Status: Complete - I am currently working on a sequel, but won't post until I have it half finished. Look for it in late November.

Tattooed

Love Like Winter

“Yes!” I screamed jumping on him, my arms around his neck. I kissed him passionately. He slid the ring on my finger.

“Everyone ok?” Jimmy asked shooting out of his and Devin’s room in nothing but his boxers.

“Yes.” I giggled and kissed Zack again.

“I heard yelling.” He said looking at us. I just showed him the ring.

“Congrats Gummy worm.” Jimmy said smiling before going back to bed. I took my seat still smiling like crazy.

“Baby, I want you to marry me tonight. I don’t want to start another year without you being mine.” Zack said wrapping his arms around me. I looked up at him; he was serious.

“Where?” I asked knowing I was going to do it anyway.

“There is a church a few miles outside of town.”

“Ok. Yeah. We’ll do it tonight.” I smiled nodding. “I guess the girls and I will go shopping for dresses today. What are we going to do about wedding bands?” I asked as Zack sat my actual food in front of me.

“I figured we’d go look at them before you get your dress. It shouldn’t take too long.” He smiled as I took a bite.

“Ok, just let me eat and get a shower.” I ate the food quickly before hoping in the shower. Once down I pulled on t shirt and formfitting jeans before I went into the living area. Jimmy and Devin were awake and watching TV.

“Ready?” Zack asked when he saw me.

“Oh my god! I can’t believe you’re getting married!” Devin tackled me to the ground.

“I know right. I’ll call you when we’re about back so you girls can meet me down stairs.” I laughed as Zack pulled me back to my feet. I grabbed the stuff I would need and headed out with Zack. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed a number I rarely called but knew by heart.

“Congratulations baby girl!” My dad screamed from the other side of the line.

“Wait, you knew?” I asked surprised.

“Of course. Chase told me Zack needed to talk to me a few weeks ago and I got in contact with him. He asked if he could ask for your hand and I gave him my blessing. Why else would I send you to Vegas?” He laughed. I looked at Zack and he nodded. Apparently he could hear him.

“Are you going to be here?” I know the hope was evident.

“Sadly I can’t Annie.” My dad said. He was the only one who called me that. “I have too much work here, but I‘ve put enough money in your account to get you and all the girls any dresses you want.” He sounded regretful.

“It’s ok. I understand.” I nodded even though her couldn’t see me as Zack and I got in the limo.

“Look at it this way sweetheart, it’s the turn of the millennium and you’re marrying the man you love with my blessing. I don’t think you can get much better. And just think of how badly it’ll piss your mother off.” I laughed at his hatred for that woman.

“I love you Daddy. Zack and I are going to pick out wedding bands. I’ll talk to you later.”

“I love you too baby girl. Bye.” There was a click and the line was dead. We pulled into a jewelry shop not long after the call ended.

“What can I help you with?” The lady asked walking over to us.

“We need wedding bands and we aren’t leaving here without them.” Zack said happily putting his arm around me.

“Well right this way.” She motioned to a glass case not far from us. “Can I see the engagement ring?” She asked. I held my hand up to show her then she looked at Zack. “I remember you. You came in here last night with a wad of cash saying you needed a better ring.” She laughed.

“A better ring?” I asked looking up at him.

“I had one but I knew you deserved better and after last night, I had more than enough to get you the ring I wanted. I brought Michelle because I knew she would know what you liked.” He kissed my temple.

“I do love it.” I looked at the shinny object on my finger smiling. Every girl I knew would be jealous of it, but I didn’t care. I would love any ring from Zack.

“I have just the band to go with that.” The lady pulled out a white gold band that had black diamonds in the band all the way around. It was a total weight of 1 karat. She slid it on my finger and it looked amazing with the engagement ring.

“What do you think?” I asked showing Zack. He smiled and nodded.

“We also have the men’s version.” He pulled out another ring. It was white gold as well with black diamonds going diagonally. On either side of the diamonds was the white gold color followed by a strip of black rhodium finish that went with the direction of the diamonds then back to the white gold color. He put it on and it fit like a glove and looked amazing against his skin tone.

“I love them.” I smiled at him.

“It’s whatever you want baby. We’ll take them.” We handed the rings back to the lady. While she was ringing them up Zack made me go outside to the car. He came out moments later with the rings. “Call the girls and tell them to go down to the lobby.” He said as we headed back to the hotel.

“You bitch! You get engaged and take off without showing me the ring!” Michelle yelled from the phone.

“You picked it out.” I laughed.

“So? You didn’t know that.” She laughed. “Are you guys back?”

“Almost. You guys need to head down to the lobby. We only have 6 hours to get dresses and get ready. Oh and bring Jimmy down if you don’t mind. I have something to ask him.”

“We’ll all be down in a few.” She said and hung up. We arrived quickly and Zack and I headed inside.

