Status: Work in Progress

Wishes

How we Met

I've known him for almost all of my life. I know what you're all thinking: 'GOD, another stupid little love story.'

That isn't necesarrily the case, here.

I love Nick with all my heart. He's a best friend to me, although I'm probably not to him. We really don't talk much anymore.. He's moved on, I guess.

Here's the story that I really thought should be told.

* * *

I was four, when I moved into my current house. I knew no one, the only thing I was really happy about was that my new bedroom had pink carpeting. But I was scared; I missed my condo, and the neighbors there, and the green bathtub we had. This house seemed so... big.

I was outside with Mommy, when some people were walking down the street towards our house. I wasn't really nervous, I was never the shy type. But still, I held Mommy's leg tight.

The man, woman, and three kids walked up the driveway.

"Hello! Are you the neighbors?" Mommy spoke in a cheerful voice. Neighbors? Ooh, kids to play with!

"Hi, my name's Amy, and this is my husband Mark." They all shook hands, the woman named Amy holding a plate of cookies. She pointed to the kids by her. "This is Steven," she pointed to the taller kid, who looked about nine. "This is Hannah," Hannah waved at me, and I let a small smile out. Hannah looked about six. "And this is Nick." The last child seemed a bit shy; he was five. I waved at him, and he waved back, but his gaze lingered on the driveway.

My older brother, Alex, (who was also five) came running out of the house. "Mommy! Mommy! Are these the neighbors?" Once Nick saw Alex, his eyes lit up. Two boys, the same age, right then and there: instant best friends.

Mommy introduced all the kids to Alex. He spoke to Nick. "Hey, Nick! Wanna see my new Game Boy? We could play on it!" Alex hopped up and down excitedly.

"Can I go, Momma? PLEASE?!" Nick tugged on his mom's hand.

"Sure, sweetie. I'll be out here." She waved him off to go and play with his new friend.

"Hey.. Alex? Can I come?" I walked toward them, anxious to play with the new neighbor, too.

He nodded excitedly. Nick held his hand out to me, and I took it. We all ran inside.

I wondered why my tummy was acting funny.. When I touched Nick, it started. I don't know how or why, but I knew this was a good kid.

I liked the new boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the story of my first real love.
I thought it should be told.

I know its all in like 'kid speak' but trust me, it'll pick up. I just wanted to replay the day we met, so you all know. I ALSO know that its SUPERSHORT, but this is it for now. I'll try and finish the next chapter tonight, yeah?
Feedback is really appreciated<3