Misunderestimation

And so I walked on.

It made no sense that he wanted to take me here, I mean, a butchery? Seriously? I felt like I was going to throw up. So I did.
“I..I.I….I’m sorry Gerard….” I stammered, followed by another heave of liquid projected onto his passenger seat mat.
“I….I don’t think this is a g..g.ggood idea. You remember… vegetarian?”
“Yeah,” he replies, his voice gruff, yet velvet. “I want to show you what I do for a living.”
With that he stalked off and left me standing in the drizzle left from this morning’s blissful rain. I hated drizzle, so tiny and annoying and not at all worth it, but I didn’t mind, quite at this moment. So I walked on.
I had bigger fish to keep.
I was scared, but I knew I could trust him. Sweet and innocent Gerard, right?

We wandered through the stainless steel halls of the murder-house. Huh. Murder-house. I giggled lightly to myself.
“What the hell? I bring my vegetarian Boyfriend to a butchery and he’s giggling?”
“Don’t worry, something I found funny in my head, I’ll tell you later if I remember.”
The truth is, I simply didn’t want to tell him because I was paranoid. Was I going to be that cow hanging up in the next room? The lamb chops in the freezer? The hunk of flesh under the steak tenderiser? I didn’t know. So I walked on.

We stopped out the front of steel doors. No windows, this part of the hallway was lit solely by the artificial glow produced by the halogens above. It creeped me out. I want to leave. Now. Whatever was behind this door must be bad. He turned to me.
“Before we go in, two things. One, Are you ready?”
I hesitate. “…Yeah?”
“I suppose that’s good enough.” His voice was low and his expression grave.
“Two. Does anyone, I mean ANYONE know who you are with or where you are?”
I stop. This is one weird question. It doesn’t fit. Its like a puzzle with a piece from another. I question him.
“Why?”
He replied quick and without so much as a glance in my direction.
“Collateral Damage.”

That’s weird. Honest and true weird. I do remember telling my mum I’d be spending the day with Gerard. Or at least I told he I hoped I would be, otherwise I’d go home. I relayed my thoughts through my shaky vocal chords.
With my answer, he whipped around and began walking the other direction. Back to where we came. So I walked on. I skip-jump to get up beside him.
“What was that about? What’s in there? Why aren’t we going in now? Wh-…” His lips cut my sentence off short, and I wasn’t fine with it, but I still get that feeling when I’m kissing him. Like nothing else matters. Like theres nothing in the world that could pull us apart. But there is. Me.
I didn’t get any of this. I glare at him. That kiss was odd. Not at all my Gerard. His lips were too eager to shut me up, rather than eager to touch me. He was hasty, and didn’t care when I pulled back in such a rush. His expression blank and that isn’t normal.

I was well and truly scared. Scared for me, Scared for him, but most of all scared of the truth. I wanted answers, almost as much as I wanted to leave this place and never come back again. So I walked on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I know EXACTLY where Im going with this now. Im sorry I've left it for so long. Im really bad at getting things consistent. anyway, to my subscribed readers, hope you still read, and to the others, please subscribe, and i hope you keep reading too. Con-crit, feedback, comments, suggestions all welcome. Please forgive me.