as he kissed my head. "Don't worry it's not horrible, I promise, it actually taste kind of like bland chicken."

"Oh," I said slowly as I took a deep breath, I'll be eating a baby sheep, how traumatizing.

"You don't have to eat it if you don't want to, you know?" he said softly as he opened a large wood and barbwire gate out of the way, and then shut it behind us. "I'll make you something else."

"I'll eat it," I swallowed the vile in my throat that refused to make its way away before showing its protest to the thought of eating a poor, defenseless baby sheep. "Or Try."

He just chuckled and shook his head as he grabbed my other hand and pulled me on the other side of him, soon we walked over a large green hill, then down it to a large brown barn that the sound of hair clippers could be heard. "The blond is Anthony; the one with black hair is Tegan."

"Okay," I nodded as we crossed the gap to the barn I scrunched my nose to the smell of wet animal hair and well, sheep's digestive food, Sanders pulled me to his side as he walked over a large clump of sheep hair that was wet and soggy. "Tony? Teg? You in here?"

"Sanders?" a deep, more so than Sanders, voice lifted from the far right side of the barn behind a gate that was red and chipped. Then a head popped up, blonde, long hair, blue eyes, and his smile bright as could be.

"Tony!" Sanders roared as he pulled me through the barn behind him, I almost tripped over a large rake but caught myself by grabbing Sanders' shoulder and steadying myself.

"That was close," I mumbled as I gripped Sanders hand and walked faster with him so he wouldn't cause me to trip again.

"Brother," Anthony laughed as he pulled Sanders into a big, bear hug; I slipped under his arm and stood back, watching and waiting to be introduced. "What are you doing back? And whose she?"

"I'll tell you when we get inside, get Tegan wherever he is," Sanders laughed as he pulled away and pulled me closer while looking around the barn for a minute, then looking back to his older brother with a large grin plastered on his lips. "This is Harper."

"Hello Harper," Anthony grabbed my hand, dipped his head and kissed the backside of my hand. I smiled somewhat nervously and pulled my hand back, as I glanced up at his face I almost blushed, he had blond long hair down to his shoulders, curling like he scrunched it, his blue eyes were brighter up close, he had high cheek bones, he looked similar to Sanders.

"Hello," I nodded as I turned to Sanders; he flashed an I-told-you-so grin and slid his arm around my shoulders while he cleared his throat.

"So where's Teg?"

"Oh," Anthony chuckled as he pointed above him at a hay loft. "He's doing something with the hay; I think he's throwing it out the door up top so he can load it in the truck, lazy ass."

"Tegan!" Sanders shouted loudly causing someone to shout in surprise and stick there head out from the railing up top of the barn, I stared in shock at the brilliantly gorgeous younger brother of Sanders, he had dark brown almost black hair with light skin, his eyes were the brightest blue I ever seen and not to mention the childlike smile that showed almost everyone of his front teeth.

"Sanders you're back!"

"Baby brother, my you've grown," Sanders chuckled as he watched his brother disregard the stairs and instead jumped from the high balcony to the ground in front of me and Sanders, I stepped back in surprise and laughed as he lunged at Sanders.

"I haven't seen you in so long!" Tegan's voice was deep and very rough, almost like he just smoked himself thirty cigarettes.

"Yes, well mom has done made me feel guilty so there is no need for anymore," Sanders chuckled as he pulled away and smiled at his younger brother. "I missed you to."

"We missed you to little brother," Anthony chuckled as he clapped his brother on the back, I smiled as I stepped back even farther and clamped my sweaty, nervous hands together.

Wow this is kind of awkward.

"Who's this?" Tegan whispered as his eyes fell upon me, I lifted one side of my lip and smiled slightly at him, with a short wave.

"Come inside and I'll explain," Sanders walked over, grabbed my hand and walked with me back inside, of course I nearly fell over the rake again, stepped on a clump of hair and tripped going up the steps, in front of everyone.

"Friend?" I heard Tegan ask Anthony in confusion, louder than his usual whisper from behind us.

