Status: Active

My Heart Beats for Only You.

Chapter 4

I just stood there shocked as he stared at me. He probably thought I was retarded or something. I didn't know what to say so I just walked out of the office and he followed me. I thought I should at least try and start some sort of conversation but I couldn't figure out anything to say. After a couple of minutes, Jason spoke and it made me jump.

"So, what's your name" he asked me as we slowly walked through the halls.

"A-Annie" I stuttered, that's just great. I could feel my cheeks getting red with embarrassment. In the past couple days I have formed a crush on a complete stranger and now here he was standing next to me. I know it's stupid to fall for someone you don't even know but I couldn't help it. It just kinda happened.

"Like the movie?" he asked looking at me.

"Yeah, like the movie" I chuckled. I always had people compare my name to the movie. Normally it annoyed me but when he said it, it didn't.

"What's your name?" I asked even though I already knew. I didn't want to seem like a creep though.

"Jason" he said simply. After that it fell quiet again. Thankfully we reached Mrs.Marks class because it was getting kinda awkward. Well for me. We walked in and I went back to my seat. I put my iPod on and watched as everyone stared and whispered. It was ridiculous. Whenever we have a new student the same thing happens. People whisper and make up rumors and then it's like nothing happened. Luckily I never had to go through that because I've lived in Nevada my whole life and trust me when I say it's not as fun as it sounds.

I realized I was staring into space and I figured since Beth wasn't here I might as well do my homework I had forgotten to do the night before. I was about half way through my civics homework when I felt a presence next to me. I looked up to see Jason sitting next to me. I took my headphones off and just stared, kinda shocked that he was siting next to me. I mean there are a bunch of other empty seats in the class. He turned to look at me and smiled.

"Hey" he said to me like we've been friends for years. I just met him, but if he wants to be friendly I'm fine with that.

"Um..hi" I said still confused. I started to do my homework again when I heard Jason say something. I wasn't really paying attention so I didn't clearly hear what he said.

"What'd you say?" I asked.

"I just asked what you were doing" he said looking at me. It was then I noticed how nice his eyes were. They were the perfect brown, not to dark but not really light. They were perfect. I snapped out of it and answered his question.

"Just civics homework"

"Oh, is it hard? I have civics seventh period and I'm not really good at..school work" he said tuning his whole desk sideways so he faced me. It made me laugh because everyone turned at the loud noise the desk made against the floor. I looked at Jason to see his cheeks were slighty red. He was blushing. Can you say adorable?

"Oh come on, there has to be something your good at" I said referring to what he said about not being good at anything. He just laughed.

"What's so funny?" I asked clearly confused at why he was laughing.

"Nothing, you wouldn't get it" he said still laughing.

"Are you calling me stupid" I said seriously, just to mess with him. He immediately stopped laughing.

"What, no, I didn't-" He got nervous and started to ramble so I cut him off.

"I was kidding" I said, now it was my turn to laugh. It was cute the way he got nervous. Damn, he was cute period.

"That's not funny" he said laughing with me. I noticed that a few girls were staring at us but I didn't care. Let them stare. I ended up not being able to finish my homework because me and Jason talked all period. It turns out that we both had civics seventh period. I was actually excited to go to civics now. Soon the bell rang and I was kinda sad to leave study. I wanted to sit here and talk to Jason all day, and believe me I could.

Me and Jason were walking out of the class when Marissa, one the schools many whores, bumped me. I knew it was on purpose and I just gave a dirty look. I hate that bitch.

"Woah, whats that about" Jason asked. He must have noticed.

"It's nothing, just stupid girl drama. What class do you have now?" I asked quickly changing the subject.

"Umm.." he said taking out his schedule and looking at it before answering me.

"English with Mr.Warson" he said and I felt bad cause Mr.Warson was..not the best teacher here. He was strict, very strict.

"Well, I have to go that way anyways so we can walk together" I said with a smile.

"Okay cool" he said smiling back.

