Status: Completed

Consume Me Like a Fire

First Victims.

Prologue:

The smell of death and blood filled the police officer’s nose. Officer Roy McDaniel looked down at the body of the young girl in front of him and grimaced in disgust. How can someone be so sick as to take an innocent life? Turning away from the scene, he looked to a young officer.

“Tolley, come here.” Jason Tolley jogged over to his senior officer and waited for further instructions.

“What do we have so far?” Roy asked walking out of the room while taking a cigarette out of his pack. He needed a smoke to calm his nerves…

“The victim’s name is Melissa Taylors and she was killed between 3 and 6 this morning. She died from blood loss and the fact that her heart was literally cut out of her chest and is nowhere to be found as of now. The girl dorm’s director found her this morning at 8 when she didn’t show up at her early morning lecture,” Jason finished. Roy sighed and lit up his cancer stick as soon as they were outside the building.

Students were in class now and a few were running around trying not to be late. Roy took in a deep inhale and released it slowly. Jason stood by him silently not knowing what else to say. He was still new to the force and this was his first murder case to work on.

“We need to get the victim’s information; her classes, social groups, meeting places, etc.” Roy grumbled rubbing his temples. He finished his smoke and stomped out the bud before standing up straight. It was only the beginning of a long day.

BZZZZZZZT

“This is McDaniel,” he answered into his radio.

“This is Turner. Boss we might have another problem…” the voice on the other end replied. Jason waited with his senior officer mainly because he wanted to hear more.

“What is it this time?” Roy asked getting frustrated.

“Two more bodies were found in their rooms, they appear to have been killed the same way as our first victim was.”

“Well shit… This is my lucky day. Thanks Turner, I’ll be there soon,” he said releasing the button on the walkie talkie. He looked at Jason again and nodded toward his phone.

“This isn’t just a murder anymore. It’s the beginning of a serial killing… Call the FBI, we’re gonna need their help. This campus is too big for us to search everyone and it looks like the killer is moving fast. They should be here in a few minutes considering how close we are to them,” he grumbled and began to walk away. Jason fumbled with his phone before calling like he had been told. In a matter of minutes, they saw two big black SUVs arrive and out stepped the BAU division of the FBI.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just the prologue and it's short. I already have two more chapters written and they are much longer. Tell me what you think so far. Spencer is in the next one(: