Status: Finished! Check out the sequel!!

The Darkness Within

Twenty Two: Young Tom Riddle and Luck

We arrived in a small room with a boy about eleven staring out the barred window. We then saw a younger Dumbledore enter the room. The little boy demanded,” Who are you?”
Dumbledore cleared his throat and held out his hand, “How do you do tom? I am Professor Dumbledore.” Tom hesitated but then shook his hand. Tom quickly jerked his hand away and asked,” Did she want you to look at me!? What are you doing here?”
Dumbledore shook his head. Tom yelled,” I don’t believe you! Tell the truth!”
Dumbledore stated,” I am Professor Dumbledore. I teach at Hogwarts School of witchcraft and wizardry.”
Tom eyed Dumbledore and asked,” School of what? Is that what I am?”
Dumbledore nodded. Tom seemed to be getting excited,” I knew it! I knew I was different from the other kids! Are you a wizard, if you are prove it!”
Tom’s words seemed so demanding that you would think Dumbledore would not have accepted such talk, but he did. Dumbledore than looked at the wardrobe and the wardrobe set on fire! Tom jumped out of his seat. I wasn’t quite sure if he jumped up in fear or in excitement.
Just then the wardrobe started to rattle. Dumbledore looked at Tom sternly,” Something wants out of there tom. Thieving at Hogwarts is what so ever not tolerated. At Hogwarts, we teach you how to control magic and you may not use magic outside of school. Do you hear me?”
Tom looked at his hands then to Dumbledore,” yes sir.
Dumbledore was walking to the door when tom stated,” I can speak to snakes to. They whisper to me. Is that normal for a wizard?”
Dumbledore stopped dead in his tracks and slowly turned around,” It’s unusual, but not unheard of.”
With that, we were out of the memory and back into Dumbledore’s office. Dumbledore finished our meeting with,” This is an important thing to remember, Riddle liked to collect trophies from whoever he bullied or tortured. This tendency will be very important later. Now off to bed.”

The next day was the Quidditch game between Gryffindor and Slytherin. I saw Harry and Ron sitting without Hermione. I decided to go up to them and wish them good luck. As I reached the table so did Hermione. Harry said,” Here Ron, drink up.”
Hermione chirped,” Ron don’t drink that!”
Harry, Ron, And I looked at Hermione with confused looks. Hermione continued coldly,” you put something in his drink!” I laughed and thought what the hell, and sat down next to Ginny.
Harry shrugged and tucked something back into his pocket and replied, “I have no idea what you’re talking about…” Ron rolled his eyes at Hermione and chugged the drink.
Hermione grinded her teeth and whispered to harry,” You should be expelled for that, Harry!”
Harry looked stunned,” Look who is talking! Confunded anyone lately?” Hermione groaned angrily and stomped off.
Ginny stated to some of her team members,” Weather looks good today and but I can’t say the same for Slytherin!” She then remembered I was sitting by her and whispered,” No offense or anything.” I laughed and said,” No offense taken.”
Harry asked,” What do you mean about Slytherin?”
Ginny answered,” their chaser Vaisley, took a bludger in the head at yesterday’s practice and is too sore to play and Malfoy’s gone off sick to!”
Harry demanded,” What!? He’s ill? What’s wrong with him?”
Ginny shrugged happily,” I don’t know, but it’s great for us!”
Harry looked at me weirdly and repeated,” He’s Ill?”
I stuttered,” I-I-I, He wasn’t sick last time I checked.” I knew Harry was thinking up a storm at the moment. He blamed Malfoy for cursing Katie and many other things. Which I even think Draco had something to do with Katie getting cursed. Ron said,” I think we are lucky! Vaisley is one of their best goal scorers and… HEY!”
Harry turned around,” huh?”
Ron stumbled,” My drink… my pumpkin juice… You didn’t…?”
Harry never answered. I said,” Well Good luck! I’ll see you two after the game?”
Ron nodded. Ginny and I laughed as we saw Ron trying to put a fierce face on.
Gryffindor had won the Quidditch game and they were having a party in the common room. Ginny got sick of Ron so she left the party to come and hang out with me. Ginny filled me in with what had happened. Ginny said,” So Harry never spiked Ron’s drink. Hermione and Ron just thought so. That Lavender brown girl and Ron snogged in front of everyone! Hermione was not too happy about that. She even sent birds to attack Ron!”
She and I laughed. The she asked,” You are going to Slughorn’s Christmas party right?”
I nodded,” Yeah I am! Well I better go. I shall see you at the party in a week!”

Harry, Ginny, Ron, and I were sitting in the study hall when we saw Lavender and Parvati walking towards us. I groaned. In the last week I had really gotten sick of Lavender. There was just something in her voice that bugged me. I slammed my head against the desk and putt my arms over my head. Harry and Ginny were the only ones who knew why I did that and they laughed. Ron in disbelief asked,” You could have taken anyone and you chose Loony Lovegood!?”
Ginny snapped,” Don’t call her that Ronald!”
Ron was looking at Hermione who was slowly following Parvati into the study hall. Harry suggested,” you could say sorry.”
Ron eyed Harry,” And get attacked by another flock of canaries! I don’t think so.” I let out a muffled chuckle. Harry had to keep himself from laughing as well.