Status: Completed :)

Hidden in the Shadows

Chapter Thirty: Epiloge

July 13th, 2011
Saturday
Milan and Raina’s New House, Middleton, MA
12:30 A.M.

Raina lay on her new couch watching Saturday Night Live. She and Milan had just moved into their new home in Middleton a week ago. Milan was in the kitchen getting something to drink. Raina had felt immobile for the past few days. She was a few days overdue and had been off her feet. She got up to see Milan in the kitchen and as she was walking into the hallway. She felt something warm trickling down her leg.

“What the hell?” she said confused. Her pajama pants were completely soaked. “Milan,” she called.

“What?” she heard him say from the kitchen.

“I think my water just broke.” She heard him drop whatever he was doing in the kitchen and come into the dark hallway.

“Really?” he said.

“Ya,” she turned on the light to find a wet mark on the floor.

“Oh shit,” he said.

“I’m gonna go change into new pants and then we’ll go to the hospital,” said Raina. Afterwards, they got into the car and drove to Mass General. Raina’s contractions began right after her water broke. The pain started out dull and then got sharper and more painful.

“How are you doing?” asked Milan.

“Pretty good,” she said. “For now.” When they got to the hospital Raina was taken straight to the delivery room. Milan didn’t hesitate to go in with her. The next hour seemed to go by in a surreal blur. Raina requested the epidermal and soon she sat up on the bed and was told to push. The epidermal took away the majority of the pain and all she felt was an increasing pressure as she pushed the first baby out. Milan held her hand despite the fact that he felt like she was crushing his hand. She leaned back against her pillow panting heavily, taking a small break before working on getting the next baby out. She finally was able to push the second one out. She let herself fall back against her pillow, knowing it was finally over. She watched as Milan stepped forward and cut the cords on both babies. She smiled when she heard the doctors say

“The first one’s a boy, and the second one’s a girl.” The babies crying didn’t bother Raina and when the nurses had washed them both off they had stopped. They wrapped them up according to gender in a pink and blue blanket. They handed Milan his daughter and Raina her son. She saw tears in Milan’s eyes as the baby girl reached out and grabbed his pinky with her little hand. The little boy, trying to get warmer, shifted in his blanket so he was pressed up against his mother’s chest.

“I say we name her Willow,” said Milan, still looking down at his baby daughter in amazement. "She's so beautiful, like you," he said.

“Let me see her,” said Raina. She handed Milan their son and took their daughter into her arms for the first time. The baby girl already had little dark brown hairs on her head.

“Definitely, Willow Snezana Lucic,” she said smiling. “I think we should name him Luca,” Luca had been the main name they had decided on together a few weeks ago.

“Luca Dobrivoje Lucic,” said Milan. “So it’s official, Willow and Luca?”

“Yes, that sounds good,” Said Raina “And we’ll have them baptized in the Stanley Cup,” she said. She felt exhaustion wash over her. Milan saw it in her eyes and said

“I’m so proud of you, I love you so much.” He kissed her lips lightly. “I think you should sleep.” She handed Milan their son and she rolled over onto her side and shut her eyes. The nurses came in to take the babies to be weighed, and evaluated. Milan sat by Raina’s bed and watched her sleep. Despite her disheveled appearance, to him, she was still the most beautiful woman in the world.
__________________________________________________
Milan and Raina's house in Middleton

Thanks you so much to everyone who commented, read, and subscribed to this story. :) I really appreciate it! Without my readers I'd have no reason to keep posting so attribute all my success on this website to you guys :)

My upcoming plans are to work on my Nathan Horton story, and start my Sidney Crosby story on July 12th.

I'll be making a complete Bruins series of two stories for three players each on the team (Milan Lucic, Nathan Horton, and an undecided third player.) When I'm done I'll be writing one story that brings them all together so this won't be the last time I write about Raina and Milan. You can check my profile for any new updates on what I'm up too.

Thanks again everyone :)