Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 4

I woke up to banging on the front door. What the fuck? Who could be knocking on the door at. . . I turned over to look at my clock on the night stand beside my bed. It's 8:24am. Oh hell naw. My door busted open and there stood Cory with no shirt on, and his gun in his hand. I smirked. This fool right here.

"Cory put that shit up. If someone wanted to hurt or kill us, what makes you think they would be knocking?" I asked him.
He gave me a funny look and then said, "I ain't putting nothing away. You never know."
"Yea whatever." I got up out the bed and started heading down stairs with Cory behind me. And his gun was in the air ready. I shook my head at him. I just don't believe that if anyone wanted to harm us, they would be knocking. That's stupid.

I asked who is it, and I got no reply. I looked at Cory and he shrugged. I opened the door, and Cory pointed the gun. We were face to face with Keke grinning at us. "What the fuck are you doing here this early?" I asked a little pissed now.
"No, the question is, what is up with you two pointing guns in my face? Cory get that out my face." She said and asked with attitude.

He slowly put the gun down while smirking at her. She rolled her eyes, and let herself in.
"Why aren't you guys dressed?" She asked looking at us up and down.
"Huh?" we asked together.
"Were going to church, duh." Me and Cory looked at each other and back to her. I have never been to church in my life. Yes, I believe in God. I have no excuse as to why I have not been going. I just don't.

"Keke. You know we can't" said Cory in a soft tone.
"Why? Okay, about the stuff you guys do. That doesn't matter. It does not mean you can't hear the word of God. Now go. Go get ready" she said pushing us.

Guilt quickly filled my mind. Im going to the house of the lord, but I've been sining half of my life. I walked into my room, and headed to my closet. Yes people, I have suits. I looked through them all, and found my best grey suit. I took out my black shoes. And my tie. Went to my bathroom and started the shower. 10 minutes later, I was done. I put on the extra stuff like deoderant, AXE, and everything else. Washed my face, brushed my teeth.

I walked back in the room and put on my suit. Man, I look sharp. Should I wear my studs? Nah. Probably not. I put on my shoes and my shades. Now, I'm ready to go. I walked down the stairs and seen Keke sitting on the couch. I didn't even notice she had on a black dress that stopped a little above her knees and her black 3 inch heels. She looks good. Not even gone lie. And her hair was in loose curls.

"Well, dont you look fantastic." She said standing and walking over to me.
"You look good too. Cory still getting ready?" I asked.
"Yep. You know he takes forever." I just shook my head. I heard footsteps, and turned around.
"I have arrived" he said doing a spin. Me and Keke couldn't help but laugh.

Cory was wearing an all white suit and with the black tie and black dress shoes. And of course, he had his studs in. He did look appropriate, which surprised me. He walked over to us. "Alright. I'm ready" he said looking at his watch. What has gotten into him?
"Well let's go then" said Keke happily.

We walked out of the house and Cory locked it up. We went to the car. Keke doesn't have a car though. Hmm.
"Hey, who's car is you rolling in?" I asked when we got in.
"Oh, last night my mom and dad surprised me with a car. I have been begging them for months now. And I finally got one."
"That's what's up." Cory said. I just nodded. I'm happy Keke has a family that loves her dearly.

She started the car and 20 minutes later we were pulling into the church parking lot. The church was huge. And the parking lot was filled with tone's of car's and people. She parked as close as she can get to the building and we got out. I felt myself sweating. Nobody here knows what me and Cory does, hopefully. I see a lot of happy familys and couples too. Keke was in the middle of me and Cory smiling from ear to ear. I smiled too knowing that we are making her happy by coming along.

When we got in the church, the choir and everyone was already singing while everyone was taking their seats. I listen to gospel. It seems to calm me and put me in a good mood. I spotted about 5 people from our school already. Once the whole church was packed, the service started. The preacher started talking then.

"How many people in here is going through something at this moment right now?" The Preacher asked. About the whole church raised their hand. Me and Cory didn't. We just sat there. Keke raised her hand. What could she be going through that we don't know about.?

"Well, nobody said that living would be easy. Everyone goes through something. Whether it's bad or good. God went through a lot of stuff. He went through being judged, and misunderstood. But did he give up?" A ton of people in the crowd said no.
"No he didnt-" I told Keke that I would be back. I had to go to the restroom.
"Ok. Hurry back." I stood and walked down the isle. Now where is the restroom at? Dang, this church is big.

I was looking around trying to find a restroom when I bumped into someone.
"I am so sorry. Let me help you up." I offered her my hand while she was still on the ground. She shook her head and got up.
"No. It is okay. It was an accident." Her voice was very soft. She looked up and I instantly looked into her eyes. They were light brown. She had a vanilla skin tone and long pretty straight hair. Her lips, I wouldn't say were big. Their just right.

"Um. Im sorry again." I said unsure of what to say. She chuckled and held her hand out.
"I'm Kelly. And you are?" she asked smiling at me.
I took her hand and shook it lightly. It was soft and warm.
"Nice name. I'm Dante."
"I have never seen you here before."
"Oh. Yea, this is my first time here."
"Oh. Well, it is a really nice church. You should become a member." I completely forgot all about why I'm even in the hallway. Oh, yea. I had to use the restroom.
"Oh. Well, if all the people are as friendly and cute as you are, then I might consider." I said working my charm. She blushed and looked down.

