Status: updating soon

It's a Cold World

CHAPTER 6

NEXT DAY

School was alright today. It was just like any other day. Me and kelly texted the whole time. She told me how boring her little preppy school was and I told her how boring mines was too. I did get a call from poppaP at lunch, saying he needed me and cory to do something for him around 6 this evening. Cory got the same message.

It's 4:43 pm and Cory, Keke, and I are now at the park, the very same park me and Cory first met. Sitting on the exact same bench. We were just sitting and talking when I seen a car slowly driving by. The driver's window went down and I couldn't believe my eyes. It was peewee. And he was smirking at me. Everything was going in slow motion. I seen a pistol being pointed out the window and then the shooting began. Since I was sitting in the middle of Cory and Keke, I pushed them on the ground along with myself. We all were against each other ducking. And then we heard the car speed off. I slowly looked up, I looked next to me and all three of us were okay.

But then I heard screaming. We all turned around and seen a little girl laying on the ground with blood coming from her stomach. Damn. Man, fuck. The little girl didn't look no older then 10. I looked around the park and seen at least 30 people standing, shaking their heads. I couldn't help but do the same. I feel like this is all my fault. Cory looked at me and said, "Who was that?" I didn't reply so quickly. I said slowly, "Peewee." His eyes widened and we both looked down. Keke hugged us both and we just stayed like that. Next thing we heard was an ambulance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~6:00pm. PoppaP's crib~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Take a seat boys." We did as told. "I need you two to take care of some business for me." Me and Cory just listened closely.
"There's 2 guys that owe me money. They claim they don't have it yet, and the due date was today. I need you guys to take them out for me" he said puffing on his extra large cigar. His body guards were surrounding the whole room. "And I need it done by 9:00 tonight. I heard that they are plan on leaving the country." he said after the 3rd puff. Me and Cory nodded. PoppaP nodded also and dismissed us, while slipping us a sheet of paper with an address on it.

Me and Cory was out of there in no time. "Man. I hate when he puts us up to do this." Cory said signing. I agreed with him. We approached a car and high-jacked it. Cory took the driver's seat and me the passangers. We went by the house, got everything we needed and was headed to do the mission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were sitting outside the house. Just sitting there looking out the window. "Ready?" Cory asked under his breath. I shrugged and said, "What the hell. Let's just get it over with." Neither one of us wanted to do this. What other choice do we have? We got out the car, and slowly went to the side of the house. We broke into the house and crept around. Both of us were wearing the ski masks, and gun in our hands. We heard two voices in the living room. Good their alone.

"Man, I say we catch the next plane out of here. Like right now." I heard one of them say. Me and Cory walked in with our gun's up. Both guys stood, froze with their hands up.

"I don't think so fellas" Cory said in a threatening voice.
"Please don't hurt us. We were going to give him the money when we got it" one of them begged with tears rolling down their face.
"Shut the fuck up." I said moving closer.
"Please. I have a child on the way." The other guy said. I slightly looked at Cory and I seen him flinch a little at the mention of a child. But he soon returned to his tough man phase.

"We don't give a fuck. Look we just here to do what we were told... so sorry, but it is what it is." Cory said. I nodded and in a blink of an eye, Cory made the first shot at the one with the baby on the way. And I shot the other one that claimed that they were going to pay the money. We both then heard a baby, and looked at each other. We went to the back room and there was a baby in a walker. She was smiling and playing with the toys.

A tear fell from my eyes but Cory didn't see. I quickly fixed myself. "Yo man. We better go" I said and walked out the room. I looked behind me and seen that Cory wasn't there. I walked back in the room and he was on the ground playing with the baby.
"Cory, if you don't get yo monkey ass off the floor and come on." I said in a rude voice. He looked at me and got up.
"But what about the baby?" he asked looking back at the child. "We cant take her. Look we did what we were suppose to do, so let's go before someone comes." I said and this time we left together.

When we left the house we headed back to PoppaPs place. Neither one of us spoke. When we got there, we told him that it was done, and he paid us 5 thousand each. We left but not with a smile on our faces. We returned to the car and went back home. He disappeared and went to Carry's place, while I called up Kelly.

