Status: Complete - I am currently working on a sequel, but won't post until I have it half finished. Look for it in late November.

Tattooed

Kiss Me I'm Shitfaced

The next two and a half months pass quickly. I was official Zack’s girlfriend much to the displeasure of almost every girl in school. He and Chase started sitting with the guys, twins, and I at lunch. Jimmy had gotten over his hatred toward Zack but was still apprehensive about being close friends with him. We’d all hang out at Jim’s after school, Zack walking with me home every day after. I’d picked up on the drums quickly. I’d managed to keep the daily beating a secret from everyone other than my angel, but there was nothing he could do. The group just thought I was clumsy. If anyone found out, I’d be taken away from my friends. I was willing to endure it just so I can be close to my angel. I hadn’t seen my dad since that day but every week chase would hide about $700 with a note from my dad; most of it went into a bag I was saving. Today is the day I get my cast off and the day before Zack’s birthday.

“Hey Danni. Ready to get that thing off?” Chase asked meeting me and Zack in the courtyard after school.

“God yes!” He was taking me to get my arm freed to this hideous thing. Everyone had signed it making it not so ugly but I still despised it.

“I’ll see you when you get home baby.” Zack kissed me.

“Damn right you will.” I smiled. He placed another kiss on my forehead before Chase and I walked over to his bike and took off. We arrived at the doctors office and the cast was remove.

“Anything else you want to do before I take you home?” We were standing outside next to his bike.

“I want to go get Zack’s birthday present but I don’t think we can get it back on your bike.” I pouted.

“I can fix that.” He pulled out a cell phone similar to mine and make a call. Within minutes there was a car in the parking lot with us.

“I love my dad.” I smiled at the ‘57 mustang in front of me.

“I’ll see you at school tomorrow.” Chase laugh and took off on his bike.

“I’m Ben.” The guy driving smiled at me once I was in the car. He was covered in tattoos.

“Danni.” We talked a bit as we headed to the mall. Seems since I was getting in so many ‘accidents’ Dad had hired someone to watch after me, and this was him. We walked into the music shop and I went for the guitar Zack had picked up the day he first brought me here. I was really excited to see they still had it. I quickly grabbed it and went to the register.

“Nice choice.” The man behind the counter smiled at me. “Do you know how to play it?”

“Yeah.” I looked at him like he was stupid. “But it’s not for me.”

“Well either way, it’ll be $2,948.92.” I pulled the money out of my pocket that I’d grabbed from my savings bag before school. The guys eyes widened. “How did a kid your age get that kind of money?” He was eyeing the $3,300 in my hand.

“Bank of daddy.” I smiled. “Actually, I think I’m going to need a case too. I’ll be right back.” I went over to the section of cases and picked out a hard plastic black one that wasn’t really that interesting. I set it on the counter as well.

“That’ll be $3,095.12” Yay. I had $204 left. I set the guitar in the case before walking back over to Ben. He took me home and I snuck into house, hiding the case as much as I could while I got in. Once in my room I looked out of the side window and saw Zack strumming on the guitar his parents had gotten him; our rooms faced each other. I shoved the new one under my bed. He looked up just in time to see me standing. He motioned to the beach and I ran outside.

“Look!” I smiled showing my wrist. “I can move it!” I clapped excitedly.

“I can see.” He laughed.

“So what are you’re plans for tomorrow Mr. Baker.” I asked as we sat in the sand, the sun starting to set. This had become almost a daily thing for us.

“Become a year older.”

“I know that. I mean what are you doing to celebrate?”

“Nothing really.” He shrugged. Seems he had no idea what I had planned for him.

“Well then you are mine ALL day!” I leaned into him more as the water and sky blended together in pinks and oranges.

“I’m yours everyday baby.” He kissed my temple. He rested his head on mine as the sun disappeared. The only thing I hated was the sun set at 4:45 now. He leaned down leaving a trail of kisses from my forehead to my collarbone.

“What do you say to skipping school tomorrow? We’ll spend the day doing something fun.” I leaned back from his kisses.

“What do you have in mind?” He sat back looking at me.

“I don’t know. Skate park?” His eyes lit up. He said once I got my cast off he was going to teach me to skateboard.

