When Did Your Heart Go Missing?

Patr 25

Mom never came home. She wasn't even home when I woke in the morning. I never bought the pizza because I wasn't hungry. I spent the night watching Scooby-Doo re-runs. I woke in the morning, got showered, put on a plain old white T-shirt and skinny ripped jeans, beat up black converse, and ate a banana. I stared at my feet. I felt ashamed. Disoriented. Embarrassed. Maybe even angry.

There was a knock at the door. I throw the banana peel in the trashcan in the kitchen and walk down to the front door. Opening it, I find two darling boys smiling at me like morons. The only difference is that one of them has kissed me more than once.

"Let's end this year right," says Frank, as if nothing had happened. Maybe we should treat it that way. Nothing has happened.

"A couple of freshmen TP-ing the teacher's lounge!" says Mikey, throwing his fists in the air. I laugh.

"As great as that idea sounds, Mikey, I meant us freshmen go to school together."

They both extended their bent arms out to me. I shook my head, made sure I had my cell phone in my pocket, and locked the door behind me. I clung my arms to either of theirs, creating a three-fresh-man chain.

Frank was on my left. I needed to talk to him. I knew I had to. Can't avoid it forever.

"Hey, Frank, about last night-"

"Don't worry about it," Frank interrupted me, looking down at the floor. "It never happened."

Yup. It never happened. Good. But why did I feel a hole in my stomach? I knew I wanted Frank as more than a friend. But losing him as a friend just isn't worth it...right?

"What happened last night?" asks Mikey, sounding suspicious.

"Nothing," Frank and I both said. We smiled at each other. Nothing happened. Nothing is wrong.

"Oh my Jesus fucking Christ, you had sex!"

I pulled my arm away from Mikey's and elbowed him in the stomach. Frank laughed hysterically, our chained-together arms now parted.

"No, idiot," I told him.

"Then what happened, hmm?" Mikey asked, smiling knowingly.

"I kissed her," Frank stated. There was fake sarcasm in his voice. The hole in my stomach grew. Mikey, that gullible bastard, crossed his arms and pouted.

"Fine. Don't tell me."

I smiled at Mikey. I put my arms around both him and Frank.

"I love you guys," I said.

They glanced at each other and in unison said, "We love you, too, Layla!"

"Our last official homeroom is finished!" Frank said in triumph, punching invisible air over his head. I laugh.

"Now we just have to survive four more hours of school," I told him.

"You're so optimistic, thanks."

His arms fell limply to his sides. I laughed and kissed him on the cheek.

"I'll see you later," I told him.

"You tease!" he said, putting his hand where my lips had been.

I tease, alright, Mr. Iero.

"Hey, babe."

I look up at the face that just said that and squeal. I almost jump on Gerard, giving him a huge hug, and when I'm done, I punch him in the arm.

"I haven't seen you since Saturday!" I yelled at him. He laughed.

"Sorry, but I've been busy," he says, smirking.

"Too busy for me?" I pout.

"Yes."

I smack him in the chest. He laughed again.

"You and Frank going out yet?" Gerard asks. I groan.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I say.

"Take that as a no? You should date my beautiful brother, then."

"Um...I'd rather date Kelsey."

"Ooh, sexy."

I laugh and shove him away. We wave at each other and when I turn away and am not facing him anymore, I groan in frustration. I do not want to like Frank. And I do not want Mikey to like me. When are they just gonna leave me be?

They're not...are they? No. They're not.

But now I have one more question in my head that is surely to drive me insane: Does Mikey like me?
♠ ♠ ♠
By the way, thank you so much for the feedback. But if you think this is the best story you ever read, I suggest you check out Quizilla cuz it's not XD

Hmm...Mikey and Layla?! I THOUGHT THIS WAS A FRANK STORY!!! lol

Next chapter: Get ready to want to dip Remi in acid...