Status: exams so may be pauses between each chapter

Love Blinds

Police!

Nat’s POV

Oh my goodness! Did he just say that?! He just called me his girlfriend! I mean, I know I just said that I would be, but to hear him say it, it makes my heart flip! What did Will just say, my ears were in disbelief from the last statement made.
“Nat, are you ok?” Harry put a hand on my shoulder.
“Yes, Harry, I am. Um, what did Will just say?” Will laughed.
“So overwhelmed with love you can’t even hear what anyone’s saying! Harry I thought you were trying to improve her hearing!” I think I blushed at that point, he didn’t know it, but that was the actual problem, I was shell shocked from everything that had just happened.
“Anyway, what I said was, we’ve found the tape with Beatrice putting something in Harry’s drink!”
“Brilliant!” I came out of my internal bubble and was wrapped with even more excitement. Tess came and put her nose under my hand, Will must have untied her from the picnic table. As Tess lead me inside, I felt Harry place his hand in mine. I smiled.

Harry’s POV
Back in Mr Grey’s office, Will played the tape as I helped Nat find her way into the office. I explained to Nat what was going on as Mr Grey played the clip.
“Beatrice has come over to where we were sitting and…is putting a packet of something in my drink behind Will’s back.” I looked at Will and he grimaced.
“Sorry mate, and you Nat. I suppose if I hadn’t been engrossed in conversation with Kate, I would have noticed.”
“It’s alright Will, it means I get to spend some more time with you guys doesn’t it.”
“Yes, and my life would be a lot less interesting without you!” Will took Nat’s hand and kissed it, causing her to jump slightly. Joining in with Will’s outburst of old fashioned, gentlemanly ways, I started speaking in an old English accent.
“Steady on old chap, that’s my girl you’re kissing there!” Nat laughed and felt along the book case myself and her were leaning against in Mr Grey’s office to find my arm and give it a squeeze. As I turned my head to look at Nat, I saw Mr Grey raise an eyebrow at Will as he turned back to the CCTV screens. I took her hand off my arm and placed it in my hand as I turned back to address Will.
“So, what do we do with this now?” In answer to my question, Will picked up the receiver of the telephone on Mr Grey’s desk and dialled ‘999’, then asked for the police.
“What’s going on?” Nat nudged me as she asked this.
“Hold on, Will’s just dialling for the police.” Will told the officer on duty what the situation was, and he sent out an unmarked police car, after Will calming him down. After all, I suppose it isn’t every day the future King of Great Britain is on the other end of the line.

20 minutes later, a car showed up outside the gates and Mr Grey let them in, as the other staff didn’t need to be told yet, just in case of a leak of the information to the press. They had enough of a story to start with. Two very nervous looking officers got out, one white man and one white woman, both in civilian clothing. For once, I thought, the police are being inconspicuous. They showed us their badges once we were inside the great doors and Will showed them into one of the many living rooms, this one mainly used for occasions such as this. We had left Nat sitting in the room in preparation for this, and she rose from the armchair we had left her in, in greeting to the police. I saw the woman eye her suspiciously, and cautiously, so I went and placed my arm round Nat’s shoulders and directed her to the sofa opposite where the officers were seated. I saw a slight twitch in the man’s eyes as he saw the bandages on Nat’s eyes up close and the way she moved awkwardly, due to the stitches. He was used to seeing people in this way, and he didn’t like it.
“Thank you for coming so promptly officers.” Will began as he sat down to Nat’s left, I to her right. We couldn’t say anything to them outside, just in case the press were recording us and could get a lip reader to identify what we had said.
“I must, to start with, convey to you the importance of discretion in this case.” Both officers nodded. Will continued. “Furthermore, I need your agreement that only yourselves and other trusted members of the police service will know about this case.” They nodded again.
“Alright, here’s what‘s happened.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, tried to upload this chapter 6 times yesterday but mibba kept logging me out when I was about to upload the chapter. Anyway, up now. Thanks to all who read and comment. Shout out to my commenters:
ambersky
GU15_2009
Thanks :) x