I hated talking to her, making it seem like I'm some sort of good person. She probably thinks that I'm perfect and shit. I just got through killing someone. Nothing to be proud of. There is a carnival going on tomorrow and I asked her if she wanted to go. She happily accepted and that brought the biggest smile on my face. I just hope nothing stands in my way tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~NEXT DAY, TUESDAY~~~~~~~~~~~

I asked Keke if I could borrow her ride again so that me and Kelly could go to the carnival. She didn't have a problem with it. I don't think I need to change. It ain't nothing but a carnival. I'm wearing all black of course. With my studs in and the chains. Let's not forget the hat and shades. It is kinda sunny out here. I got in Keke's car and drove across town to go get Kelly.

When I arrived, I honked the horn and seconds later, she came running out. She was wearing dark blue jeans, with a off the shoulder black shirt, and black flats. Her hair was in a ponytail too but, she still looked beautiful to me.
"So you trying be like me now?" I said signaling her outfit. She looked down at herself and then looked at me like I was crazy.
"Boy, nobody trying be like you. You trying be like me. Stealing my swagg." I faked like she just hurt my feeling, then we both laughed.

The carnival was about 45 minutes away so we just chilled the whole way there. When we got there, I noticed that it was packed. I grabbed Kellys hand and she looked up at me blushing. I smiled to myself.
"Are you hungry?" I asked her because we had just passed by a food stand. And I got money to blow right about now. I just want to kick it and have some fun today. I need a break once in a while.
"Yea. Pizza sounds good right about now." she said and then we headed to the food section.

We ordered a large sausage pizza. 5 minutes later we got our food and went to sit at an empty table. I saw Kelly reaching for the cheese but I grabbed it first.
"HA. My cheese." I said sticking my tongue out at her. She laughed and said, "That's not fair. Big baby."
I shrugged, "So? I don't play about my cheese" and started applying the cheese on my slices of pizza. Kelly just sat there staring at me. I must have been pouring that cheese for God knows how long. My pizza is now covered in nothing but cheese. Just like I like it.

I handed the cheese shaker to Kelly and she grabbed it then looked at me funny.
"Dang. Dante, there ain't nothing in here." We both started laughing and goofing around when something caught my eye. What the fuck? What are they doing here? At a carnival? They didn't notice me but they started walking our way. I lowered my hat and pretended to be looking in my lap. Kelly noticed this and began looking around. I slightly looked up and seen that peewee and them was just passing by. When I was for sure that they were gone I looked at Kelly.

"What?" I asked. "What just happened?" she asked looking a little worried. "Nothing. I just had some cheese in my lap." I said and began eating again. I knew she didn't believe me but she let it go anyway. After that we ate in silence.

When we were done we decided to go play some games. All I wanted to do was win Kelly some type of stuffed animal. I know females like that kind of stuff. We played 6 games and I won all 3 of mine. I let Kelly play 3 also. She won 2 and lost one. She's now carrying 3 big stuffed animals. I would laugh at her because it look like she was struggling. And she would hit me. But it was fun.

We seen a long line and wondered what it led too. We looked up and of course, it led to the faris-wheel. Me and Kelly looked at each other and then shook our head. Nah. That line is too long. We rod everything but that. It was cool. I looked at Kelly, and she had the biggest smile on her face. That made me feel accomplished. We went back to the parking-lot but not to leave. I just wanted to see the light's and stuff, and just relax.

I opened the door for Kelly and she got in, then I went to drivers side and got in. It was a peaceful silence now. I stared out the window and thought about my whole life so far. Everything I have been through, and is currently going through. My thought's were interrupted, when I felt a hand on top of mines. I looked over at Kelly and I seen something different in her eyes, but her face held that same smile I now love.

She begin to lean in and I followed the lead. Our lips touched and it was great. She made all my worries disappear. I don't even remember what I was thinking about. This kiss was different from any other kiss I had experienced with other girls. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I pulled her closer. I deepened the kiss, and I felt her smile grow wider and so did mines. We pulled apart, but rested our foreheads against each other.
"That was the best kiss I ever experienced" she mumbled.
"Yea me too." I pecked her lips a few more times before fully pulling away.

