Status: Updating regularly

Irish Lullaby

.05

He could seriously go into acting and make some money the way he's playing this like a pro.

"Oh," she blushed as she walked up the steps and into the house; before she got in and shut the door, she leaned out the door and smiled at me and winked at Sanders. "I like him."

"You've won over my family," I laughed. "My father wants me to go to a dinner with his fiancée Vanessa tomorrow at noon," I sighed as I leaned my head against Sanders chest.

"Want me to go?"

"I don't care, if you want to sure," I shrugged and looked up at him, he turned thoughtful again, his lips pucker out when he's thinking, it's kind of cute.

"We have to get to know each other some more, right?" he said as he brushed my hair back soothingly yet again.

"Are you trying the seductive, sultry thing on me now?" I asked raising an eyebrow at the gorgeous man in front of me, my now mail-order husband so to speak.

Or coffee shop order groom.

"Well—did it work or did it fail miserably?"

"Kind of did work," I nodded with an innocent shrug.

"Then—yes?" he grinned suddenly as he put his arms around my waist and smiled, still keeping a good three inch distance from me, thankfully or I would have another nervous breakdown, two in one day would do some damage.

~*~*~*~

I sat at an outdoor table in Avery's Lounge with my arm holding my head up on the table, my eyes were heavy and they kept drooping but I kept trying extremely hard to open them wide enough to see, to no prevail they closed, and without the willpower to open them again, I let them stay shut.

Just ten minutes and I'll feel some energy—

"Harper!" Sanders yelled in my ear, I screamed and jumped in my seat leaving Sanders to start cackling behind me, holding his stomach at the pain of laughter struck his inside from my pain, not only am I sleepy still, add on another thing, a headache with a vengeance.

"Damn it Sanders," I yawned as I blinked rapidly before leaning my head back on the steel chairs headrest, maybe if I'm against it I won't fall out again.

"I couldn't resist," he laughed as he leaned back in his race car looking jacket; I glanced over and narrowed my eyes before I flicked him between the eyes. "Oh shit that hurt, what is it with you and flicking me?"

"You kept me up all night telling me stories about what you read in books that do not peek my interest and then decide 'oh lets go shopping!' at eight in the morning after two hours of sleep, now I'm here resting and you go and scare me like that? What is the matter with you?"

"Sorry Harper," he said pouting at me, I grinned and shook my head before I looked away laughing at his childlikeness.

"Harper sweetheart," my father's booming voice, well boomed from in front of me, I looked up and blinked a couple times before standing up with a smile readying myself for the bombarded hug of pain I usually got, he never did know his own strength.

"Hi Daddy," I grinned as Sanders stood up beside me and stood awkwardly as he glanced at my father and his fiancée.

"Is this the infamous Sanders that you're mother gawked about?" dad asked as he rolled his eyes at 'mother'.

"Mo--Mom told you about Sanders? What all did she say?" I whispered the last part as I leaned over the table. "Because she liked him a little too much for anyone's liking if you ask me."

"That he's you're fiancée, why didn't you ever tell me?" he asked as he smiled widely. "I honestly didn't think you would ever--"

"Fred!" Vanessa snapped as she rolled her eyes then turned to me with a smile. "How are you honey?"

"I'm good," I laughed as I turned to Sanders and nodded my head towards him. "Sanders Huckabee meet my dad and almost step-mom, Fred and Vanessa."

"It's nice to meet you both," Sanders said as he smiled and held his hand out to my father, he shook his hand firmly and then Sanders kissed Vanessa's hand gently, like a real gentleman.

"You don't really have too do the bedazzling thing to her," I whispered shaking my head at him; he stood back up and nodded with a smile on his face.

"So, when's the wedding?" Vanessa asked, I laughed nervously and looked at Sanders who sat back down and smiled comfortably.

"Next week, Tuesday at the pavilion in the park, it's going to be all white."

"Really? That sounds great, our wedding is in three months, I can't believe two weddings within six months," Vanessa laughed making me laugh as well, but a nervous sort instead of her genuinely happy one.

"Yeah it was kind of like," I threw my hands up in the air. "Boom! In your face, happy though."

"Are you okay?" my dad asked softly at my frantic state, he seen me act like a spaz before and often had to throw water on me or in other cases yell my name really loud.

"Just fine, I'm fine, everything is just fine!" I said in a hyper, spastic tone, my voice rising in panic with every word. "I'm just—perfect."

"She's stressed about the wedding," Sanders said putting his hand over mine; I nodded frantically as I grabbed the complimentary water and gulped down some, my tongue was going dry.

"Oh," Vanessa said laughing a little. "Don't worry Harp, it's alright as long as you both love each other, you both love each other right?" she eyed us suspiciously.

I looked at Sanders and stared into his eyes; he smiled and kissed my cheek. "I love her," Sanders said rubbing the back of his hand over my cheek gently.

"Ditto."

"How sweet," my dad said laughing a little. "I insist I pay for the wedding, tell me the price."

"I haven't even started on it," I whispered I was kind of hoping maybe we could keep on postponing it until everyone eventually grows tired of waiting and forgets all about it.

"Well child we have to get everything ready!" Vanessa screamed in a giggly tone. "You have to get the dress, the flowers, the pavilion rented, the chairs and food."

"Oh shit," I whispered wide eyed, I looked at Sanders and he shrugged. "I can't do this."

"You can do it."

"No I can't, I'm so not an organized person, I'm a neat freak but I can't plan anything without it falling through!" I whined as I laid my head on my hands that were folded on the table.

"Oh come on Harp," Vanessa giggled. "I'll help you and it will be great."

"Uh huh," I groaned as I looked up at her with a smile, a fake one but a smile nonetheless. "Great."

~*~*~*~

"Did I have to come?" Sanders whined as he rolled his head back and forth on the chair back, I was standing in front of him with a simple white wedding dress.

"Yes, you're the groom aren't you?"

"Well—yeah."

"You know, I always imagined getting married with someone I loved, I mean I like you and all Sanders but we just met, I always thought—the Cinderella story thing going on."

"Well do you want to dress up and go to a ball and then leave at twelve? Because we can if you want," He suggested as he leaned back in the chair and made his legs jump up and down. "I'll even make you lose a shoe."
♠ ♠ ♠
The Banner

COMMENT please...

Character info updated.