“I’ll meet you guys in the limo.” The girl went outside so I could talk to Jimmy.

“What’s up Gummy worm?” He asked.

“Since my dad can’t be here, I was wondering if you could maybe walk me down the isle?” I asked nervously.

“I’d be honored.” He hugged me tightly. “Now go get your dresses. We have to get our clothes and then get everything ready.” He said shooing me out of the door. I climbed in the car with the girls only to have each of them pulling at my hand to see the ring.

“Is he trying to break your finger?” Eliza asked laughing.

“How many karats is that?” Jazz was turning my hand over looking at it.

“I think it’s 3 and the wedding band is 1.” I laughed.

“Yep. He’s trying to break her finger.” Val laughed. They were all super excited. We pulled into a very fancy dress shop after about 30 minutes of driving.

“What are you looking for today?” The sales lady asked as we walked in.

“She needs a wedding dress and we all needs bridesmaids dresses.” Michelle spoke.

“My name is Jen. Right this way.” She led us to a dressing room that had chairs outside of it. “When are you getting married?” She asked.

“Tonight.” I smiled at her shocked face.

“We don’t usually get many brides that are eloping.” She looked at me.

“It’s not really eloping. My family is going to be there.” I said and looking at the girls sitting in the chairs.

“Ok. Well what kind of dress are you wanting? And price point?”

“Just pull anything you think would look good. I trust your opinion. And I don‘t have a budget.” I shrugged. I had no idea what I was looking for. She walked off and returned a few moments later with about 6 dresses.

“Let’s try this one first.” She put me in a hideous mermaid gown that looked like it had feathers on it. The girls shot it down as soon as I stepped out in it. The next was just as ugly.

“I like this one.” I said as she was lacing up the back. It was a ball gown with ruched surplice sweetheart neckline and beaded lace straps that matched the vine looking design that crept down from the straps to just below my hips. It went diagonally at a very gradual slop. The skirt had very spaced out pick ups. The vine design went down the center of my back on either side of the lacing as well and even had some by the pick ups on the train. It fit like it was made for me. My eyes watered up. I knew this was it.

“Wow.” Was the only thing said once I’d stepped out. They were speechless. Jen appeared with a veil that matched and she fixed it in my hair. I looked in the mirror and the tears started to fall. The realization of getting married to Zack in just a few hours hit me.

“This is it.” I said wiping at my eyes with the tissue Jen gave me. I took a few deep breathes.

“That dress is prefect.” Michelle said standing next to me. She hugged me. Everyone agreed and I changed back into my clothes before we walked over to the part of the store with the bridesmaids dresses. I flipped through them quickly and my eyes caught a black full length strapless gown that had a piece of white silk that went into an up-side-down v under the breast. This would flatter all of them. I pulled it out.

“What do you guys think?” I asked holding it up. They all liked it so Jen found it in each other their sizes and sent them to a dressing room. I pulled Michelle aside.

“Will you be my maid of honor?” I asked and she started jumping up and down.

“Yes!” She was clapping. I smiled and pulled out another dress that had caught my eye. It was a halter gown, full length, but the skirt was black and the top was white with black lace from under the breast to the top of the skirt. There was also a white bow that wrapped around the smallest part of the body and tied in the front. It was the only one and it was her size. She took it and slipped into the dressing room.

“I love these.” Val said looking over herself and the other girls once they were out. Michelle stepped out and everyone looked at her and nodded. They quickly changed back into their clothes and I paid for the dresses.

“Do you know a good place for hair and make up is?” I asked Jen as we took our dresses from her.

“Here’s the number of the girl who does mine. Just tell her I sent you and what’s going on. She’ll get you in right away.” I thanked her and we all got back in the limo as I made the call. We arrived shortly and went in. We had 3 hours. There were 4 girls in there and each of them started on one of us as soon at we got in. Devin and I were the only 2 not being worked on and I’d noticed a flower shop next door.

“We’ll be back.” I said and dragged her next door. “How quick can you make 5 bridesmaids bouquets and one bridal?”

“Few hours. What are you looking for?” The man asked putting some flowers in the cooler.

“Red roses and calla lilies.”

“It’ll be around $1,500.” He said.

“That’s fine but I need them in 3 hours.” He nodded and I paid before going back next door. Val was the first one done with her hair since it was short. All of the bridesmaids hair was going to be up in a tight bun with a few pearls in their hair. I took the chair Val had been in and the girl started work on my hair. She left half of it down with the full lose curls falling down my back. They gave all of the girls a very simple natural look and did a dramatic smoky eye with silver and black. My lips were bright red. She showed Michelle how to put the veil in my hair without messing it up. We grabbed the flowers and headed to the church. It was already 11 and the ceremony was starting in 30 minutes when we pulled in.