I pulled out my cell and seen that I had a message from Cory. I opened it and it said, 'Emergency with the crew. Hurry and get here!' Emergency. I looked at the time the message was sent and seen that he sent it an hour ago. Oh fuck. And it's an emergency? I'm about to get the lecture of a lifetime. My mind snapped back to reality when Kelly said, "Crew? what crew?" Oh no. I remembered that she doesn't like violence.

"Um. Crew? What crew?" I said innocently. Pretending like I don't know what she's talking about. I exited the message.
"The message said crew."
"Your seeing stuff..." I said not looking at her.
"I know what I saw."
"Oh. Wow. Oh. look at what time it is. We better start heading home. You know we have school and stuff." I said in a rushed tone, while buckling up my seat-belt.
"It's only 8:00" she said a little above a whisper. I didn't say anything more. She reached for the seat-belt and buckled it.

I zoomed out the parking lot and back to her crib. The whole way there was quiet. Neither of us saying anything. When I pulled up into her driveway, I didn't say anything, and she didn't either. She reached for the door handle and I grabbed her hand. I cant let the night end like this. I pulled her in and planted a soft gentle kiss on her lips. We pulled apart after a while and she got out. I waited until she was all the way in, and then I left. I took out my phone and called Cory.

*Brother (Cory): Where the fuck are you? I texted you an hour ago.
He said furious.
*Me: I'm sorry. I was with kell-
He cut me off by saying,
*Brother (Cory): Man, fuck that bitch. There's more important stuff going on. She could have waited.
*Me: She's not a bitch. And don't ever call her out of her name again.
I said pissed.
*Brother (Cory): Man, whatever. Meet me us at the hospital.

And with that he hung up. That pissed me off. He wouldn't want me calling Carry out of her name. He would be ready to fight. Wait. HOSPITAL?? Why are they at the hospital? Oh man. Fuck. This cant be good. I just know it. I pulled out my cell and texted Keke, telling her that I'm going to need her car just a little bit longer. She texted back fast, saying whatever.

10 minutes later, I was pulling into the hospital parking lot. I jumped out and ran through the emergency. I stopped dead in my tracks when I seen the whole crew there. They all had their heads in their hands. And Cory was standing on the wall looking angry. They seen me come in and they didn't even say anything to me. "W-What happened?" I asked. Nobody said anything. Cory walked over to me and took me to the corner.

"Some shit just went down. Peewee and his crew got to Tony. They jumped him pretty bad at first but then I guess one of them had a knife. He has 4 stab wounds. And he got shot twice. In the leg and in the chest. He lost a lot of blood. The doctors don't know if he's going to make it" he said slowly and a tear fell from his eyes. I can't even speak. I looked at the guys and they all were staring at me now.

I walked a little closer. "G-Guys. I-I" I was cut off by Mike. "Just stop right there. I heard you went to the carnival today." He said not happy.
"Um yea. I did." I said. He nodded slowly.
"Do you want to know where all of this shit took place?" He asked me. Not really.
"Um. Sure." I said unsure.
"Down the street from the carnival in a back ally. That's where." My eyes widened. That's why peewee and his crew was there.
"I-I" I started to say something but he didn't let me finish.
"Shut the fuck up, because the more you try to speak the more you piss me off." I didn't say nothing else.

"While you was with yo little girlfriend, Tony was getting jumped. And do you want to know what else is fucked up?" I shook my head no. I don't want to know anymore.
"Well, that's too fucking bad because I'm about to tell yo ass anyway. . .He tried to call you. Have you even checked yo missed calls?" he said becoming filled with more anger. I pulled out my cell and looked through my missed calls. 4 missed calls from Tony. But... But my phone didn't go off.
"Yea, he heard that you was going to the carnival too." I cant even think straight. I looked at everyone and their expressions showed fury.

I cant take this anymore. I have to go. I walked out and left the hospital. I sped down the streets as fast as possible.

I'm the one to blame for all of this. I mean, even if I was with him, and we both got jumped, stab, or much worse, I wouldn't care. Tony wouldn't have had to go through this alone. I would be right with him. We both would be laying in hospital beds, and worried about each other. If Tony dies, I'm the one to blame. Things with Kelly is like a dream, but then reality slaps me in the back, to remind me that my life will never change. I will never truly be happy.