I Don’t Know What Planet You’re On, but I Wanna Be on It With You

Chapter 1

“Lyn….Lyn, wake up,” Sydney Williams whispered.

Lyn rolled over and grinned at her girlfriend. Sydney grinned back at her and leant across, kissing her lips softly.

“Happy anniversary,” Lyn whispered. Sydney fell back against the pillows and grinned at the roof.
“2 years,” she said happily. Beside her, Lyn had pulled out a small box and had turned to face Sydney, who rolled on her side to face her.

“Happy anniversary again,” she said, sliding the small box across the sheets. Sydney opened it and gasped. Inside the box was a diamond ring.

“It’s not legal or anything, but think of this as like an engagement,” Lyn said shyly. Sydney slid across the bed and snaked her hand around the back of Lyn’s head, pulling her closer towards her. She attached her lips to Lyn’s and ran her tongue along her bottom lip. Lyn parted her lips and Sydney slid her tongue inside her mouth, wrestling with her tongue.
After several minutes, Sydney pulled away and glanced at the clock, groaning.

“I have to get up to go to work,” she mumbled, throwing back the sheets and getting out of bed, “I’m gonna go have a shower…”

“Can I join you?” Lyn called cheekily as Sydney went to shut the door to the bathroom. She poked her head out of the door and said, “It’s too early.”

Lyn’s mouth dropped open in shock. ”It’s never too early!” she called as Sydney shut the door.

Sydney grinned to herself as she stripped off and stepped into the shower.

**************************************************************************************************
Sydney sighed as she waited for another customer to walk into the store. She worked at a music store at the bottom end of town and to be honest, it was boring.

She sighed again and bought her hand up close to her face, examining the ring on her engagement finger. Smiling to herself, she pulled her phone out of her bag and sent a text.

‘Tonight we’re going out. My treat. I’ll see you later xoxo.’

Sydney searched through her contact book and found ‘Lyn’. She hit send and jumped as someone said, ‘Excuse me, do you have a pen I can borrow?’

She looked up and saw a middle aged woman, smiling at her. Sydney reached below the counter and pulled out a pen, handing it to the woman.

She rested her left hand on the counter and glanced up at the clock. 3 hours til she was home.

“Well, that’s a pretty bit of jewellery,” the woman said, looking at Sydney’s finger. Sydney blushed.

“Thanks,” she mumbled, lifting her hand up so she could stare at it again. The woman smiled at her.

“Whose the lucky guy?” she asked. Sydney froze. The lucky guy?

“Erm, it’s actually a girl…” her voice trailed off, before she gathered the courage to continue, “Her name’s Lyn.”

The woman dropped the pen on the counter and blushed furiously.
“I have to go now, I’m sorry dear,” she bustled away from the counter and out of the store, not bothering to turn back and look at Sydney.

She scowled. “Stupid bitch,” she mumbled, turning away from the doorway and crossing her arms.
She couldn’t wait to see Lyn.

****************************************************************************************************

“You look gorgeous,” Lyn said admiringly as Sydney twirled for her in the middle of their lounge room later that night. Sydney blushed.

“You don’t look too bad yourself,” she replied. Lyn smiled and extended her arm. Sydney hooked hers through it and the two of them walked out to Lyn’s car, where they drove to where Sydney had booked them in for dinner.

“Table for 2 for Williams,” Sydney said as they waited to be seated. The waiter smiled at them and led them through the tables, seating them at a table near the window.

“This place is beautiful,” Lyn whispered, staring around at the walls, “I still remember it…”
”From our first date?” Sydney smiled, the memory coming back to her. Lyn leant across the table and grabbed Sydney’s hand.

“I love you, Syd,” she whispered.
“And I love you, Lyn.”

****************************************************************************************************

An hour and a half had passed since they had arrived at the restaurant. Sydney sighed as Lyn got up to go and get another alcoholic drink.

“Lyn, I think you should stop drinking now,” she said as Lyn almost missed the chair and fell on her ass. Grumbling, Lyn glared up at her.

“And I think you should mind your own business,” she snapped. Sydney’s mouth dropped open and she shook her head. Stupid alcohol.

“Sydney?” a voice asked in surprise, “Sydney Williams?” Sydney looked up and saw someone that she hadn’t seen since high school.

“Tegan!” she exclaimed, jumping up and hugging her old friend, “How are you?”
“I’m good,” Tegan grinned, looking Sydney up and down, “And how bout you? You look amazing!"

Sydney blushed, “Yeah, I’m good. And you look even better than I remember from school!”

Tegan smiled and looked at Lyn, who was shooting them dirty looks. “Whose this?” she asked. Sydney faltered and glanced at Lyn, who snapped, “I’m her girlfriend.”

Tegan smiled and hugged Sydney, who hugged her back. “I’m glad you found happiness,” she smiled, before turning away, “I have to go though…I’ll talk to you soon. Bye!”

Sydney sat back down at the table and frowned at the look on Lyn’s face. “What?” she asked.

“Who was that?” Lyn asked. Sydney frowned.

“That was Tegan, someone I knew from school,” she replied, draining her glass. Lyn scoffed.

“Bullshit,” she hissed, “Where else have you seen her before?” Sydney frowned, “No where, she’s just a school friend. Jesus, Lyn, what’s wrong with you?”

“You liar,” Lyn hissed, “You’re a cheater, and you’re a whore.”

‘Lyn, will you shut up?” Sydney exclaimed, “There’s nothing with me and Tegan!”

”Of course there is!” Lyn shouted, “I knew I couldn’t trust you!”

Sydney stood up, tears in her eyes. She fumbled with the ring on her left hand and slammed it down on the table in front of Lyn.

“If that’s how you feel,” she whispered, before running out of the restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first femmeslash. Eeep.