When Did Your Heart Go Missing?

Part 36

Frank walked over to his bed and literally climbed over me. He lay next to me. My back was facing him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he said softly. I shook my head.

"I just wanna sleep," I whispered. Frank climbed over me again. I smiled helplessly. He turned to me, smiled, and turned off the light. I waited until I sensed him back in the bed to turn around. But as I did so, I felt I'd fall off of the meant-for-one-person bed. But Frank grabbed my waist and pulled me dangerously close to him. I hated myself because I couldn't contain what was going on inside of me. It was hard to resist the urge to cry, or to kiss him...

I cringed when I felt Frank's hand go under my shirt.

"This'll leave a nasty scar," I heard him say. I pushed my head against his chest and cried into his shirt. I feel like such a damn baby. He pulled his hand back away from the cut and ran his fingers through my hair.

"Sh..." he said softly. It actually calmed me down. I turned my body back around. There was no distance between my back and Frank's chest. He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist. I could feel him breathing on my neck.

"I love you, Layla," he said softly. "Never forget that."

I smiled helplessly.

"I love you, too," I whispered.

Having our bodies so close together... I just felt so warm... It almost made me feel peaceful, just to know that I...that I had Frank.

He softly kissed my neck and nuzzled it. My smile only widened.

I want him, I want him. I need him, I need him. He loves me, I love him...

"I'm sorry," Frank whispered.

"For what?"

(I didn't want him to stop kissing me.)

"For...doing this," he stated. He let out a small, random cough and sniffed. "You're vulnerable and I'm taking advantage of it."

I sighed. "I don't care."

But maybe I am a little vulnerable right now...?

No. He's wrong. Kiss him. Let him kiss you.

I turned around in his arms and kissed his chin. I could see, with the dim light coming from the street lamps through the window, that he was smiling. A small, simple smile. I wrapped my arms around his neck and let my head fall into his chest. He rested his chin on my head.

"You confuse me," he said. I laughed. "Really." He sounded serious and let out another cough. "I mean it."

"And how is that?" I asked, looking up at him. Our faces were only two inches away from each other.

"First...we make out and, uh... you get a little crush on me." He laughed. "Then, I kiss you, and you just walk away." He looks me dead in the eye. "Then, I kiss you again, admit I like you and you just...don't feel the same." He let out a heavy sigh and closes his eyes. "Now, you're okay with me taking advantage of you? Not that I really did it on purpose, I just-"

I interrupted him by pressing my lips against his. I don't know why I did it. I wanted him to stop talking. I wanted him to stop saying meaningless things.

I wanted him.

Frank's hands ran up and down my back, sending shivers down my spine. His lips were soft and warm, his tongue in my mouth was almost comforting. My hands went through his hair. I helplessly moaned as he deepened the kiss, pulling me dangerously close to him, closer than ever before. There was literally no space left between our bodies and I never felt more comfortable. Kissing him...

And, for once, fuck the irony, Frank was the one to pull away.

"Good night, Layla," he said softly, closing his eyes.

I didn't know what to do. What to think. What to say. How to react. So I just reacted like any other normal human being would.

"Good night, Frank."
♠ ♠ ♠
*dodges rotten fruit* Like I said... tomatoes are fruit XD ^_^ Hmm... wondering why Frank coughed...

<3

*runs away*