Status: Updating. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!

Blind Ambition

Confrontation

ADRIEN'S POV

I hunched my shoulders, my breathing ragged. Oh please don't let this be asthma. 

I walked behind Garrett on the walk home. I really wanted to rest. I stopped for a while, trying to breathe normally. 

Garrett looked at my direction. He probably heard me. "What's wrong? Are you alright?" he asked. 

I smiled then walked toward him quickly. "Come on, they're probably waiting for us." He looked at me with a curious expression. 

When we returned, Ashlyn was already there. "Hello guys, how was your little movie not-date?" she asked with a plastic smile across her face. 

"It was great," Garrett said. "It was too bad that you couldn't come though because of your relative."

"Yes, it was sad," she said. "Adrien, may I speak with you outside?" She gave me a big smile. 

This isn't going to be good. "Okay." I followed her out the bus. 

She stopped then turned to me. "What the hell Adrien, are you trying to steal my boyfriend?"

"What? No!" I knew this would happen. 

"Well, it certainly doesn't seem that way. One moment I'm gone and the next thing I know, you're sneaking off with Garrett?!" 

"He was the one who told me to go watch a movie with him to pay back for helping him with his wound." This is so frustrating, I knew this would cause nothing but trouble. Damn you, irresistible zombie movie. "And for the nth time we're just friends. And this was not a freaking date!"

"Well, according to these pictures, it certainly looks like one!" She shoved a Manila envelope to me. 

I took out the pictures. It was us with some fans and a few in the ticket booth. "These are just photos. And as you can see, Justin and Pat were with us here," I pointed to the one where we were signing some autographs. 

"So? But why were you two alone here?" she persisted. 

"We watched a zombie movie and the other guys were too scared to come so we just did. If I wanted him to like me then I wouldn't have helped you with all your lying. It wasn't a date, why won't you believe me?!" I said.

"Because it looks like you're having too much fun taking him away from me."

You're not even an official couple yet, I wanted to say. But instead, I said, "At least I'm not stealing someone else's life story." I know, it wasn't the right thing to say in these circumstances but I just couldn't stop myself. She was getting on my nerves and I was having a hard time breathing, I just wanted this drama to end but I just seemed to make it worse. 

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" she asked, taking a step closer to me. "What did you say, you bitch!" she demanded. 

"Nothing," I muttered, trying to breathe normally. "Just let this go. It won't happen again," I said softly, hunching my shoulders. 

"Oh I will make sure it won't. Or else," she said with a glare that shot daggers. 

I nodded then started taking short, sharp breaths. Oh hell no. This cannot be happening. "Excuse me." I turned my back. 

"Oh now, you're going to act all sick so they can all notice you and pity you," she said. 

I shook my head and ignored her. I continued walking slowly towards the bus entrance. 

"Stop being such a drama queen, Adrien!" she said as she followed me and pushed me to the side so she can go inside the bus first.

"What the—" I said. This isn't middle school! She is the most selfish and immature person I know! But I have more important things to worry about. Like this stupid asthma attack that's slowly sucking the air out of me, literally. 

I sat on the couch for a while before rummaging through my bags for my inhaler which was most probably at home. "Where is that stupid inhaler?" I said softly to myself. I haven't had an asthma attack in years and I didn't think it would happen again.

"What are you looking for, Adrien?" Justin asked. 

"Um, a pen," I answered. Justin was the last person you'd tell if you're sick. He'd be all up in people's faces, telling them to attend to you and make a big deal out of it. 

"I have one right here," he said, handing one to me. 

I smiled. "Thanks." My continuous coughing followed after he left which made me look like an idiot. 

"Are you all right?" Kennedy asked me when he heard me coughing. 

"Of course. Let's go, they're probably waiting for us." I stood up and went outside the bus. 

After a couple of hours, it was already time for the show. And these stupid bronchioles of mine are still malfunctioning. Stupid asthma. Why now?! Jeez, great timing. 

I sat down for most of the spare time before our slot to perform. "Are you sure you're alright?" Philip sat down beside me. 

"Yeah, it's just a stupid cough."

"Adrien, you don't look alright," Justin said. 

"Oh, boo hoo. She's just acting so she can get attention," Ashlyn said with an eye roll. 

"You know, Ashlyn, that doesn't sound like what Adrien would do. That sounds like something you always do," Justin said, standing up. 

I pulled Justin down. "Stop, she's not worth it." Ashlyn rolled her eyes and stomped away. I stood up. "I'm fine, see?"

"If this turns out to be an asthma attack, I will kill you for not telling me," Justin told me. 

I laughed. "Only if asthma doesn't kill me first."

Justin glared at me. 

"I was kidding!" I said. "Chill, dude!" 

"Your mom will not be happy if she hears this," Philip said. 

"Well, she won't get mad 'cause it's not asthma," I lied. "Plus, we can't do anything now, 'cause it's time to rock out," I said. I sure do pray that I stay upright for the whole of this last show. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo sorry for the late update!

Thanks to you and only you and astheonlybirdsings!

Btw, who went to the ATL concert here in the Philippines? OMG IT WAS AMAZING <3 js :)