"So what are you doing out here? You looked lost." She said changing the subject. "I was looking for the restroom but never-mind now. I'm good."
"Oh okay. Well, I'll walk you back if that's okay. Wouldn't want you getting even more lost now." I smiled.
"Iight. I mean okay." She laughed and led the way back. I couldn't stop looking at her. Since I stand at a height of 6'2" then she's around 5'8" but that's with the heels. So I'm guessing she's like 5'6". She wasn't really thick. More on the thin side. She looks my age too.

"Okay. Here we are. Do you need help finding your seat?"
"No, I'm fine. I remember where it is, but maybe we can hang out, outside of church." I said throwing her my smile. She blushed again.
"I would like that."
"So can I get your number?" I asked in a low voice. "Sure" she said with a big smile. She pulled out her phone and so did I. We swapped phones and entered each others numbers. I handed her blackberry back, and she handed me my Galaxy. "See you later" she said and walked in. I took a minute before I walked in too.

I went back to my seat and got stares from Cory and Keke.
"Why was you gone so long? The restroom is right down the hall" Keke said and Cory agreeing with her. "Cory just came back from the restroom."
"OH he did? I had got lost."
"Uhmm" they both said turning back to listen to the choir. A smile appeared on my face and suddenly I found myself looking around for Kelly. I knew I wasn't going to spot her with all these people in the way.

2 hours later church was over. Everybody exited the building and headed back to their car. I spotted Kelly and she spotted me. She waved and I waved back like a little girl. This chick already got me looking fruity. I usually give head nods. She got in the car with 4 other people. I'm guessing her family.

"Who was that?" Cory asked me when I got in.
"Oh. That girl? That is nobody."
"Nobody my ass" he said smirking.
"You about to tap that." He said laughing out loud.
"uh uh. Don't be talking like that while I'm around. Perverts." Keke said in disgust. We laughed at her and headed home.

In 2 more hours, Cory and myself will have to be back on the street. I shook my head at the thought. If kelly found out what I do, she would never want me then. But PoppaP, the guy in charge, said that it's do or die. I cant just stop. Just cant. Unless I change my identity and run away. I know I cant pull that off, so no point in thinking it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~2 HOURS LATER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ready for this mission?" Cory asked pumped. Boss wanted us to break into this trap house and steal all of they supply. He said that they keep it in the basement of the house. Me and Cory both were sitting in the car we sort of stole. Don't worry, It will get returned.

"I'm always ready bro." We put on our ski masks and put our guns in our back pockets. We got out the car and ran to the side of the house were the basement window is. I pulled the window handle up and it was open. These dudes are stupid. Didn't even lock the shit. Cory jumped down first, then I did as well.

Dam.. They had so much shit in here. We opened the duffle bags and began filling them. Our guns had silencers on them so if anyone came down, we could take them out without anyone knowing. I felt bad because just a couple of hours ago, we were in church. Now look at what were doing? Break in. Stealing. Killing if we have too.

My bags were full, but Cory had one more bag to go. "Hurry up nigga." I said in a whisper. I heard the basement door open and I took my gun out. I ushered Cory too keep filling the bag while I take care of this. I crept over by the stairs and stayed there. When the dude stepped off the last step and seen Cory, I shot him right in the head and his body fell to the ground like cement. I wasn't phased by any of this. I walked to the body to make sure he was dead. Indeed he was. Cory walked over with the bags and I nodded. We were out of their in a flash. I got in the car and started it up.

I drove to PoppaP crib and got out. We knocked and one of the guards asked who is it.
"Cory and Dante" Cory said. I heard all the lock's and then the door opened.
"Come in fellas." We did as told and walked through the house and up the stairs. We was escorted to the far back room. The door opened and PoppaP was revealed. He is one ugly dude too.

We walked in and sat the duffle bags in front of him.
"Well done. Wasn't any trouble was it?" his strong voice boomed.
"No sir." we said at the same time. He handed us each a stack of money and dismissed us. When we got back in the car we didn't even worry about counting it. I knew it was over a thousand.

I pulled off, and went back to the house to return the car. Me and Cory got out and started walking home. We still had a little time left in the day.
"So what we doing today?" asked Cory.
"I don't know. Chill I guess." But then an idea came to me. Kelly. Maybe she can hang.
"Nah. I think I got plans." I changed it.
"What plans?" he said looking at me all upside my head.
"Nigga, don't look at me like that." He laughed.
"No for real. What plans?" I cleared my throat.
"You remember the girl from church?"
"Bro. You trying to get some?"
"Shut up. Shes not like that... I'm going to ask her if she want to go to dinner or something like that."

Cory shook his head while saying, "You don't even know this chick."
"So? I'm about to change that. And don't you think you need to spend some time with carry?" I said.
"Yea. That's what I plan to do. I just wanted to see what you was gone do for the rest of the day. But say, I'm going to get at you later. I'm going to head to her house."
"Alright." We did our own handshake that don't nobody know. And then he ran off in the other direction. Time to call Kelly.