Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Life

The Yule Ball

As we sat in the Great Hall for breakfast I was reading the paper with Hermione as we both held one side of the paper up ourselves.

Though I heard something with annoyed me…

“Cho, Harry’s looking at you.” A girl spoke; I quickly looked around the paper and saw Harry was looking at Cho. My jaw stiffened as Harry made a fool out of himself and the girls giggled. I sighed as Hermione took the paper from me in a huff.

“Look at this!” Hermione slammed the paper on the table, “I can’t believe it! She’s done it again. ‘Miss. Granger, a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey, sources report is none other than the Bulgarian bonbon, Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter’s taking this latest emotional blow.” Hermione explained, I saw something with caught my interest.

“What has she put about me… here…” I pointed, Hermione looked at it for a second and tried to take the paper from my view, “What has she put?” I asked, Hermione looked at me with a worried face. “Read it…” I spoke sternly, Hermione pulled the paper back out and taken a deep breathe.

As for Miss. Skylar, a young girl with a very strong secret. Like her best friend, Miss. Granger, she has a taste for famous wizards’ as she never leaves Harry’s side. I have a feeling she’s after his blood and a little bit more then friendship.” Hermione read, I grabbed the newspaper page and ripped it to pieces, all three of them were shocked by that outburst.

“Sorry… I just really want to bang that woman’s head against a wall.” I snapped and banged my forehead on the table.

“Parcel for you, Mr. Weasley.” A boy walked up,
“Thank you, Nigel.” Ron spoke and taken it off him, though the boy stood there staring at Harry. “Not now, Nigel. Later. Go on.” Ron nudged the boy, he walked off as me and Hermione looked at with him with a confused face. “I told him I’d get him Harry’s autograph.” Ron spoke and opened the package.

“Oh, look, Mum’s sent me something.” Ron opened the package and pulled out an old traditional ghastly looking coat, he stood up with it. “Mum sent me a dress.” Ron spoke,
“Well, it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet? Ah, ha!” Harry picked one out of the box and held it up to Ron’s chest; I smirked with a small giggle.
“Nose down, Harry.” Ron spoke as Harry laughed.

“Ginny, these must be for you.” Ron walked down towards Ginny,
“I’m not wearing that, it’s ghastly.” Ginny spoke, Hermione and myself laughed,
“What are you on about?” Ron asked,
“They’re not for Ginny. They’re for you.” Hermione spoke, everybody burst out laughing at him,
“Dress robes.” I spoke, Ron looked between Hermione and me.
“Dress robes? For what?” Ron asked.

* * *


“The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and out guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity.” McGonagall explained as I sat next to Hermione in my usual posture, “As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost… a dance.” McGonagall explained, Hermione and me looked at each other and bit our bottom lips in excitement, though the boys didn’t sound too happy about it.

“Silence! The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons.” McGonagall explained, “Now, to dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight.” McGonagall looked at us all.

“Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasley.” McGonagall spoke,
“Yes?” Ron asked,
“Will you join me, please?” McGonagall asked Ron stood up slowly. A smirk played on my face as Harry pushed him forward.

“Now, place your right hand on my waist.” McGonagall spoke,
“Where?” Ron asked,
“My waist.” McGonagall repeated, one of the twins wolf whistled, Ron went to swear at them but McGonagall stopped him, “And extend your arm. Mr. Filch, if you please.” McGonagall spoke.

The music started to play and McGonagall was counting the steps with Ron.

“Everybody come together. Boys, on your feet!” McGonagall spoke, all the girls stood up as the boys stayed seated.

The only thing that upset me was, nobody came to dance with me. Harry wasn’t able to do anything so I went and sat with him. I sighed as I sat down,
“What did the twins say to you?” I asked as Harry smirked at Ron,
“Oh, they said they aren’t going to let Ron forget about dancing with the Professor,” Harry smirked I smiled and sat back. “I guess you haven’t got a partner because there aren’t enough boys,” Harry spoke,
“Well you’re a boy… but your arm is broken… and plus who would want to dance with a vampire with the fear of having their blood being sucked out of their body.” I folded my arms, Harry smiled as I bowed my head down a bit, “I probably won’t even be asked to the dance to be honest… all the guys from Drum know I’m a vamp now… And every guy in this school is afraid of me…” I sighed, Harry sighed too,
“I don’t know who to ask… well, I’ve got someone in mind now that we have to get partners for the dance but I don’t know how to ask her,” Harry spoke, I looked at him surprised with a smile and I felt a little anxious,
“Just ask her when you get a chance to talk to her,” I smiled, Harry looked at me,
“I will, just never asked a girl out before,” Harry spoke, I smiled and nodded,
“I’ve never been asked out by a boy before,” I replied.

Secretly… and I know this is bad… but I wanted Harry to ask me.