Status: Completed :)

Hidden in the Shadows

Chapter Fifteen

March 11th, 2011
Friday
Milan and Raina’s Apartment, Boston, MA
10:25 P.M.

“What,” Raina said.

“I got a voicemail from her on my phone saying she’d drove home in a separate car and would meet me at home but she isn’t here and she won’t pick up her phone.”

“She said the same thing to me. I offered her a ride but she refused.”

“What should I do?” he said fearfully.

“Call the cops, tell them what’s happened.”

“I already did but it’s not a missing person for 24 hours do they can’t do anything.” She heard him start to become hysterical.

“Listen Johnny it will be ok if you want me, you, and Milan can go search for her ourselves.”

“Alright, come over to my place and we can go.” Raina quickly dressed and ran downstairs.

“Milan, Sheena’s missing.” He had been watching TV but shifted his focus to her.

“What?”

“Johnny just called saying that Sheena never got home so I’m going to help him look for her, are you coming?”

“You’re gonna go search around Boston?”

“Ya,” Milan stood up and shut off the TV.

“You’re not going anywhere in your condition. I’ll go help.” said Milan.

“But Milan-”

“No Raina it’s dangerous to be walking around at night, you stay here, I’ll go and call you if we find her.” said Milan. Raina felt anger rise inside her.

“She’s one of my best friends!”

“Raina I don’t want you hurting yourself or-”

“You can’t keep me so sheltered because I’m pregnant!”

“I’m not going to stand here and try to explain my reasoning to you because I know you’ll never get it.” Milan went into the closet and pulled out his jacket and then went to leave. “I’ll call you if we find anything. I love you.” Raina stood with her back turned, not saying anything. She heard him click the lock on the door.

“You never lock the door.” She said.

“Well with what happened to Anna, Jasmiina, and now Sheena, I don’t want to take any risks.” And with that he was gone. She heard the elevator ding outside in the hall. She let a few frustrated tears escape her eyes and roll down her face. She went into the living room and pressed herself up against the large glass window. She looked down at the cars lighting up the dark streets as if she would spot Sheena from twenty stories high. She went over to the couch and sat down. How much stress could she take? Her friends were being hurt one by one, Brittany was back, and she and Milan were fighting. Things seemed unable to get any worse for her. She held her cell phone in her hand tightly waiting for a call.

A half an hour later Raina was still laying on the couch and dozing off when she felt her phone vibrate. It made her wake up instantly and she looked at the screen to see it was from Milan. She quickly answered and said

“Did you find her?”

“Ya,” he said in a downcast voice. “We found her.”

“Is she alright?”

“Better than Jasmiina or Anna was. We found her in an alleyway near the Garden and her car. She was tied up so she couldn’t move. But she was conscious and the only injuries are her arm and hand are broken.” Raina felt relieved that she wasn’t in a worse condition.

“Did you talk to her?”

“No, she was crazy when we to the gag out of her mouth and untied her. She was screaming and stuff, we couldn’t get her calmed down. Johnny went to the hospital with her, and I’m on my way home.”

“What if I’m next?” said Raina, feeling fear flare up inside her.

“We’ll talk about it when I get home, I’ll see you in five minutes.” Milan hung up and as expected, Raina heard the door open a couple of minutes later. She went out into the kitchen to see Milan taking off of his jacket. Forgetting her anger she said

“I’m scared,”

“Well don’t be because I’m sending you to Vancouver.”

“What? Why!”

“Because you can go live with my parents there until the cops figure this all out and catch whoever’s doing this.”

“And you’d stay here?”

“Ya, it’s a lot safer in Vancouver for you right now, I’ll have you fly out tomorrow.”

“But I don’t want to go alone!” she said.

“Raina I have to stay\ here for hockey.”

“But I want to be with you,” she said tearfully. He came forward and took her in his arms. She started to cry and pressed her face into his chest.

“It will be ok baby, I’ll call you every night, it will be ok.”

“But I need you,” she cried.

“I need you too, but I want to make sure that you and the babies are safe.”

“And then if I go, I’ll be leaving you here with Brittany.”

“Don’t think about her,” said Milan.

“How can I not, if I leave she’ll be all over you.”

“I don’t care for her anymore, just trust me.” He looked down at her tear stained face. “If you go you can start looking for houses.” She sniffled a little and said

“I’ll miss you to much,” He laughed and said

“I’ll miss you too, but I’d rather you be safe.” He kissed the top of her head. They stood together there a bit more, Raina crying into Milan’s chest still. Finally she said

“Alright I’ll go,” he lifted her face up to his gently and then gave her a long passionate kiss. “When are you going to book the flight for?”

“Tomorrow night when I fly out for Buffalo, so we can go there at the same time.”

“I’ll have to go see Jasmiina and Sheena before I leave.”

“Alright, I’ll call my parents tomorrow, I’m sure they’ll be ok with it.”
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.

I've officially started my Nathan Horton story. :) I've set up the dates I plan on starting and finishing different stories.

Hidden in the Shadows (Milan Lucic)- Finish by July 1st
Never Meant to Be- Start today and finish by July 12th
Beneath the Surface (Sidney Crosby Story)- Start on July 12th and finish by August 12th