Status: Updating regularly

Irish Lullaby

.04

"It's okay," I sighed as I sipped on another glass of wine or, something the waiter gave me. "I don't know what to do though; we're supposed to get married tomorrow at the pavilion in the park surrounded in white wasn't it."

"I went overboard with that huh?"

"Just a tad," I whined as I leaned against the wall, he looked out in the living room at the truck loads of people, before he leaned against the wall beside me, looking down at my small worrying figure that was pressed against the wall, trying to hide in plain sight.

Again damn these walls that have nonexistent hiding places.

"It won't be so bad," he said softly as he combed his hand through my hair softly, I signed and looked up at him with a look that meant everything on my mind.

Is totally bad, totally doesn't even begin to cover how badly, it's that bad.

"How will it not be bad, I met you yesterday and we're supposed to get married tomorrow, this is rushing it a tad bit don't you think, I mean don't get me wrong you're a nice guy and all but I'm kind of traditional, I like to go on a date before getting hitched."

"I think it will all work out," he said softly as he continued to play with my hair, trying to calm me which wasn't helping the tiniest bit because it made it worse when the butterfly effect hit my stomach.

"Aw, is the happy couple being romantic?" my other 'Unfriendly friend' Jan asked with a sarcastic attitude to hide her jealousy, behind that little façade was a worried little greedy monster.

"Yes we were until you interrupted us," Sanders said as he looked at her, she rolled her eyes and walked off before he turned back to me and sighed. "I'll make it all better; we can somehow—do something."

"I'll tell them the truth," I said sighing as I walked away from him to the center of the room, I sighed again as I clanged my glass to get everyone's attention as well as trying not to break the glass, it worked as everyone's laughter and chatter came to a halt. "Hey everyone," I laughed as I glanced around the room at the people that eagerly awaiting my speech. "I have an announcement."

"What is it sweetie?" Mother asked with a positively beautiful glow around her, her daughter was supposed to get 'Married' tomorrow.

"Well," I laughed then looked out at everyone with a sad smile. "Sanders and I aren't getting married tomorrow."

"Yeah, we're getting married in a week, we pushed it back to get more things done to the wedding," Sanders said as he ran up to me and kissed my cheek. "My little honey bun thought she would tell you so you don't show up and there be no wedding."

"Oh sweetie," Mom said as she covered her heart again. "You scared me for a second there."

Yeah, well I'm being scared for the both of us now mother.

I looked from her to Sanders with a confused glance but he only winked and smiled at me, that childlike aura seemed to shine as he looked at my mother. "No need to worry mom, we're good and in love," Sanders said as he kissed my cheek.

"Uh—I—yeah mom, we're in love?" I more or less asked, but she didn't catch it and neither did the roomful as I smiled out at everyone and then turned around and walked away to the porch, it was either fresh air or I would grace the floor with my head pounding on it like a basketball.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm just a little—panicky but I'm okay," I whispered as I fanned my face, Sanders laughed deeply as he walked over to the white railing and leaned on it so he could look at me.

"Breathe Harper, I'm sorry for interrupting you're speech but you looked so sad, I know you didn't want to upset you're mother," he said softly as he grabbed my hand. "I'll marry you just so you will feel better."

"Why? Why do you care? I mean we just met, you're willing to waste you're first marriage on me?"

"You've repeated that for the what, second time today? I don't care to do something for a friend and to tell you the truth, you're my only friend and I would do anything for someone who would help me, and you wouldn't be ruining it so you can think of another excuse."

"How did I help you?" Curiosity killed the cat; thankfully I don't meow or lick my hair.

"You went out with me and drank coffee, I was going crazy so to speak that night because no one notices me, I've been depressed and lonely for a long time Harper," he said as he shrugged then smiled. "You cared."

"Sanders, you wanted to—hurt yourself?" I asked as I glanced up at him, from what I got out of the cryptic message was disturbing at the most. "And I saved you?"

"I know it was stupid," he laughed as he ran a hand though his thick brown hair. "Now that I think of it, it was really stupid but I guess I was just in a wrong state of mind last night, I woke up better today, and I woke up with something to look forward too.

"To me?"

"To you," he nodded then smiled as he pushed a strand of rebellious hair behind my ear. "Why did you care? I mean you didn't know me and you went out with a stranger for coffee, you could have been killed you know."

"To tell you the truth, I liked how sweet you were; friendly and just really adorable you acted and I felt safe enough so I decided what was the worse that could happen," I shrugged slightly. "Mind you I come up with a few horrible conclusions but I threw them out the window when you started acting friendly."

"So, you think I'm adorable," he teased making me blush rather hard, yet again. "Oh you blushed, you did."

"If I marry you, fake or not, you have to stop making me blush, it's horribly embarrassing and really, really annoying."

"You love it," he joked as he nudged me in the side; I giggled and nudged him back before my phone started vibrating in my left pocket.

"Hello?" I answered it as Sanders began to tickle my side; I giggled a little but tried to stay straight faced and keep my voice level enough to speak.

"Harper, honey where are you? You're supposed to have called me this morning."

"Oh hey daddy, I'm sorry," I giggled a little as Sanders began to tickle both sides of my ribs a little bit more than before. "I'm at mom's party with her—"

"Stuck up, snobby friends, you poor dear," he sighed then laughed. "Why are you giggling?"

"My friend is tickling me and won't stop," I said as I flicked Sanders ear, he whined and grabbed his ear as I smiled at my accomplishment and turned around to face his chest. "Anyway why was I supposed to call, I forgot."

"Tomorrow you have to come to my dinner, with Vanessa."

His fiancée Vanessa Nargle, she has dark brown hair to her mid back that looks like it could be used in a hair shampoo commercial, blue eyes that are big and bright, tall and gorgeous like a runway model, and possibly the most positive and nicest person alive, I envy her can-do attitude.

"Oh I forgot, so tomorrow at what time?" I asked as Sanders smirked, he looked out behind me for some reason, which made his smirk widen in length, he leaned forward and against me, smelling my hair I think he did, but I was to busy being surprised, my eyes were wide as saucers.

"Honey what--"

"Aunt Martha, hi," I laughed as I turned around. "Hey dad can I call you back."

"Don't bother," he laughed. "Deal with the other wicked witch and meet me at the eatery in town at noon tomorrow, don't forget Harper."

"I'll be sure to meet you there," I laughed as I said goodbye and hung up, to meet my aunt who was gawking at Sanders and I like she walked up on us doing the dirty. "Hey."

"Who is this?"

"Uh—"

"Her fiancée Sanders Huckabee and you must be the marvelous Aunt Martha that I've heard so much about," he said smiling as he bowed at her.