“Hell yeah. Oh my mom wanted to know if you’d join us for dinner tonight.” I nodded. “Well we are going to this really fancy place. It was not my idea I swear.” His nose scrunched.

“Ok. What time?”

“In about 2 hours.”

“Sure. How fancy are we talking?”

“Semi-formal.” He spoke as I kissed the tip of his nose.

“Then I should start getting ready.” I stood and he followed. He kissed me as the last rays of sunlight died. I went upstairs and got showered for second time that day. After getting that cast off my arm felt nasty. I dried my hair, pulled it into a pony tail and curled it. I pulled on a black halter dress that laced up the back with a red ribbon; showing a good portion of my back. It hit my calves in the back and mid thigh in the front. I did my make up in a ‘50s pin up style and pulled on a pair of black heels that wrapped up my legs with red ribbons to match the dress. I went over to my jewelry box hidden at the bottom of my closet and pulled out a white gold necklace. It dropped into a wide v encrusted with diamonds that sat at the hallow of my neck with another diamond at the point. My dad had given it to me as a birthday present last year. I grabbed simple diamond earrings and put the jewelry on. I did one final look over as the doorbell rang.

“Wow.” Zack’s eyes looked over me.

“You clean up nicely.” I remarked. He was wearing a white button down, simple black slacks, and a black suit jacket. The top buttons on his shirt were undone. I bit my lip as he took my arm and led me to the car waiting in the drive way. We joined his mom and dad in their car. Zina and Matt were taking her car with their dates.

“Danni, you look beautiful.” His father spoke making me blush. We were in the back seat. He gripped my hand.

“Thank you Mr. Baker.” I smiled. We arrived at an up scale restaurant. We got inside and took our seat.

“I can’t read a single word of this.” Zack whispered to me. It was all in French. I giggled and help him read it. We both decided on a chicken dish. The dinner passed without anything really interesting happening. His parents made small talk with me asking about school and how it felt to have the cast off.

“Hey Zack, Brandon and I are going for ice cream. You and Danni want to join?” We were outside. Zack looked to me for an answer.

“Do you really have to ask me?” I smiled and moved closer to Z shivering a little.

“I guess we are.” Zack quickly pulled his jacket off and placed it on my shoulder when he noticed the shiver. Once in the car he pulled me close to him. “Still cold?” He whispered in my ear making me shiver. He kissed behind my ear then trailed down my neck. His warm breath sending a chill down my spine.

“Break it up you two.” Zina laughed. “We’re here.” The place was packed with teenagers, which was surprising for Tuesday. We looked so out of place it was funny.

“What do you want baby?” His arm in it’s normal spot, his face up toward the menu board.

“Rainbow sherbet.” As we sat eating our ice cream I was going over the plans for tomorrow in my head.

“Stop looking at me like that.” Zack’s eyes shifted from side to side. “You look like you’re planning my death or something.”

“Or something.” I winked at him. We arrived back home and I got my goodnight kiss before going upstairs and changing into a pair of Nightmare Before Christmas pajama pants and the matching tank top. I placed the jewelry back in the box I’d gotten it from throwing clothes back over it. I looked out my window and saw Zack unbuttoning his shirt. The window was just high enough so I couldn’t see from his waist down. His upper body was perfectly sculpted. His green eyes locked on mine. I smiled at him before killing my light and crawling into bed.

My alarm sounded at 5 am. I drug myself out of bed and outside. Ben was sitting in my driveway.

“Good morning sleepy head.” He patted my head. And I growled at him. It was too early to be up. I grabbed half of the balloons from his car while he grabbed the other half and the giant card I’d made.

“Come on. Be quiet.” Ben followed me into Zack’s house. Zina had left the door unlocked for me. I made my way up to his room and quietly opened the door. He looked so peaceful as he slept. I released the balloons into his ceiling; Ben did the same. I placed the card next to his guitar where he would be sure to see it and crept back out of the house, locking the door behind me. I thanked Ben and went back up to my room and to sleep. I awoke an hour later and did my usual morning routine. I decided to wear the first top Zack had pick out for me when we went to the mall with a Sex Pistols hoodie and jeans.. I went downstairs and outside. Before my feet hit the ground Zack had me around the waist spinning us in circles.

“That was so sweet! Thank you!” He set me down and kissed my lips. “Have I told you how amazing you are?”

“Not today.”