“Hey. Why are you guys dressed?” Brian asked standing by the door as we all ignored him and raced into the dressing room. Jazz was the first one completely ready and helped me lace my dress. There was a knock on the door as Michelle was fixing my veil. I’m surprised we got all of this done so quickly.

“Are you guys ready?” Jimmy asked stepping in the room, my back to him.

“Yeah.” I turned and smiled at him. He looked taken back a bit.

“You look amazing. I swear Zack is the luckiest man on Earth.” He said as he pulled me into a hug. The girls all filed out of the room and I could hear music playing. I started to get nervous as I grabbed my bouquet. “It’ll be ok.” Jim whispered and took my arm in his and led me out of the dressing room and to the beginning of the isle. My breath caught in my throat as I stepped onto the isle and my eyes locked with Zack. He was in a completely black suit with a white tie. The guys were in black tuxes with white shirts and black ties. The smile on Zack’s face made my knees weak. I quickly looked around the room and saw it decorated with roses and calla lilies, just like the bouquets all of the girls had. I then noticed the rose boutonnieres the guys had, except Zack’s was a calla lily. I can’t believe I forgot these, but I guess Zack knows me well enough to know what I like.

“Who gives this woman to this man?” The minister asked.

“I do on behalf of her father.” Jimmy spoke and handed my hand over to Zack. There was a flash of light; a photographer. My eyes started to water again. I took my place next to him after handing my bouquet to Michelle. Jimmy took his place among the groomsmen.

“If there is any one who objects to this marriage speak now or forever hold your peace.” The older man spoke. When no one said anything he instructed Z on what to say.

“I, Zachary James Baker, take you, Danielle Aurora Ryder, to be my lawfully wed wife. To have and to hold from this day forward. I give to you my unending love and devotion. I promise to be true to you, to cherish you, and to share my thoughts, hopes, and dreams with you. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you. You are my best friend and I promise I will love you forever. You are my one true love” Zack’s green eyes shone brighter than I have ever seen them as he slid the wedding band that Brian had handed him on my finger underneath my engagement ring.

“I, Danielle Aurora Ryder, take you, Zachary James Baker, to be my lawfully wed husband. To have and to hold from this day forward. I give to you my unending love and devotion. I promise to be true to you, to cherish you, and to share my thoughts, hopes, and dreams with you. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you. You are my best friend and I promise I will love you forever. You are my one true love.” I took the ring from Michelle and slipped it onto Zack’s finger.

“Zachary, do you swear to uphold those vows until death do you part?” The minister spoke.

“I do.” Zack’s eye were locked with mine.

“10... 9... 8...” I heard faint counting from somewhere outside.

“Danielle, do you swear to uphold those vows until death do you part?”

“6...5..”

“I do.” My eye didn’t leave his.

“You may now kiss you wife.”

“1! Happy new year!” I barely heard it as Zack’s lips crashed onto mine. They fit against mine perfectly.

“Happy new year Mrs. Baker.” He whispered in my ear. I couldn’t have been happier than I was in that moment.

“Picture time!” Jazz yelled. I hadn’t notice it but everyone had found their way to their significant other. We did the wedding pictures in the church before going out to a gazebo that had white lights wrapped around it. We did a few more picture before going back inside to one of the rooms where we signed our marriage license. There was a cake on the table. It was 3 tiers, white, and had chocolate dripping down the sides of each layer, rose petals on the tops of the layers and a full roses on the very top.

“Zack, that’s perfect.” I said looking it over.

“I’m glad you like it.” We cut the cake and did the toast before it was time to throw the bouquet. I turned my back to the girls and Jimmy, who insisted on being in the group, and tossed it. I turned around to see Eliza holding it excitedly.

“Time for the first dance.“ Zack whispered in my ear and led me to center the floor. I looked to see Brian, Matt S, and Jimmy walking over to the instruments that were either for the church’s band or the guys had brought them. “Matt and Jim helped me write this, but it’s for you.” He kissed me as Matt started playing the piano.

“Your hazel green tint eyes watching every move I make./ And that feeling of doubt, it's erased./ I'll never feel alone again with you by my side./ You're the one, and in you I confide./ And we have gone through good and bad times./ But your unconditional love was always on my mind./ You've been there from the start for me./ And your love's always been true as can be./ I give my heart to you./ I give my heart, cause nothing can compare in this world to you./ And we have gone through good and bad times./ But your unconditional love was always on my mind./You've been there from the start for me./ And your love's always been true as can be./ I give my heart to you./ I give my heart, cause nothing can compare in this world to you/ I give my heart to you./ I give my heart, cause nothing can compare in this world to you” Matt was singing the song but all I hear was Zack’s perfect voice singing in my ear. Tonight would forever be remember as one of the best nights of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Quick note, the more comments I get, the quicker you get an update! Also if any of you have a facebook, please join Team Stallion Duck foREVer in remembrance of Jimmy. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Team-Stallion-Duck-foREVer/114574825294893