Status: Completed :)

Hidden in the Shadows

Chapter Fourteen

March 11th, 2011
Friday
TD Garden, Boston, MA
6:40 P.M.

Raina had been invited to watch the game in a suite room that had been rented out exclusively for the wives and girlfriends of the Bruins players. Excited to be all together with the girls Raina pushed her way through the crowd in the Garden. She went to the escalator and handed the woman at the bottom her suite pass and went up. The suite was bigger then most of the others. It had a large bar, tables, and a line of chairs looking out over the ice. When she got inside she saw that most of the girls had already arrived.

“Raina!” She looked up to see Sheena coming over to her.

“Hey,” she said “To bad Jasmiina’s still in the hospital she would have loved this.”

“I know, at least Tuukka’s not in net tonight so she’s not missing him play or anything, some sit with me.” Sheena took her hand and led her to a line of seats. Sitting with them was Rebecca, Tatiana, and Thomas’ wife Melissa.

“So how’s pregnancy?” said Tatiana.

“All good,” laughed Raina. “Where’s your daughter?”

“At home being babysat.” Raina nodded and said

“No one seems to have their kids with them.”

“Ya we rented out the suite next door for them.”

“Who’s watching them?” said Raina.

“We hired tow security guards,” laughed Melissa.

“It’s probably crazy in there.” said Raina.

“As long as they’re not killing each other or leaving the room, let them go crazy,” said Melissa.

“What is she doing here?” Raina heard Sheena say. She was looking towards the door with wide eyes. Raina turned in her seat and saw who had just walked in. Tammy came in and walking next to her was Brittany. Raina felt a rush of adrenaline go through her and then anger.

“Hasn’t she had enough or does she wanna cause more problems?” said Raina. Brittany was greeted by some of the other girlfriends and then went over to the bar with Tammy.

“Stop, don’t pay attention,” sad Sheena.

“It’s going to be hard not to,” said Raina who turned back and looked out at the ice. The team had come out to warm up. To distract herself she kept her gaze on Milan skating around the ice.

“Hey Sheena!” She heard Brittany yell. Raina watched as Brittany came up and pulled Sheena into a hug. “Oh my god, it’s been so long!” she squealed.

“Yaaaa….” said Sheena awkwardly.

“I’m here for three weeks. Though I’d come down and visit.” Brittany looked up and met Raina’s gaze. She smirked and said “Sheena come sit with me and Tammy.”

“I’m already sitting over here with them.” said Sheena.

“With Raina?” said Brittany in disgust. Not wanting to hear Brittany talk shit about her Raina turned in her seat and said

“So what have you been doing since you went back to Vancouver? Actually trying to get a job to support yourself? Is it hard not completely living off of someone else’s income anymore?”

“Are you really pregnant? Or did you just get fat?” Now raging, Raina got up out of her seat and got right in Brittany’s face. Before she could say something back Sheena go in between them and said

“Stop it you two, just walk away from each other,” Brittany gave her a bitchy look and walked off towards the other side of the room. Raina wanted to lung forward and jump on her when she saw Brittany was wearing a Lucic jersey. “Let it go,” said Sheena, holding onto Raina’s arm. “She’s not worth it,” Raina heard the loud music begin to play and went back to her seat. The game was beginning.

“Want anything to drink?” said Sheena loudly over the music.

“Water, I can’t have alcohol remember.” She said placing a hand on her stomach. Raina heard the horn sound and the teams came back out onto the ice for the game. Sheena came back and sat down with her. “I can’t believe she’ll be here for three fucking weeks. Why the hell is she even here?”

“To irritate you,” said Sheena, taking a sip of the drink she had gotten. “She knows you guys are getting married soon.” Raina groaned in annoyance.

“Why can’t she just leave me alone?”

“She wants Milan back,” said Sheena. The game started and St. Louis won the face-off.

“As if I didn’t have enough going on in my life.” said Raina.

The game ended badly. The Bruins were winning 3-2 and St. Louis came back and scored twice before the game ended. A large group of the wives went out to the parking lot to wait for the guys. Raina watched as Brittany followed Tammy over to the group. Twenty minutes later Milan, Nathan, Tim Thomas, and Marc Recchi came from the building. Raina couldn’t wait to see Milan’s reaction to Brittany. As he came up to her Raina smiled at him and said

“Guess whose back?” Before Milan could ask who Raina heard Brittany yell

“Hey Milan,” she came over. “How are you doing?” Milan looked at Brittany in shock and said

“Ummmm, hi what are you doing here?”

“I came down to visit for three weeks,” she said.

“Oh,” he said.

“It’s been so long Looch,” she came forward and hugged him, wrapping her arms around his waist. She was completely ignoring the fact that she was there. Unsure what to do, Milan awkwardly stood there. When she pulled away he said

“Ya, well I gotta go home now,” Trying to be polite he said “It was nice seeing you.”

“Oh you’ll be seeing me a lot more,” she said seductively. She turned and walked off back to Tammy.

“Dumb whore,” said Raina. “Does she really think you’ll go back o her?”

“Calm down, I’m not going to talk to her,” he said “Besides,” He came forward and pulled her into a hug. “You’re my one and only.” She smiled and said

“Let’s go home,” Sheena came up and said

“I’ll see you tomorrow. I brought my own car; I parked it down the street from here. So I’m gonna have to walk.”

“Do you want a ride there?” said Raina.

“Thanks but its fine, it’s not that long of a walk, besides a need the exercise,” she laughed.

“See you later!” said Raina. They got into the car and pulled out of the Gardens parking lot.

“Why is she here?” said Milan.

“I don’t know, she said that she came to see everyone. She was in the suite all the wives had rented out.”

“Here we go again,” said Milan. They pulled into the parking garage and sat in he darkness talking.

“When do you have another away game?” said Raina.

“The day after tomorrow, I’m not leaving until tomorrow night.”

“Good” she said pushing the car door open and stepping out. The two went inside and Raina wanted to take a long shower. She just got out when she heard her phone vibrate loudly against the tile sink counter. It was from Johnny which was strange because he never usually called her.

“Hello,” she answered.

“Hey Raina is Sheena with you?”

“No why?” she said.

“She’s missing.”
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.

I hope Nathan's doing well after the hit last night. :( Scary stuff. Lol I loved how Recchi and Lucic taunted Burrows and shoved their fingers in his mouth. Hopefully the Bruins keep playing well and win!!