Status: Updating. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!

Blind Ambition

Tragedy Strikes

ADRIEN'S POV

Well, so much for trying not to confuse Garrett. Even I didn't understand what I told him a while ago. Honestly, I am just as confused as he is.

"What's the matter? Everything alright with you and Garrett?" Jared asked when I went back inside their room.  

"What? Of course, everything's fine. We're just arguing, as usual." I gave him a half smile.

"Oh, okay," he said, sounding suspicious.

I sighed. "Let's just get back to the song," I said with a forced smile. At the back of my head, thoughts were racing. How could I even do something like this? After setting him up just so I can keep staying here, I just go and ignore him like he was the one who did something wrong when in truth, I've been the bad guy all along.

I'm becoming more and more like Ashlyn and it's definitely not a good thing. It's like I'm becoming everything I hated.

After the jam session with the guys, it was finally time for the show. At least I can get all of these off my mind now and just focus on playing for the crowd.

The show was mind-blowing. A lot of people were watching, I think some people passing by were even enjoying the show even if they didn't know who we were.

Just as Kennedy had said, the crowd was very much alive and amazing overall. They seemed like they were really enjoying and they made it a point to show us that they were having fun, unlike those other crowds which just stay quiet and watch like they're viewing a ballet performance or something.

The after party was like any other party: wild. People were drinking, dancing, making out, and basically just making a fool out of themselves. I just showed up at the party out of respect so after a few minutes, went back to my room and watched TV. As you might have known by now, parties are not on my list of fun things to do.

I jumped to the bed and grabbed the remote. I flipped through the channels without even paying attention to the shows. I tried my best to concentrate but I couldn't. I was thinking about Garrett, yet again.

I got frustrated and just pressed the off button. "Enough already!" I told myself, my voice muffled by the pillow I put over my face. I sighed and just laid there for who knows how long until I eventually fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of Ashlyn vomiting. I checked the clock. It was 3 in the morning. "Did you just get here?" I asked. She threw me a death glare. I raised my hands up, "Sorry, forget that I asked." After a few seconds, I went back to sleep.

The next morning, things took a turn for the worst. "Hello?" I answered through the phone's receiver.

"Adrien, honey, it's mom." My mom's voice sounded like she had just been crying. "Um, how are you doing?"

"Everything's fine, mom," I lied. "We're going home later before we go on the European tour so I'll see you soon."

"I have something to tell you," she said.

"Are you alright? You sound tired."

"Adrien," she said before bursting into tears.

"Mom, why? What happened?" A bad feeling swept across me.

"Your dad, he's...he's dead. The doctors couldn't do anything." My grip on the phone loosened as I heard my mom's words. Her sobs continued as my tears started streaming down my cheeks. I felt as if the world collapsed and I couldn't do anything about it. I cleared my throat. "Don't worry, mom, everything's going to be alright." But deep inside I knew that things will never be the same.

I went out of the room and saw Ashlyn blowdrying her hair. I wiped the tears off of my face and just looked down so she wouldn't ask questions. She smirked.  "What are you all dramatic about?" she asked in her usual bitchy manner.

I shook my head, partly to answer her and partly in disbelief of how one girl can actually be as insensitive as her. I ran down the halls, tears all over my face, and pushed the elevator button just before it was about to close.

My eyes widened in shock. Of all the people who could be behind those doors, he had to be the one.
♠ ♠ ♠
2nd update in one night! I actually don't have prewritten chapters anymore so I hope you'll bear with me. It's becoming harder to write this. But I will finish it!
Thanks for reading!