I'd Do it All Again For You

I'll Give You a Helping Hand

It's not a secret to anyone, on the day of warped tour, if you get there early enough ( when buses and trucks start arriving at the site) you can get hired for the day to do small jobs like catering, putting up stages, or even do some promo.

Each year since I was 16, I would just buy my ticket and go, like everyone does. I'm now 21, but t his year my long time partner in crime, Hanna, convinced me to try to get hired, so that this year instead of watching shows, we'd get a little more "insight" of what goes on where all the buses are parked, and before kids start arriving.

***

Weeks before warped tour;

"Come on Talia! It's been five years in a row that we just go, and... ugh it's always the same thing! We need to try something different!"

"I guess you're right, but what if they don't take us? We won't have tickets," I answered.

"We'll just get some off scalpers or something, it's a chance to take! If we make it it's gonna be amazing, I promise!"

"Ugh fine, fine." I really had no choice, everytime Hanna had an idea it worked. She's the one who pushed me into modeling, and look at this, I keep getting on more and more photoshoots, I might even be able to live off of it soon!

***

Finally came warped tour day, on a warm, warm July day. Just like warped tour should be. Hanna had slept over at my place because we had to be up at five in order to get there around seven or eight.

"What should I wear?" I asked Hanna.

"Something comfortable, imagine they want us to put up a stage!" She laughed. "But something cute too, so they actually take us. Oh, and a bit of make up too, hun."

"Alright boss! So t-shirt, shorts and converse it will be!"

We got dressed, both put make up on and were ready to go. We took the bus because none of us wanted to have to drive there, and loose two hours to find parking. Every year the warped tour was at the same place, this huge park that was somewhat on an island so it would be impossible for anyone to try and get in for free.

It was 7:45AM and we weren't the first ones there, some guy said he had been there since 6:30, the buses and trucks were all there but no one had come to the gate to ask for help yet. As we were talking with the other 10 or 15 people that were there, a big guy in a black t-shirt and carrying a radio on his shoulder walked up to us, followed by 3 other guys.

"Hi guys, my name is Chuck and I see you guys came here to help us, everyone here over 19?"

"No," two younger guys and a girl said, they must have been sixteen, max.

Alright well, we'll manage something, so I need, lets see, how many of you are here... 12 alright, 9 guys and 3 girls. You, you, you and you (all guys), follow this guy to stage 1, you, you and you (the young ones) follow this guy to stage 2, and you, you, you ( the last 3 guys) you follow this guy, wherever he may take you." He chuckled, after having assigned everyone but Hanna and I.

"Dammit Hanna! I knew-" I was wispering to Hanna.

"And you two ladies, follow me!" He said as he started walking off. We followed in silence. "So what are your names, girls?"

"This is Talia and I'm Hanna, care to tell us where were going and, most importantly to do what, Chuck?"

"Catering, girls, catering! We're starting breakfast soon, and then it's gonna be lunch time, and I tell you, these kids a hungry."

"That's alright," Hanna said. "We can manage, right Talia?"

"Oh, uh sure!" I said smilling at Chuck.

We got to these big white tents where there was litteraly a buffet being set up for the bands, only we had to serve them. We washed our hands and put on gloves and were sent off cutting fruits, toasting bread and flipping pancakes. I think that after an hour we had served food to at least one member of all our favorite bands that were playing today, it was awesome.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's all for now, it's really just a starter to set the "scene", interesting people will step in, in the next chapter, promise!