When Did Your Heart Go Missing?

Part 16

We sat in silence for a while. Me, smiling. Thinking that maybe things will get back to normal. And thinking that maybe if I get over this stupid crush, things will really get back to normal. And Frank. His head was still against the lockers as he looked up at the ceiling.

He grabbed my hand.

"I really have been a jerk to you," he said softly.

"Oh, it's nothing," I said sarcastically. "Just because you weren't around for me to vent about my prison sentence."

"Oh, right. Your mom. How bad was it?"

"Have fun this summer. And visit. Because I'm not taking one step outside of my house for a long time."

Frank was silent for a moment. Then he turned to me and smiled. I smiled back helplessly.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just missed seeing you smile."

I stared at the clock, willing for it to just be four already. Still Friday. Only now, Frank and I were suffering through detention. Mikey was "excused" because his brother graduated. Frank and I swore we would hate Mikey forever.

Frank and I. As in me and Frank. Both of us. Back to normal.

I was sat at a desk and Frank sat on the floor next to me. I felt something on my leg. I looked down and almost burst out laughing but at the same time I could feel myself blushing. It was Frank's head. He was snoring lightly.

"Wake up, Frank," I said, feeling amused. He didn't budge. The butterflies in my stomach were going insane.

"Now, class. I need to discuss something with you."

I looked up at the teacher, Mr. Hart. He was the hottest sophomore Spanish teacher anyone's ever seen. Bob hated him because Kelsey could never stop staring at him. But, on top of that, he was real strict. Which is why he was our prison guard for the time being.

"I need to talk to you guys about this 'Free the Freshmen' thing," Mr. Hart said. Fifty freshmen groaned. Well, all except...

"Frank," I whispered. He let out a snore. I moved my leg and his head shot up.

"Wasn't sleeping," he said groggily, looking up.

"Mr. Hart's talking," I said. "I think he's going to speech us."

"And you woke me up for that?"

"Thought you weren't sleeping."

"Now, students," Mr. Hart said. "I am very disappointed in all of you." Another group groan. "Seriously. You guys could've pulled that off without getting caught. You just ruined a tradition!"

All of us exchanged looks. We were evidently confused.

"You don't have to come to detention next week," Crazy Teacher Dude said. There was a group cheer in which Frank grabbed my hand and smirked at me. And I tried not to blush. "But if you attempt this scheme next year, please do it right. I went to this school years ago and we always pulled it off. Don't need you snot-nosed kids ruining it."

There was laughter.

"Can't wait to have this dude as a teacher next year," Frank whispered. "I bet you can't, either. All the girls are in love with him."

"Why wouldn't they be?" I whispered back. "But I'm not. I couldn't care less."

"Yeah, right. I can see it now. All over your notebook. 'Mrs. Layla Hart.'"

I punched him lightly.

"There are fifteen minutes left of detention," Mr. Hart said. "But you can leave now. So long as you are quiet and don't get me fired, okay? Quietly."

Yeah, right. All us freshmen stormed out as quickly, and noisily, as possible. Frank held my hand as we ran down the halls. And I don't think I could've been happier.

Waiting outside for us were very bored looking Bob and Kelsey. The second she saw us, Kelsey ran. Like...ran. She practically jumped on Frank, disconnecting the comfortable embrace our hands were having.

"Is it true Remi broke up with you?" Kelsey asked excitedly, her arms wrapped around Frank's neck. For a moment, I hated her. But Frank nodded slightly.

"And are you over her?" Kelsey asked. She looked so damn excited. But Frank looked at his feet.

"No," he said quietly.

"You are so sad, dude," Bob said. "Sad as in pathetic."

"I know," Frank said. He looked up at me and smiled. "But I'll get over that bitch."

He called her a bitch! I'm so proud!
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Valentine's Day, people!!! XD Not exactly the most romantic chapter...

BTW, if you add me as a friend, thanks, but comment me first, yeah? <3

*goes off to eat chocolate*