‹ Prequel: New Moon's Love
Status: Complete!!!!

Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Chapter 11

I walked through the docks with Riley, trying not to gag as I watched the vampires drink off of some humans they had found near to the docks. I had been terrified for my life the first day I was here, but Riley said that none of them would touch me as long as his scent was on me. He made sure his scent covered me completely. He squatted down in front of a young girl. She couldn’t have been older than 15. She was clutching her throat and gasping like she hadn’t had a drink in months.

“What did you do to me? I-I’m so..” She gasped at Riley.

“Yeah.” Riley nodded to her. “I know. We’ll find you someone to drink.”

I heard one of the vampires shout “mine!” We turned towards them and watched as he punched another, breaking half of his head off. The girl shrieked a little and I moved so my leg was against Riley’s side, grabbing his shoulder. She looked at him with sheer terror written over her face.

“Just try not to get killed.” He sighed and stood up. “I’m going to need numbers.” He mumbled to himself glancing down at her before looking back out in the distance.

As he walked off, I kneeled in front of the girl. “Don’t worry about him. He’s always like that. I’m Elizabeth.”

“Bree.” She said, her voice hoarse from the burning in her throat. I had been around newborn vampires for long enough that I had learned a lot about them.

I cringed when I heard the screams of a human behind me. Bree shrunk back. “Don’t worry. Stay with me and you’ll be safe.”

“You’re human.” She said sniffing the air.

“Yes. Yes I am.”

“How come you’re still alive?”

“I belong to Riley. As long as his scent is on me, no one here can touch me.” She nodded understanding.

I tensed when I felt a cold hand on my shoulder. The person behind me felt me tense and gently rubbed my back. I relaxed and leaned into Riley’s hand.

“Come on.” He said. “I found someone for you.” Riley said to Bree. She nodded, got up and followed me and Riley over to an empty area of the docks.

There was a young man huddled in the corner near the wall of the warehouse. He shook in fear as Riley approached. He pleaded to me with his eyes, begging to be let go. I shook my head and turned away as Bree moved closer to him with Riley. I tried to block out his screaming by closing my eyes and thinking about different things.

My mind wandered and I found myself staring into a broad, muscular chest. I could feel warmth radiating off of him as his warm hand cupped my chin, lifting my face up to his. I couldn’t see his face because of the back light off the sun. He leaned his head down. His lips were inches from mine, his warmth spreading all over my body.

My eyes snapped open when a pair of cold lips met my neck. I felt cold arms wrap around my waist, bringing me closer to the solid chest behind me.

“You okay?” Riley whispered in my ear.

“Yes.” My voice was so quiet I could barely hear myself, but I knew he did.

“I need your help.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, okay. I know that scene happened earlier in the movie, but I just love Bree so I decided to throw that in. And I have 34 readers, but only 2 comments. I'm a little depressed. So please tell me what you think!