Sadly, I had to go to my next class which was Biology, alone. I said bye to Jason and just made it class before the bell rang. I thought about Jason all period. I mean, I liked him before but now that I actually talked to him I liked to him even more. Now those feelings I had before escalated and I could say I had definite crush on him.

The day went by so slow and if felt like seventh period would never come but it did. I was in such a rush to see Jason, I practically ran out of my sixth period class. I tried to walk as fast as I could through the crowded halls without running into people. I was doing pretty good until I tripped on something, more like someone. I fell flat on my face and my books went everywhere. I looked up to see Marissa and all her friends laughing at me. I seriously hate her. Like what the hell?!

"Need some help?" I heard a familiar voice ask. I looked up to see Jason standing there. God, as if this wasn't embarrassing enough. I couldn't help but smile as he helped me up.

"Thanks" I whispered as I started to pick up my books.

"No problem" he said as he handed me one of my books that were on the floor. We started to walk to civics when I looked back over at Marissa to see her giving me the dirtiest look. I just smiled at her and kept walking.

When we got to class I took my usual seat in the back. As you can probably tell, I like to sit in the back. As far away from Marissa who sat in the front like a teachers pet. If only the teachers knew she wasn't as innocent as she looks. Jason sat in the seat next me where Beth usually sat. I forgot about her. Wait until she sees Jason tomorrow. That's gonna be funny.

"Are you okay? You fell pretty hard." Jason asked as the bell rang and Marissa walked in. I just rolled my eyes.

"Yea, I'm fine" I smiled and felt my cheeks go red again. Jason went to say something but Mr. Harison cut him off by telling everyone to pair up and work on questions 1 through 8 in the book. I opened my book and Jason slid his desk next to mine. I could get used to this.

We got to question 3 when Jason sighed and put his head in his hands. He was right when he said he was bad at school work. He wasn't stupid he just didn't get it. It was cute to see him all confused. Pretty soon the bell rang and the teacher told us to finish the questions for homework.

"Great" I heard Jason mumble which made me laugh.

"It's not funny, how am I supposed to finish this when I don't get it?" he asked stressed out.

"Just relax first of all and I'll help you in study tomorrow" I said with a smile and he returned it.

We left class and thankfully I didn't bump into Marissa again. I honestly don't know how much more I could take of her. I went to my locker and headed out to the parking lot with Jason following me the whole time.It was weird I felt like I've known Jason for years when I just met him. I liked it though.

"Do you need a ride?" I asked as I unlocked my car. He looked a bit uneasy before answering.

"No, I'll just walk" he answered.

"I'm not gonna let you walk when I can drive you. It's not a problem, really"

"You sure" he asked

"I'm sure" I said with a smile. I honestly don't think I've smiled this much in my life.

"Okay" he said and got in the car. I stared driving when I realised I didn't know where to go.

"Um..Jason, where am I going?" I asked when I realized he was staring at me. If it was someone else it would have been creepy but with him I let it slide. He seemed to snap out if his trace and he started giving me directions. Soon we pulled up to a cute little white house.

"Thanks for the ride Annie" he said with a smile.

"Anytime Jason" I said returning the smile. He was about to get out when he stopped and turned to face me.

"Do you have a cell phone?" he asked uneasily and I just smiled.

"Yes I do, why?" I asked playing dumb.

"Um..I uh, was wondering..If I could um..get your number" he said so low I could barley hear him. He was so cute when he was nervous.

"Sure" I said smiling like an idiot. I gave him my number and he gave me his. After that he got out and waved. I beeped and drove off. The whole way home I couldn't stop smiling. When I got home my parents cars weren't there. I was glad to have some quiet before they came home. I parked my car in the driveway and went upstairs to my room.

I changed into some sweatpants and a t-shirt before going downstairs to watch Tv. I turned in SpongeBob and laughed at all the corny jokes. Suddenly I felt my phone vibrate underneath me. I looked at my phone expecting it to be Beth but it was Jason.

"Thanks again for the ride home (:"

______________________________________
♠ ♠ ♠
My favorite chapter so far (:
Comment please.