Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Order

Professor Umbridge

We sat in the Great Hall eating happily as Dumbledore stood.

“Good evening, children. Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We’re pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank who’ll be taking Care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I’m sure you’ll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you--” Dumbledore stopped when the new Professor made a peculiar noise, she stood as he looked at her. My right eyebrow rose when I saw that she was wearing pink… all over.

Umbridge walked around the table and walked to the front,
“She was at my hearing. She works for Fudge.” Harry whispered.

“Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me. I’m sure we’re all going to be very good friends. The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected, and prune practices that ought to be prohibited.” Umbridge smiled as we all clapped unsure of how to react.

“Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating.” Dumbledore spoke,
“Illuminating? What a load of waffle.” Ron spoke,
“What’s it mean?” Harry asked,
“It means the Ministry’s interfering at Hogwarts.” Hermione spoke; I held my head, as Harry looked at me,
“The Ministry hates my guts at the moment… what the hell am I meant to do now with that stiff pink teaching us?” I snapped quietly.

* * *


I walked out of the Great Hall but someone stopped me.

“Miss. Skylar.” A horrid voice called, I looked back at the pink prune walking towards me. “I would like to have a word.” Umbridge smiled, I looked at my friends,
“I’ll be fine. I’ll see you at the common room.” I spoke.

“As we both know you are very much different from the rest of the students in this school,” Umbridge smiled, my right eyebrow raised, I knew where this was going. “And because of your special difference I’ll be keeping a strong eye on you, and if you step any toe out of line then you will be receiving the strongest of punishments.” Umbridge spoke. “Goodbye.” Umbridge smiled and walked off.

I wanted to strangle the woman, I went to scream but a hand quickly landed on my shoulder, I looked back at McGonagall who had a look of sympathy on her face.

* * *


I stormed back up to the common room and sat with Hermione at the table.

“I want to murder that pink prune already!” I snapped, Fred and George waltzed over and stood besides Hermione and me,
“Who’s this pink prune?” Fred smirked,
“Umbridge!” I snapped, I stood up and paced around, “She’s a horrid. Evil. Scheming. Self-centered…” I stopped,
“Witch?” Fred and George asked,
“No… Bitch!” I yelled as I threw my arms up in the air.

I saw Harry and Ron at the top of the stairs as I waved a little.