Status: Active

My Heart Beats for Only You.

Chapter 3

It took me a while to finally fall asleep. It felt like once I fell asleep my alarm clock went off. I groaned as I threw my alarm clock off my bedside table trying to get it to shut up but it was like a super clock. It would not stop beeping so I just got up, I got dressed and headed downstairs. I must have been running late because my house was empty. It was kinda creepy to have the house so empty and quiet in the morning when it was usually loud with the hustle of my parents getting ready for work. I saw a note on the kitchen counter that my mom wrote saying both her and my dad were called into work early. Phew, I thought I was running late and I hate rushing. Now that I knew I wasn't running late I took my time and made my way toward school.

I walked to my locker, got my stuff and waited to see if Beth would show up at my locker like she did every morning, but she didn't. Instead of standing in the hallway I made my way to first period. I had a study first period and I loved it. I was able to homework and just relax before I had to go to the rest of my classes. I sat in the back and watched as the other students filled the class. Suddenly I felt my cell phone ring in my pocket. I took it out and looked at the text. It was from Beth saying that she wasn't coming to school today. That's just great. Now I have to go through the whole day without someone to talk to. It's not like I don't have other friends it's just Beth is my best friend and you know what it's like to have to go a whole school day without having your best friend there to go through all the crap with you.

I replied to the text saying she was lucky. Beth's parents always let her take a day off of school to just relax. If I even asked my parents to stay home it's a problem. Soon after I sent the text the bell rang and the study teacher walked in. She was really cool, her name was Mrs.Marks. She didn't really care what you did as long as it wasn't bad. We were allowed to talk and listen to our iPods and just relax. She was definitely my favorite teacher.

"Good morning class" she said while she took out the attendence sheet and took attendence. She then asked me to take the sheet down to the office and that there was a new student there who I had to bring back to class. Ugh I hate having to walk new students around. It's always awkward. I used to help with the welcome committee in our school freshman year but I got annoyed with the new students so I stopped.

I walked into the office and gave the secretary the attendance sheet before asking if the new student was here because other than me and the faculty, the office was empty. The secretary told me he was running late and to just wait for a while. I didn't mind I didn't have anything to do in study. I sat in the chair waiting for this new kid who was supposedly a boy considering the secretary said a he. I wonder if whoever this he person is, is cute.

Jason's POV

I made sure I got up and ready to be on time. I wasn't thrilled about going to school but there wasn't anything I could do about it. The cop who brought me here yesterday was supposed to bring me to the school I'd be attending but he was late. Seriously? I make sure I'm all ready on time and I'm late anyways.

Finally the cop car pulled up. Really? Is this a joke? I'm gonna be brought to school in a cop car. That's not gonna draw any suspicions. They couldn't have used one of those undercover cop cars or something. I just shook my head and got in the car.

"Aren't you supposed to have books" the officer asked as we headed toward the school.

" I have a notebook" I said holding up my one subject notebook. To be honest I didn't know what else to get. I haven't been to school in years and my grandma gave the notebook to me yesterday so I thought that'd be enough, well for now.

"Ha good luck" he said as we pulled up to the Nevada high school. I just got out of the car and walked into the school. Luckily the office was right there when you walked in so I didn't have to wander around looking for it. I walked in and noticed a girl about my age sitting in one of the chairs. I didn't pay much attention to her, instead I walked to the secretary and told her who I was and everything else. She ended up pointing to the girl in the chair telling me that she was gonna show me to my first class.

Annie's POV

I was sitting in the chair for about 10 minutes. I kept thinking about what this guy was gonna look like when suddenly the guy I assumed to be the new kid walked in. He looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. He had light brown hair and looked pretty cute. He talked to the secretary who told him I was gonna show him to class. That's when he turned to face me and I realized who it was.The same person I couldn't get out of my head yesterday was standing in front of me.

Jason McCann was the new student.

----------------------------------------------------------