When Did Your Heart Go Missing?

Part 26

What is wrong?

I sigh and scribble under Mikey's handwriting,

Nothing.

Then what's on your mind? I know something's on your mind.

We were passing notes in our second period, P. E. Because, face it. The coach wasn't honestly going to make us do anything on the very last day of school. We all sat on the benches in the gym. Passing notes is much more fun for me and Mikey for some reason...

I'm going to talk to Remi and Rodney.

O.o

I laughed. I'd decided I'd talk to the two ass holes to get things straight with them.

I don't want tension.

Good luck with that. So, how much money do you want me to spend on roses for your funeral?

You're not funny.

The bell rang.

"Wooh!" Mikey yelled, standing up from the benches. He jumped off of them and fell onto the floor. I laughed and calmly climbed down the benches. I stood over Mikey, staring at him. His eyes were closed.

"I am in pain," he said. "Kiss my booboo better."

"Shut up," I said. I hadn't bothered to ask if he liked me. I had other things to worry about. "All I'm offering you is my hand."

Mikey groaned, opened his eyes and shot his hand in the air. I gladly took it, pulling him up to a standing position.

"So, are you seriously going to talk to those bastards as if they were normal human beings?" Mikey asked as we left the gym. I smiled.

"Yes," I said. "Yes I am. Now, I'm gonna go do that. Have fun in your next class."

"Yeah. Because history is always fun."

I laughed and walked up the stairs to the sophomores' turf. I was hoping to find Kelsey or Bob by their lockers. But, no. Who I did find, however, was someone that made me want to spit.

"Hi," I said, walking up to her. Remi turned to me, that bubble-gum smile glued to her face.

"Hi, Layla, darling!" she said. She waved off her junior friend and her smile only brightened as she looked me up and down. She disgusted me.

"I...love your...hair." She said this more like a question and less like a statement. Just because my hair has blue in it. Ooh, I must be such a freak.

"I need to talk to you," I told her, crossing my arms over my chest. She sighed.

"I threw Frank away with the intention of you recycling him," she stated. "What do you want from me?"

I would've slapped her. The halls were slowly emptying out.

"He's not a recyclable," I spoke through gritted teeth.

"He is in my book," she grinned, mocking me by crossing her arms. "Besides, you like him either way."

I sighed. "That doesn't give you a right to talk about him like he's a piece of trash."

"They think I'm a piece of trash but then again they don't know what your precious Frank is capable of. Porn movie perfection."

The halls were empty now. I brought my arms to my sides and clenched my fists, wondering why was it again that I wanted to talk to her. She smirked like the evil bitch she knows she is.

"What do you want from me, huh?" Remi said, her voice bored. I decided to start with one question.

"Why did you break his heart?" I said softly.

"So that you can heal it."

I gaped at her. What type of line is that?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. Guys. This is the last update for a while. I need to respond to the thousands of people I haven't responded to in days XD Give me some credit, though. It's been barely a week and I posted 26 chapters. We're almost halfway through, people! ^_^

Here's some, uh, spoilers. 27-28: You hate Remi and Rodney more, if that's even possible. 29: you wish you were Layla. 30-32: You might hate me. 33-34: Tragedy...because I write sins AND tragedies. 35-37: Ooh-la-la! XDDD

<3