“You’re the most amazing girl in the world. I’m so lucky to have you. Off to the skate park!” We walked to the park after Zack had grabbed his board. He spent all morning just teaching me to balance. We had lunch at a local diner before heading back to the park for more of Zack catching me before I had the chance to bust my ass. It was around 5 when we decided to call it a day and go to Jimmy’s.

“Surprise!” Everyone yelled as we walked into the living room. Zack jumped slightly before smiling. Most of his baseball friends were here, a few girls I didn’t know, along with the group he was slowly becoming a part of.

“You set this up?” He looked down at me.

“Val and Michelle did most of the work. I was only to keep you distracted today babe.”

“Well now that this fucker is here let’s get this party started!” Jimmy yelled before turning the stereo on full blast.

“Where are his parents?” I yelled over the music to Val.

“Out of town for the week. We have this place to ourselves.” We all partied for a bit before Michelle cut the music down.

“It’s time for the birthday song!!!” I exclaimed carrying the cake in.

“Happy birthday to you/ happy birthday to you/ happy birthday dear” everyone threw in their own little nickname for Zack. “Happy birthday to you!” He blew out all of the candles except one. Everyone cheered as he blew the last one out. He cut into the cake and started to hand pieces out.

“Hey Danni!” I turned to face Zack only to have him shove his plate of cake into my face. I grinned and took off after him. I ended up tackling him in the front yard and whipping my face all over his shirt. We rolled around in the grass trying to pin each other. I won.

“Danni let the birthday boy up.” Chase said walking outside to see me sitting on his chest. I got off him and we went inside. It didn’t take to long for Zack’s friends to leave.

“Now that they are gone!” Brian held up 2 bottles of Jack. We all cheered.

“Hold on. I’m calling home and telling my mom I’m staying with you two.” I pointed to Val and Michelle. I returned after making the phone call to see there were 10 shots poured.

“Hurry up!” A girl with short brown hair that had been introduced to me 2 months ago as Jazz. She was Jason’s new girlfriend. She had big brown eyes, a slightly pointy nose, and a huge smile. She and Michelle had become my best friends here.

“I’m back. Oh baby, I called Zina and ask her to tell your mom you’d be staying at Chase’s.” I took my seat next to him. We all downed our shot.

“God that’s strong!” This time it was Matt B’s girlfriend, Eliza. I’d met her the second day I was at Jimmy’s. She was a little shorter than me, so around 5 ft even. She was curvy and had long black and purple hair. Her and Val were really close. Go figure. I guess when your boyfriend’s have the same name, you get close.

“Zack! You never open your presents!” Michelle pouted. “You have to open mine first!” She handed him a bag overflowing with tissue paper. He pulled the paper out.

“I totally needed a new one!” He was holding a journal. “I just filled my last one yesterday. I was worried I have to write my songs on something they’d get lost on.” He hugged her. He opened the rest. He mainly got clothes from everyone else. They preferred his new look, as did I, so they were adding to his wardrobe. Now it was time to open the one I’d gotten him.

“Alright, this is half of your Christmas present too.” I smiled at him. “Follow me.” We all walked out to the garage. In the middle of the floor there was what appeared to be a large box wrapped in bright pink paper. He raise and eyebrow at me. “You’ll forget the paper when you open it.” He ripped the paper off.

“Awe! You got me a guitar case. Thank you baby.” He kissed my forehead.

“Open it dumbass.” Jimmy rolled his eyes. Zack looked confused but popped open the case. I think had he not already been on the ground to open it, he’d have fallen. He stared at it for a few minutes.

“Like it?” I asked still standing behind him. He jumped up and started spinning me around.

“You so didn’t have to do that baby!” He set me down and I stumbled slightly from all the spinning.

“Yes I did. It’s in the girlfriend hand book.”

“It is not! She’s never gotten me anything like that.” Brian said pointing to Michelle. She hit his arm.

“What did I get you last year?”

“Oh yeah. Never mind.”

“Let’s get back to the booze!” Val spoke walking back inside. We all did the same. The rest of the night was a blur. All I know is we went through both bottles of liquor and I woke up on the living room floor with Zack’s arms around me, my head on his chest. I’ll just say this, I love hearing his heartbeat… except when I have a hangover. There was no way in hell any of us would make it into school today.