Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 3

Dante !!

"Yo whats up man? Haven't seen you in a minute." Jamal said, approaching me.
We did a handshake that is known between us hustlas. Yea, I officially sell now. It gets the bills paid, so whatever. Oh yea, we got a small crib. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 full baths, and everything else that comes with. We saved up quite a bit of money. Right now, I'm rocking this Roca Wear outfit (blue and black shirt, with black jeans. And my black forces.) I had my ear studs in and I was looking to sharp with the fresh cut.

"Nothing going on with me. You already know what it is. Whats up with you though man?" I asked.
"Oh, everything good. I got another baby on the way" he said shaking his head. Damn, this like the 3rd or 4th child.
"AGAIN?" I said shaking my head too. "Yep. Just found out today."
"Well, good luck with that." I said looking down the street. Where the hell is Cory at? He was suppose to meet me 30 minutes ago.
"Thanks man. I gotta go. i'll talk to you later."
"Alright bro" I said nodding.

School just started a month ago for Cory and myself. It is our senior year. I heard this is suppose to be the greatest part about being in high school. So far, it's going alright. My GPA is 3.9. Yea, ya boy smart. Don't need no mother or father. I can handle my own. My thoughts were interrupted when a panicked Cory ran up to me.

"What the fuck wrong with you?" I asked.
"G-Girls... chasing me. They got baseball bats." He was breathing heavy. I started laughing extremely hard. Wow. He was scared because some chicks were after him.
"Bro, stop laughing and hide me. There is a queen bee over the whole thing. I don't even know what I did" he said, giving me a evil glare for laughing at the whole situation.
"You got to admit. That's some funny shit. And I'm not hiding you" I said looking around for the mob of females. Couple of seconds later I seen them coming.

It was around 5 of them, and for sure they all had bats in their hands. I stopped myself from laughing at this. Cory slid behind me and I couldn't hold it in no more. I started laughing my ass off. They came straight at me. The girl in the front looking like she ready to kill.

"Move out my way!!" She said in a stern voice. The others just seemed to keep quiet and continue with the pissed look. Whats up with these chicks?
"Hold on ladies. Whats the problem here?"
"That piece of shit behind you broke my best friends heart."
"No the fuck I didn't. She the one who said she wasn't feeling me anymore" he said stepping away from behind me now.

"Nigga, that was a test to see if you would actually give her up or not. And being the jerk that you are, you failed it. Now she knows how you really feel about her" the girl said getting a little closer.

Oh hell nah. I'm not in this. Cory brought this upon himself, but I can't leave him hanging I guess.
"Ladies why don't you all head home and I'll take care of Cory here. Don't worry, he'll pay for what he did." They just stared at me and their angry face expressions became calm. Dont I know how to sweet talk the females.
"Fine. If he does not fix this in the next 12 hours, I will." I'm guessing the leader of the girl mob spoke turning her back to us, and leading the girls away. Whew.

I turned to Cory, and he had a sad face expression now. "Man, I didn't know it was a test" he said holding his head down.
"I fucked up this time. I don't even know what to do."
"I suggest you take your ass over there and apologize or something. Carry really loves you dude."
"Yea I know. Iight. I"ll see you later at the house." And with that he ran in the direction the ladies did. My poor friend. He know's absolutely nothing about women. I shook my head and started heading home.

It's already 8 o'clock pm and I needed some rest. Today was a long Saturday. Running around town doing things for the boss and making this money. It gets hard sometimes. Especially when you don't have a car. 20 minutes later, I arrived at the house. I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door. Walking through the door to find the light on was read odd. What the hell? I know I cut all the lights off.

I pulled my pistol out of my back pocket and held tight. I always keep a strap on me. Never know who may be after you when your in the game.

