Status: exams so may be pauses between each chapter

Love Blinds

Chapter 5

“Wow, um, Nat…you look…um…”
“Amazing! To right Wills but eyes on me yeah!” Kate reached the bottom of the stairs and covered Will’s eyes with her hand. Harry had had his eyes fixed on her since she had appeared at the top of the stairs. He now extended his hand to help her down the last few steps. David stepped forward now from where he had been standing behind Will.
“Well, I think that that is an improvement! Will let me borrow a tie that was more suitable for an evening dinner so…I guess we’re all set.”
“Well thank goodness for that! I though with all the racket going on down here, I’d come down and you’d still all be in your PJ’s.”
“Hello Granny, I didn’t see you there.” Will left Kate’s side and went over to hug Queen Elizabeth II where she had appeared from along the hall. Harry led Natalie over to her, and left her while he hugged the Queen. The Queen’s eyes fell on Natalie. Natalie curtseyed as low as she could in this dress.
“Good afternoon your majesty.”
“Oh, please. Enough of that dear. Let me guess, you’re Natalie Harris and David Wilkinson, yes.”
“Yes ma’am.” Natalie didn’t know where to look in order not to offend.
“Look! What did I say! Please, call me Lizzy, or Granny if it suits you. I hate the titles. In fact, Granny, that’s what you’ll call me. Both of you.” She looked over to David and he nodded at this.
“And, to answer your question Granny, we were playing pool because Nat and Dave got here early ‘cos…”
“Will, I know. Mr Grey came and filled me in on the situation. I reckon that David and, what did you say your nickname was dear, Nat? Okay, if David and Nat join you, Will, and Harry hosting then we can rub it in your mum’s face Nat. No offence Nat, but she is a little…”
“You don’t need to say it, um, Granny. I know, and I completely agree as well.”
“Okay, well, at least we see eye to eye. Anyway, Will, you’ll obviously be dancing with Kate, Harry, if you dance with Nat, and I’ll get Mrs Middleton to photograph your mum’s face Nat when she sees you with Harry. Oh, and if we have David with Pippa then it’s a double blow. And you guys would get on as well. Perfect.”
“What about dinner Granny? Where will Dad go?” Will had thought everything through already, he must have had this plan up his sleeve since he heard our story.
“Oh, leave us oldies to our own devices, you guys can all sit to the right of us and we’ll get the Middleton’s and the Dukes and so on, on our left.”
“Ok, sounds sorted to me. The guests are about to arrive, so why don’t you guys come and stand with us. It looks like you’ve been adopted into the royal family whether you want to be or not.” Natalie laughed at this from Will.
“Oh Will, Harry, Granny, I’m honoured. And I think David is as well, yes.”
“Yes, of course I am.” He seemed a little dazed. Natalie soon realised why, Pippa had arrived.
“Oy, you guys! You’d better get out there, I’m the first in but Mr Grey’s having to hold them up a bit until you get there.”
“Okay then lets go then.” Will grabbed all of them and arranged them into a line with their arms linked and led them skipping down the hall singing a very off tune rendition of ‘We’re off to see the Wizard’ from the Wizard of Oz..

They arrived at the front door, the massive wooden one and stood there as they had arranged: Kate on the right, then Will, then Nat, then Harry and then David on the Left. Granny, Philip and Charles were waiting to greet the visitors further into the building.
Nat felt honoured when Will and Harry introduced her and David as their good friends. They all had a really good time, especially David, who seemed to hit it off with Pippa, as Nat had with Harry. That late afternoon, Nat met Lords, Ladies, Dukes, Duchesses and celebrities as well, but finally the moment that they had all been both waiting for and dreading at the same time. The Jag pulled up in the car park and dispersed a very happy and smug looking Beatrice, followed by Arlene and Michael, looking almost as smug, if that was possible. However, as they walked over, they didn’t look at them until the last moment. When Beatrice saw her, she was shaking hands with the Beckhams and having a joke with them about Harry being her boyfriend. Harry had put his arm round her as a joke but David Beckham winked at Harry, so he pulled her closer as he shook David Beckhams hand. However, the Beckham boys dared Harry to kiss Nat.

SWITCH TO REAL TIME

I looked first at the three boys and then at Harry who was smiling manically. I really did like him, when he pulled that smile on her, it made her insides flip. However, for now, the three boys were chanting ‘Kiss, kiss, kiss’ and it looked like their dad was about to join in, so Harry lent down and kissed me on the cheek. It felt as if my cheek was going to burn up, and he was smiling at me. Now the kids were whining that that wasn’t a proper kiss.
“Well, sorry kids, you didn’t specify where. But, I’m sure my brother will oblige.” Sure enough Will and Kate kissed for the Beckhams and the rest of the crowd and Kate leaned on me for the cameras (I’m only 5 foot 3) and I turned to look at Harry and he winked at me.
“And that’s how it’s done.” I laughed as Harry winked and pulled a face at me. I had realised to begin with that this was not going to be a completely formal event. For example, with the Beckhams, the princes were acting like they were old friends, but with, for example, my family, they were extremely formal and cold. Just as Harry winked at me, a scream came up from along the queue of people.
“WHAT!!! What the hell do you think your doing you slut!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading you guys, should be more updates now that exams are over :) x