I Don’t Know What Planet You’re On, but I Wanna Be on It With You

Chapter 2

***Sydney's POV***

I ran out of the restaurant, tears streaming down my face. The more i walked, the sorer my feet got until i finally got so frustrated with my ridiculously high heels that i kicked them off and picked them up.

"Fucking things," I whispered, continuing to walk barefoot along the footpath.

I saw a kids playground up ahead and i sighed. I looked behind me and couldnt see any sign of Lyn, so i stepped lightly through the grass and sat down on one of the swings, surprised my ass still fit.

I swung gently, sighing loudly. I knew Lyn had a problem when it came to alcohol. I knew that from the time i was with her in that bar and she almost knocked the head off some guy who tried to help her when she almost fell over.

But i never knew she could do this.

Sure, she was drunk, but her words would stick with me when we make up. There's just some things you can't forget.

"Excuse me?" a male voice said.

I jumped and raised a hand to my chest, my heart beating a million miles an hour. I turned and saw a guy, about my age, staring down at me with concern. He had a suit jacket on, his tie hanging loosely from his neck.

"Are you alright?" he asked. I half smiled at him.

"Apart from a heart attack, I'm ok," I replied. He grinned sheepishly and sat in the swing beside me.

We sat in an uncomfortable silence as i stared at my feet and picked at the nail polish on my fingernails. The stranger broke it by extending his hand and smiling at me.

"Gerard," he said. I half smiled at him and shook his hand. "Sydney," i replied. He nodded. "I know," he said softly. I stared at him in surprise. Stalker?

"Well, don't get freaked out by this...." he said, his voice trailing off and his milky skin turning a pale red. Oh shit. This is where he tells me he's been secretly watching my house for the past year.

"But i kinda followed you from the restaurant," he finished. Oh. Well, it's not as bad as stalking me for a year, but he still followed me!

"You followed me!?" I half asked, half exclaimed. He cringed and nodded sheepishly. I glared at him.

"What would posess you to do that?" I asked angrily. He blushed a deeper shade of crimson and replied quietly, "I saw you crying, i wanted to make sure you were okay."

He stared at his lap, his hands twisting nervously and i immediately felt bad. He only wanted to see if i was ok, and i snap his head off. Im a bitch.

"Sorry," i mumbled quietly, standing up and brushing myself off, sighing loudly. I dropped my shoes and they clattered against the concrete. I slid them onto my feet and started to walk towards home.

I heard heavier footsteps follow me and i turned around to come face to face with Gerard. I stopped suddenly and he walked straight into me, almost knocking me over.

I gasped loudly and his hand came around and pulled my body closer to his, keeping me upright. I glanced into his hazel eyes and felt myself blush at the close proximity that our lips were at.

Gerard coughed loudly and pulled me up, letting go of me quickly. I adjusted my dress and started to walk off again, only to stop as Gerard caught up with me yet again.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he stared expectantly at me. "I was going to walk you home," he said simply. I stared at him in surprise. The calmness and certainty in the statement he said freaked me out slightly, but i wanted him to walk me home.

But i didn't want to go home.

"I don't wanna go back to Lyn just yet," i mumbled, continuing to walk along the park path. He nodded in understanding and fell into step beside me. We walked along in silence, passing busy restaurants and gas stations before i stopped outside a brightly lit store.

"I need liquor," i mumbled, turning towards him, "You can wait, or you can come in. I dont care."

Gerard stared up at the shop with a look of distaste on his face. He shook his head slightly and took a seat outside the store, crossing his legs and humming quietly.

I stared at him for a minute, before waking up to myself and walking inside. The boy was strange, but i liked him, i'd give him that.

I made my purchases and walked out of the store to find Gerard exactly the way i had left him. I nudged his knee slightly with my foot and he stood up, only pausing to brush himself off before he followed me, a step behind.

I carried the bottle of whiskey in my hand, and i sensed Gerard glancing at it occasionally, shaking his head.

"What!?" I exclaimed as he guided me along a dark street, which he said lead to his house. I know what you're thinking. What the hell are you doing, Sydney, walking home with this guy?! You're ASKING to be raped.

That thought had crossed my mind, but i would have to deal with that when i came to it, which i hoped i didnt.

"Nothing," Gerard mumbled, stopping outside a small house and holding his arm out. I glared at him and walked up the dirt path, stopping at the front door. Gerard reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys, opening the front door.

"I'll get you a glass," he said quietly, placing his keys on the table inside the door and heading towards where i guessed the kitchen was. I walked through into the lounge room and sat on the cough, glancing at the paintings that graced the wall.

"Here," Gerard said several seconds later, placing a glass down in front of me. I opened the bottle and poured myself a generous helping, downing it all in one go.

I glanced at Gerard sitting in the chair opposite me and frowned at his lack of drink. I offered him the bottle and he shook his head, holding up and hand and scrunching his face up at the liquid.

"Former alco," he explained, "I havent touched a drop of the stuff in 5 years."

I took the bottle away from his direction and stared at it.

"Guess it's up to me to finish it," I whispered, swigging straight from the bottle.

***********************************************************************************

***Time Elapse: 2 Hours***

"I think you've had enough," Gerard said quietly, talking the nearly empty whiskey bottle from me and placing it on the coffee table. I whined and tried to grab it back, only succeeding in falling off the couch.

In my drunken state, i giggled.

"Gerard," i giggled, my breath coming in short gasps as i clawed at the front of his shirt.

"What?" he replied, trying to unhook my fingers from the material. I pulled him down closer to me and said quietly, "I just fell off the couch." I laughed harder as Gerard rolled his eyes and stopped trying to get me off of him and he hooked his arm beneath my legs, picking me up in one swift movement.

"Wheee!!" I exclaimed, laughing as Gerard carried me up the stairs and into a room off the hallway. He placed me down on the bed, pulling back the blankets and making sure i was comfortable before he pulled the blankets back up.

I sat up slightly to look at him as he sat on the edge of his bed and shook his head sadly at me.

"Alcohol's not the answer," he said softly, maybe even sadly.

I stared at him for a minute before i leant forward, waiting for my lips to touch his.