Status: between daily - a week :)

I Know My Mother Love Me, but Does My Father Even Care?

Prolouge

Jimmy’s pov
Dear diary,
My name is Jimmy Sullivan. People often get e and my dad mixed up but he’s also known as The Rev. I don’t see him much; he doesn’t really bother speaking to me, or my mom.
There’s 3 things in my life that mean the world to me. My mom, my mate Damon and my dog Sulley. I could happily do with my dad out the picture to be honest. I know it might sound horrible but my dad left for an “important” meeting as soon as I was born. He’s in a band; I don’t think that it could’ve been that important to leave at his Childs birth. My mom thinks he just felt sick at the sight of the blood. Well, I don’t. He used to constantly shout at me when I was little and when he wasn’t shouting at m, he want speaking to me at all or he was out with his mates.
I used to cry when he ignored me, shouted at me or just left us unexpectedly but I'm used to it now. It might sound pathetic but I am. Damon is basically my only friend but then again he’s the only friend I need. I’ve known him since we were 2 and we’ve been best friends ever since, because I hit the play barn instructor with a stick. My dog Sulley is a Great Dane. She’s 3ft 8 and she’s only 3! My mom got her for me for my 13th birthday.
Oh, and I almost forgot about my uncle Frankie. He’s my dads’ brother but its amazing how different their personalities are. Me and Frankie are really close because there’s only a four year age gap between us, and we used to play together when we were children. He lives with us too, so when my mom goes out it’s not completely awkward with my dad.
My mom is the most important person to me; I can’t remember a day without her. I don’t want a day without her. She’s always been there for me and comforted me when I needed it most.
I remember once I drew a picture for my dad when I was in school, I don’t know, I must’ve been 5 or 6. I came out of school excited he’d like it. My mom took me down to the basement, where he works, when we got home. He was on his drums like usual… I tried and tried to show him the drawing but he shouted at me to “piss off”. My mom insulted him in some way I can’t remember how, then she grabbed my hand and led me back upstairs. I remember my mom cleaning my face. I didn’t know what I did wrong. I still don’t know what I did wrong. I kind of wish me and my dad had a better relationship but if we did would I be as close with my mom?

I sighed, sat back and looked at what I wrote. I didn’t mean to write so much… I just wanted to writer a little about myself and I seemed to rant on about my dad more. Oh well…
“Jimmy,” my mom called.
I stood up and answered “coming.”

The revs pov
Dear diary,
I'm in the study looking at the emails between me and leana. I wish we could meet up again. I miss her. I never saw myself as the sort of person that would cheat and have an affair. But my current wife, Josie, doesn’t make me as happy as Leana does. Nobody can make me that happy. Me and Leana have 3 kids together, Lizze (14), Cian (9) and scarlet (5). I love them all so much. My other son Jimmy? Its odd to say about your son but I don’t really know him that well. I think Josie’s probably been making lies about me… I can hear them now, moving furniture in the living room. Really I should go and help but I cant be arsed to be honest.

I stopped writing in my diary as I got a new email. I read it and smiled as I got to the end. Yes! Me and Leana are meeting up tomorrow. We’re going to take the kids to the fun fair then have dinner together. Yay I cant wait!!!
♠ ♠ ♠
rate, comment or subscribe? :)