When Did Your Heart Go Missing?

Part 22

I ran out of the room quickly, laughing.

"Get the blue-haired bitch!" I heard Frank's voice yell.

I must've outrun them because once I was outside, almost stomped on by all the other students, Ray, Gerard, and Sarah were waiting outside. They didn't have to go to school until getting their diplomas on Wednesday so they only came to pick up the rest of us under-sixteen-year-olds.

"Why are Frank and Mikey chasing you?" Ray yelled at me. I looked back and saw Frank and Mikey growing closer.

"Oh, shit," I muttered. Not far behind were Bob and Kelsey, watching the situation unfold and looking amused.

Considering I had no where to go and Mikey was much taller than Frank, he reached me first. He wrapped his arms around me. I stood my ground and didn't let him tackle me.

"No fair!" he complained.

"You and your scrawny little arms," I said, laughing.

"Oh yeah?"

Mikey lifted me slightly.

"Ah! Put me down!"

"Looks like Mikey's been working out," Frank said. I saw him behind Mikey, giving a less than enthusiastic smile. Why? I don't know. Maybe he was pissed Mikey got to me first.

"No, Layla's just skinny as a toothpick," Kelsey said.

"You can let go now, Mikey," I told him. Mikey shook his head. He held me tightly, looking down at me and smiling. I tried to push away his arms, failing miserably. I'm really not any good at this.

"We understand you love her but if any of us are getting home anytime soon, you need to let her go," Ray said. I heard laughter. Mikey let go, blushing.

Blushing.

"Okey dokey then," Gerard said. "In the car."

"I'd rather walk," I said, considering I didn't live very far from the school.

Gerard shrugged. "Suit yourself."

"I'll go with you," Frank said, coming up to me and wrapping an arm around my waist. It was kinda hard to get over him when he did things like that.

"I saw Remi today," I stated a few blocks later, remembering when he said something similar about Rodney. He must've remembered, too.

"Do I care?" he stated. I applauded.

"I'm so proud of you, my darling." Frank laughed.

"So..." Frank began awkwardly. "What's with you and Mikey?"

What? Me and Mikey? Ha, ha! That's hilarious!

(I really have to stop being sarcastic...)

"Nothing is 'up', Frank," I retorted angrily. "Why the hell would you ask?"

I felt cold suddenly when he let go of my waist. I looked up at him. He shrugged.

"Just asking." He looked at the ground, his eyes hidden by a curtain of hair. He seemed so...awkward? Nervous? Ashamed?

"Frank?"

He didn't look up.

"Frank, are you o-"

"I'm fine.

Of course I didn't buy it. I know Frank too well. I stopped him in his tracks by putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Frank, tell me. What is it?"

He turned to me, looking me dead in the eye.

"Don't you wanna be with Mikey?" he muttered. He seemed almost...angry. I felt a hole in my heart. Wouldn't you just love to hear the guy you like ask you if you want to be with someone else? You should try it sometime. It's so much fun.

(Note to self: tone down sarcasm!)

"N-no," I said. The look Frank gave me was so intense. It was almost frightening. He grabbed my arms gently.

"So you don't like him?" he asked, his eyes bright now.

"Does he like me?" I asked nervously.

"No."

"Then why ask, Frank!?"

"Answer my question."

I sighed. My house was one block away now. I could run away and avoid the answer. No point. Didn't matter.

"No, Frank," I told him. He breathed a sigh of relief and smiled. "What?"

Frank walked away awkwardly. "Nothing...my darling."

Either Frank has something he's not telling me or he's just crazy.

I'm gonna have to find out...
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting! I will get back to you, I promise...

You may have mixed feelings about the next chapter. You'll go "omigosh" and then you'll go "what's Estephany's problem!? Why would Layla do that!? UGH!"

Because I said so.

^_^

<3