Status: exams so may be pauses between each chapter

Love Blinds

Fun and games

Harry’s POV

I found her out on the swing seat half way down the garden, sitting with Tess lying on her feet. I attempted to walk closer, but as I got within about 10 metres of them, Tess picked up her head and gave Nat a warning bark.
“Who’s there?” Her voice was laden with anxiety, I suppose being blind is scary, not knowing where anything is and worrying about knocking into things.
“Don’t worry, it’s just me.” I saw her tense up at the sound of my voice. I hate myself for being so careless as to leave a drink somewhere around strangers, even if it is in the palace. Tess must have sensed Nat tense up, as she got off Nat’s feet and sat up, a light growl coming from her.
“It’s alright Tess, it’s alright.” The dog calmed down and lay down again on Nat’s feet.
“Do you mind if I come and sit with you?” Nat nodded, so I took a seat next to her on the swing seat and gave Tess a pat. The dog seems to have forgiven me.
“Nat,” I took her hand, she flinched a little but then let me take it, “I just want to let you know how truly sorry I am. I also wanted to remind you that it wasn’t me doing that, it was the drug. The test results just came back and it was an extremely high dose I had been given, one that would have taken my senses away from me and my thoughts.” She nodded at this, smiling a little now. I started to stroke the back of her hand unconsciously. “Nat, I…I care for you, a lot. I would never hurt you like that, you just happened to be the person I ran into when I was under the influence.” She smiled at me, then frowned.
“Hold on, if it was Beatrice that drugged you, how did she know I would be the one to find you, not Kate of one of the guests?” I frowned too.
“I don’t know, perhaps that’s a question to ask her when we finally get some proof that she was the one who drugged me. Will was looking into it when I left the palace to come out here. Mr Grey was helping him.” I looked at Tess, and a plan began to form in my mind.
“Do you mind if I take Tess for a moment.”
“Um, okay. I suppose.”
I took Tess’s lead and led her over to a nearby picnic table and tied her to it.
“Stay!” Tess lay down on the grass, getting the message.
“Harry.” Worry was starting to edge onto Nat’s voice again.
“Don’t worry Nat, I’m here, I just want to try something with you.”
“Okay.”
“Now, take my hands.” I stood in front of her and placed my hands on her arms so she knew where they were. She took them and stood up and I led her onto the lawn that was in front of where the swing seat was placed.
“Right, this is the plan Nat. We have to train your ears, so, follow me as I make sound with my feet on the lawn. See if you can do it.” I let go of her hands and started to walk round in a circle, backwards so that I could see if she was going to fall over. We had done about 2 circles when I thought we’d change course.
“Right, I’m now going to move in different directions okay.”
“Alright.” She smiled so I guessed she was enjoying it.
“You’re doing really well Nat!”
I moved into the wooded area at the side of the lawn to see if she would be able to follow me. I stood under a large willow tree, with the leaves hanging round me, rustling the grass with my feet to guide her. She followed to sound, and made her way through the hanging leaves, but misjudged her footing and tripped over a tree root. I caught her just as she was falling over and we sat down on the grass together in a fit of hysterics. We were sitting with our backs to the tree trunk now as we laughed together. She was so beautiful, the sun caught her hair and the side of her face as she laughed. We both finished laughing and I brushed a few stray hairs out of her face as I looked at her. Even with the patches on her eyes, I could almost feel her looking at me with a questioning look. I put my hand on the side of her neck and gently placed my lips on hers. She was taken aback for a moment before kissing me back. I shuffled closer to her and deepened the kiss, asking for permission by sliding my tongue along her bottom lip. Her lips parted slightly giving her consent to me. We stayed there sitting under the tree for about 3 minutes before we heard Will calling us.
“Harry? Nat?”
We parted and I smiled at her, even if she couldn’t see me smile. I stood up and helped her up, she winced slightly, her stitches giving her pain. I hadn’t thought about that when she almost fell over, it must of hurt. She started to follow Will’s voice like we had been practicing, but I laid my hand on her arm. She turned to look in my direction.
“Um Nat, this may seem a little childish, but, will you be my girlfriend?”
“No.”
“What?”
“I’m kidding you moron!” She stuck her tongue out at me and I chuckled, after I gave a sigh of relief. I kissed her on the cheek and then lead her over to where Will was standing calling our names.
“Nat? Harry? Oh, hello you two.” Will’s voice was dripping with sarcasm as we came out of the tree. “Now, what were you two up too?”
I chuckled.
“Nothing. I was teaching Nat to follow a noise, use her ears to walk rather than her eyes.”
“And was it just that?”
“Maybe not.” I said that while taking Nat’s hand and winking at my brother.
“Oh. Harry’s got a girlfriend. Harry’s got a girlfriend.” Will chanted as I watched Nat’s cheeks grow rosy.
“Don’t worry. He’s right. You are my girlfriend and I’m proud to have you.” I whispered in her ear and she smiled at me. It was such a nice feeling when she smiled at me.
“Anyway you lovebirds, I came out to tell you that Mr Grey and I have found a clip on the CCTV which rather incriminates our favourite young lady.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, it's getting interesting :) A good chapter or too soon do you think? Drop me a line :) x