I slowly walked in the kitchen, and the persons' back was facing me. From the back, I seen that it was a female figure. I already guessed who it was because, well, I've known her for about 4 years now. And she has a key to the house. Hmm, it wouldn't hurt to scare her a little I don't think. I stepped closer. I held my gun out but made sure it was not going to be directly in her face when she turned around. She was humming some tune that I was unfamiliar with.

I smiled wickedly to myself and said, "Boo" in a spooky tone. She jumped and spun around and I seen orange soda cover the front of her shirt. Oh shit. I wasn't expecting her to spill soda on herself. Either way it goes, it was funny.
I dropped the gun to my side while still holding it, and busted into fits of laughter.

"Damn-it Dante. What the fuck?? Why did you do that?" She said charging at me and hitting me any place she could think of.

"You should have seen your face, keke." I kept laughing and she was pouting now. Such a big baby.

Keke is like a little sister to Cory and I. She is a year younger than us. We met her at the park one night. We were plan on sleeping there. Long story short, she took us in that night and helped us out. She's a great friend. We would never be more than that tho. We have already tried, and it did not work out. But we still cool. Better than ever.

"Come on, don't pout. You look like a dog" I said smirking at her. She hit me again and grabbed her purse to leave.
"Where you going?" I asked her.
"I've been here for about an hour. I was just waiting for one of you jerks to come home. Oh, and I raided you fridge, so you might want go grocery shopping. See ya." I couldn't even get a word in. In seconds, she was gone. I shook my head and went to the fridge. She ain't never lied. She cleaned us out.

I shook my head and, went upstairs. I went to my room, dug in my draw, and pulled out my money stash. I took out 300 dollars and put the rest back. I saves up just in case of emergency. Anything could go wrong. I ran back down the stairs and out the door. Their is no way I'm walking to the store and back with some grocery in my hand. Looks like I'll have to take someones car. Not like I haven't before.
I walked a few streets down from mines and found a good car to borrow. I just needed to borrow it for a while, then i'll return it. I always do.

I went to the grocery store and I picked up a few basic things. Chicken legs. Chicken wings. Rice. Steak. And some junk food too. Oh, don't think me and Cory actually cook this food. That's why we have keke. She can cook her ass off. After I paid for everything, I went back home. Dropped the stuff off and then returned the car to it's owner. See, I'm a good person.

Once in the house again, I grabbed my bag of chips and soda, and went upstairs. Plopped down on my bed and started watching television. I received a text soon after.

*Brother (Cory): Yo bro. We cool again :-)

This nigga gay. He be putting smiley faces and shit in his messages. Gay ass.

*Me: Nigga. You gay. lol
*Brother (Cory): Well then. Fuck you too...
* Me: Where you at?

I asked him ignoring his statement.

*Brother (Cory): I'm down the street. Make sure the door unlocked. I forgot my key.

He is the most irresponsible person ever.

*Me: Yea. It is.
*Brother (Cory): Iight foo

He got issues. After a minute or two, I heard the door open and shut. After that I heard the door down the hall shut. Well, he should be happy. He got his girl back. Carry was really a sweet girl. I remember when her and Cory first met at the mall. He had bumped into her, and he didn't say excuse me, and she confronted him about it. They was going into a full blown argument, and being me, I stepped in. After that, I really do not know what happened. They somehow started talking and yea. There you go. They together.

Unlike me, I have no lover or girl I'm interested in. Yea, every girl at school tries to get at me even though they know what I do. I'm still a sweet guy. I have to admit, I'm not a virgin anymore. I lost it when I was 12. Really don't feel like explaining all that right now. I just know that it was a big mistake. I'm not even sure if I'm going to find the right girl. Oh well. It is, what it is.

I got out of bed. Went in the restroom. Started the shower and stepped into the warm water. I was in there for a good 15 minutes. When I got out. I wrapped a towel around my waist and went back into my room. Got my boxers and basketball shorts out. Changed into them and got back into the bed.

Not even 10 minutes later, I was knocked out. See what tomorrow brings.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like the chapters so far. And characters have been posted :)