Life of a Teenager

Meet the Friends

As Benny and I pulled up to the party, I saw a huge Victorian mansion that looked like it had at least ten rooms, from the front, and it was well touched up, painted neatly and everything. I looked at Benny who looked at me and said, "Like the house?"

I nodded and he said, "This is Joey's house."

Then I looked at him like I couldn't believe it. Joey's been my friend ever since first grade and we hung out together all the time. Joey was mostly the dork of our group, but he was also one of the leaders too. He's what you would call, a friend with benefits for me, but he was also bisexual too. We support him but whenever he tries pretending to hit on my brothers, it gets kind of weird and they tell me to take him some where else. Joey and I hang out almost all the time whenever I can be separated from my twin, and I sometimes sneak him into my room at night when everyone is asleep. Joey never invited me over to his house before though, so I was kind of surprised that he lived in a big house like this.

"Joey's aunt lives here and Joey and his brother Nicholas stay here for the summer. Nick figured that since his aunt was out, he'd throw a party. Of course, his aunt always goes out on Saturday nights and doesn't come back till Sunday afternoon." Benny explained to me.

He pulled into the drive way, turned off the car, and got out. We both walked up to the house and Benny rang the door bell.

Surprise, Joey answered the door. We gave each other a kiss, which is usual for us even though we weren't dating, and I said, "Hey Joey. You never told me you lived in a Victorian place."

Joey shrugged, "You never asked. Anyway, come on in."

Benny tapped fists with Joey and said, "Thanks bro. Where's the party?"

Joey hurried and closed the door behind us and told us to follow him and answered, "In the basement."

I listened for sounds of music, but I couldn't hear anything, "Doesn't sound like there's a lot of people here."

Joey smirked and said, "There are. But the only reason you can't hear them, is because my aunt got a sound proof basement. I'm just glad she got it too. She would need it when I finally decide to invite you over and we go down stairs."

Benny shook his head and said, "Shut up Joey, she's my sister." I laughed at the two and then we got to the basement.

Joey opened the door and said, "Ladies first."

Benny laughed and said, "I guess that means you Joey."

Joey huffed and said, "Very funny Louie."

Joey usually liked to use our last name, which was Lauen, its French, I know, and I like it, and he shortens it up for Benny and me. I pushed my way between the two boys and went down the stairs where it was kind of loud and the music was Nickelback.

A lot of guys were eying me as I came down the stairs and I stopped at the bottom of the stairs and waited for Joey.

Nick came over and said, "Hey, how's my bisexual brother doing? Here with your girl friend huh?"

I gave Nick a glare and said, "For your info, I'm a friend with benefits. Not his girl friend."

Nick laughed, "So, your a sex object?"

Benny was concentrating on something else at the moment, but I'm sure that if he heard what Nick was saying to me, he'd probably try and kick his ass if he didn't shut up.

Then Nick continued, "Hey, there's a room in the back if ya wanna-"

He was cut off by Joey, "Hey come on Nick. She's three years younger than you. Leave her out of your psychotic sexual desires."

I looked at Joey and then walked up to Nick so we stood a few inches away and stared into his eyes as I brushed my hands against Nick's cheek and said, "Joey, its okay. I'll just wait until he really wants it. Then, we'll see what happens. You just gotta be a good boy."

I patted Nick's cheek as he started to smile and then slapped it lightly as Benny came over.

"Hey, Nick, leave my sister alone." Benny said pulling me back to him and Joey by my arm.

I sighed, "Benny, I can take care of myself."

Benny made a warning glare at Nick making sure he meant for him to stay away from me.

I turned around and walked the other way, and Benny quickly followed me and grabbed my arm to make me turn around to face him, "Baylee, I don't want you getting hurt, okay? Nick isn't the kind of guy who couldn't stick to one girl and if he gets too attached something bad is going to happen to you and I don't want that. Uncle Steven would kill me if anything happened to you too."

"Oh Benny, stop worrying so much. Nothin's gonna to happen to me, alright. I can take care of myself."

"Baylee, you can't be too sure. I don't want Nick close to you because he could do worse. I'm protective of you and I don't want any trouble with him anyway."

I sighed and