Status: Finished! Check out the sequel!!

The Darkness Within

Twenty Three: "Oh Look Mistle Toe!"

I noticed Lavender when Harry slide into me since he was being pushed away from Ron so Lavender could sit next to him. Lavender squealed,” WON WON!” My wand in my hand twisted so it could point at her. Harry noticed my wand and put his hands over my head to. He bit his lip, hoping I would not try to conjure a spell. Parvati exclaimed,” Hey Hermione!”
Hermione’s smile shinned brightly as she replied,” Hi, Parvati! Are you going to Slughorn’s party tonight?”
Parvati shook her head,” nah, but I would love to go. Who are you going with?”
Hermione giggled the most girlish laugh,” I’m going with Cormac McLaggen!”
There was a hand that slammed onto the table. In shock, I wrenched my head up to look at whoever slammed their hand on the table. I saw Ron whose jaw looked like it would hit the ground.
Parvati asked with wide eyes,” Are you two dating?”
Hermione smiled sweetly,” Oh yes! Didn’t you know!?”
Parvati replied with the utmost interest,” No! You must really like Quidditch players! First Krum, then McLaggen…”
Hermione corrected her,” I like really good Quidditch players! Well got to go!”
Harry looked from Ron’s blank face to mine. I had my hand over my mouth in surprise.

I was sitting in the Slytherin common room when Draco walked in. He looked at my attire and asked,” Where are you going?”
I admit I was a bit dressy. I was wearing a cute black strapless dress with dark green high heels and my hair was curled. I got up and replied,” Well I was invited to the Slughorn Christmas party. Would you want to go with me?” I had hoped he would say yes considering we hadn’t spent much time together lately.
Draco sneered,” HA, yea ill skip it.”
Pissed, I nodded and walked out.
I arrived at the party in a bad mood. Hermione ran into me like she was in a big rush. Hermione squealed,” Oh Locklyn, I’m sorry; I’m trying to get away from Cormac! Any suggestions on where to hide?”
Her face showed that she was really trying to hide. I replied,” Yeah, behind those curtains, is a good spot to hide. I’ll come find you in a minute.”
Professor Slughorn caught me walking alone,” Ah, Miss Riddle, I see you don’t have a date?”
I nodded,” Yeah I don’t.”
Slughorn motioned me to a boy who was standing under the mistlesoe. Slughorn introduced,” Locklyn, this is Cormac McLaggen.”
Cormac reworked his stance he was in to seem like he had huge muscles. Cormac held out his hand,” Nice to meet you Locklyn. You look very ravishing tonight.”
I put my hand in his and replied,” Well thank you, but I was under the impression you were here with Hermione Granger…”
Cormac interrupted,” Oh look mistletoe!”
I moved out of the way of his puckering lips and left to find Hermione.
When I got to the curtains where Hermione was hiding I asked,” So why did you leave Cormac?”
Hermione sighed,” I left him under the mistletoe. I’ve never met someone more barbaric than him!”
I laughed,” I can’t agree more! Slughorn just introduced us and Cormac was dying to use the mistletoe to his advantage!”
Harry who must have been really close by, stepped behind the curtain and added,” Well that’s what you get! I honestly do not get why you came with him.”
Hermione answered gloomily,” I knew it annoy Ron the most...”
Just then we heard Filch muttering about someone who was roaming the halls. We all walked out from behind the curtain to see Filch dragging Draco by his collar into the party. Filch growled,” This boy here was saying he was invited.”
Draco snarled,” Alright! I wasn’t invited! I was gate-crashing!”
Slughorn looked worried at first then relaxed,” oh well, Draco, feel free to stay for the party!”
Draco gave Filch a dirty look as he let go. Draco walked over to Slughorn as if he was about to boast about who his grandfather was. Snape stated,” Draco, Out in the hall, now!”
When Snape and Draco walked out I turned to Harry and said,” That’s weird. I wanted Draco to come with me but he said he’ll skip out. I know he had no interest in coming. Something fishy is going on…”
Harry took my comment and left the room to follow Snape.
~Harry’s POV~
I put my invisibility cloak on as I drew closer.
Snape pushed Draco to the wall and whispered,” Let me help you Draco! I promised to protect you! Your mother and I made the unbreakable vow!”
Draco sneered,” I was chosen! You’re just trying to steal my glory! I do not need your help! I’ve got all the help I need!”
Snape looked into Draco’s eyes and even I knew what he was trying to do. Draco blocked him,” I know what you’re trying to do! You’re never going to know my plan, so stop trying to find out what it is!”
Snape looked displeased,” I see Aunt Bellatrix has taught you Occlumency. What thoughts are you trying to keep from me?”
Draco pushed Snape out of the way and stalked off.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)