"Her name is Harper, and I'm beginning to think it may be more than just, friend my brother," Anthony said laughing slightly.

"I'm not deaf you morons, I'm five feet away from you," Sanders laughed as he opened the kitchen door, he held it for me before he walked in after me, letting the door slam in Anthony's face, which caused Tegan and Sanders to snicker.

"You're back," Karen said with happiness etched in her eyes, she set down the potholder and walked over to us, James before her while looking at Sanders, waiting for an explanation. "Now son, what is it that you wanted to tell us?"

"Well," Sanders said slowly as he held out a hand to the table, everyone took there seats until there wasn't any seats left, and I was stuck standing beside Sanders, he looked up at me and grabbed my hips, pulling me down to his lap. "I'm getting married."

"I told you!" Anthony yelled holding his hand out to Tegan, who grumbled and pulled out his wallet, and handed him two strange looking bills. "Thank you Teg."

"Lunatic," Tegan mumbled under his breath as he turned to Sanders and I, while his parents remained speechless, frozen and in shock.

Wow this is turning into one hell of a day.

"You're getting married?" Karen asked slowly, carefully and almost scared as she locked gazes with her son; I shifted uncomfortably under Sanders' parents glances and cleared my throat.

"Yes, I know you don't have a phone so I came out here with my fiancé Harper, to tell you about the wedding, and invite you."

"When is the wedding?"

"Well," Sanders turned to look at me, his green eyes asking desperately for help.

"Not to long, Tuesday," I sighed as I glanced up at Karen. "And considering we were on a plane for twenty four hours," I gulped slightly. "We have two days, but we'll be flying back in twenty for hours so that would leave a day, we can extend it for a week."

"Extend it? Nonsense!" Karen shouted happily, causing both Sanders and I to jump and lean back because of her sudden burst of happiness.

"Mother are you feeling well?" Sanders asked slowly as he leaned back up. "I mean, you just found out I'm getting married and you're all—happy."

"We'll be leaving tomorrow mornin' at eight, Anthony call Darryl and get him to get us to Chicago as soon as possible," James said happily as Anthony stared at his parents hesitantly before he walked out of the house.

"Call? I thought you didn't have a phone?" Sanders caught on as he sat up straighter, pulling me back against his chest more.

"Well, we didn't until last year when Tegan broke his arm, so we got one for emergencies and it's in the barn, satellite phone."

"Can I ask a really random question?" I asked slowly as I glanced at everyone.

"Sure Harper," Sanders laughed, apparently he finds my outburst of randomness just about as funny as Cyrus does.

"Does everyone in you're family look either handsome or gorgeous because I'm feeling a little left out on the beauty part," I said waving a dismissing hand around.

"I like her," Karen said after a few minutes of silence. "She called me beautiful."

"You are," I laughed softly. "All of you are, it's really honestly freaking me out because you're all pretty and have accents, and are very nice, it's just really…"

"She works in the fashion industry, she doesn't see nice people often," Sanders said softly as he placed a hand over my mouth to stop my babbling. "You should see her around kids."

"What does she do?"

"I get completely giddy," I removed Sanders hand, with a nod of my head I laughed. "I love kids."

"Well, since you two will be marryin' I'll be expecting some grandchildren soon and they'll be gorgeous considering the genes they'll be getting'," James said laughing as he sat up. "When did you two meet son?"

Uh-oh…

"Last week," Sanders chuckled at the look on there face. "Its love at first sight, I seen her and I just can't let her go."

"Who knew we raised such a romantic," Karen gushed as I stared down at Sanders, he felt my gaze burning a hole in his face and glanced up with a smile, I blushed slightly and kissed his cheek.

"You're honestly too sweet for me," I whispered in his ear before I leaned back up.

"I guess you'll have a permanent toothache sweetheart," he slid his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. "Because I'm not going anywhere."
♠ ♠ ♠
Character info updated, check it out.

I love comments. Just be nice.

Banner