Status: Active

My Heart Beats for Only You.

Chapter 6

Jason's POV

I made sure I got to school early. I didn't have a ride so I just walked. It was a nice day and the school wasn't that far away. I really just wanted to see Annie. When I walked in the school was pretty empty. Was I that early?

I walked to my empty locker. I mean what was I gonna put in it? There were some things in there, not a lot, only one notebook and a few books for my classes. I noticed everyone else had pictures of them with their friends and pictures of them with their boyfriend or girlfriends in their lockers. I looked back into my locker suddenly feeling empty. I had screwed my whole life up by doing stupid shit. By bombing places, taking innocent lives, hurting people who had no reason to be hurt. I didn't deserve to be happy or to have pictures of happy memories. I wish that I could take back everything that happened. All of it, because now looking back at it, it wasn't worth it. All I got out of it was a criminal record, yea that outta impress the ladies.

Ladies...girls...girl...Annie.

Annie. Did I deserve her? I can easily answer that..no. She deserves someone better than me. When she finds out about all the things I've done she probably won't even talk to me. What if she already knew? What if that's why she didn't answer me yesterday? Fuck, I hope not. I mean I'd tell her eventually but not now, I just met her.

I realized I have been staring into my locker for the past ten minuets thinking. If the bell didn't ring who knows how much longer I would have stood there. I started walking around the school. Trying to soak in all the hallways and the shortcuts to get to certain classes. About half way through my journey around the school I bumped into someone.

"Shit, sorry" I said looking at the person I bumped into. It was that girl that gave Annie a dirty look yesterday when we were leaving study. I think her name was Melissa or Mary, something like that. I was too busy with Annie to notice.

"Oh, don't worry about it" she said smiling at me and it kinda creeped me out. She wasn't attractive at all, well she was okay..I guess. She wore mounds of make-up and by the looks of it, she tanned a lot.

"Alright well, see ya" I said staring to walk off but she stopped me.

"You're that new kid...Jason, right" she said like she actually cared. I've dealt with girls like this before. They just wanna get down your pants.

"Uh, yea." I said to her. I honestly felt uncomfortable and wanted to go to class, look for Annie, do something other than be here with Mary-whatever her name is.

"Well since you're new here, maybe I could show you around sometime" she said in a flirty way. I bet there are guys here who would die for her to talk to them like that but I just wasn't feeling it. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"Yea, no thanks" I said and she looked shocked that I turned her down. I heard her friends snicker behind her and I just walked off. I pulled out my cell phone and saw it was a text from Annie. I instantly smiled.

"Sorry for not replying yesterday, I was busy. Meet me at my locker? I want you to meet someone :b"

I made my way to her locker and got kinda lost on the way but I found it. I saw her standing with a girl who had short black hair. Probably the person she wanted me to meet. I walked up to them trying to control my smile.

"Hey" I said quietly. I was nervous, me Jason McCann, was nervous to say hi to a girl. Damn, I was a wuss.

"Hey" Annie said happily. Was happy to see me? Probably not.

"Jason, this is my best friend Beth, Beth this is Jason" she motioned to the girl standing next to her. The girl, Beth, looked really shocked. She looked like she was gonna pass out or something. Seriously, whats up with the girls at this school? I heard Annie laughing at her friend. Her laugh was cute, just like she was.

"Is she okay?" I asked Annie while Beth just stared at me. I know I'm sexy but come on, staring is just rude.

"Yea she's fine, a little weird but she's fine" she said trying to stop laughing. Finally Beth stopped being a creep and said something.

"You're Jason McCann" Beth said like I was famous. It kinda scared me the way she said my name. It was like she knew who I was and what I had done. What if she did? What if she told Annie? Shit. I didn't know what to say, luckily Annie started talking.

"Beth can you stop acting like a creep" she said with a laugh.

"I'm sorry but he looks so much better than you described" she said with a smile.

"Beth!" Annie yelled in a whispered to Beth. It made me laugh, she was talking about me to her friends that's got to mean something. I looked at Annie with a smirk on my face, she just looked down and blushed. It became real awkward.

"Well, I'm gonna go to class, talk to you later Annie" Beth said walking away. Leaving me and Annie alone in the awkwardness.

"Sorry about that. I didn't think she'd be so...embarrassing" she said as I noticed her cheeks were still pink.

"Don't worry about it" I said and she smiled, which made me smile.

We walked to study and just talked all period. It was nice to talk to her. Halfway through the class I noticed that Marissa girl, I finally figured out her name, staring at me and Annie. There was something going on between them but I didn't really care. The class ended too fast for me and I had to wait until last period to see Annie again. I walked her to class before heading to English.

The rest of my classes went by pretty fast. I was now fifth period, I had math. One thing I was pretty good at considering I had to work with numbers when it came to bombing. I sat in the back, trying to not draw attention to myself.

"Hey Jason" I heard Beth say as she walked towards me.

"Hey" I said as she took the seat next to me. It turns out the teacher left early because of some family emergency, so we had a sub. I remember being little and loving going to class when there were substitutes. Beth started to talk to me and she wasn't as weird as she seemed this morning.

"So what's the deal with you and Annie?" she asked smiling. I tried to act like I didn't know what she was talking about.

"What are you talking about. We're friends. That's it" I wished we were more than friends though, I thought.

"That's bull! I saw you looking at her and trust me when I say she was looking back" she said amused by the whole thing. I was gonna just tell her I liked Annie but she was her best friend. She would probably tell her the first chance she got, but if I wanted to get to know Annie then who better to become friends with than her best friend?

As if reading my mind, Beth said "You can trust me, I won't tell her, or anyone". I still wasn't sure if I could trust her so I stayed quiet.

"Fine, if you won't tell me then I'll just tell you but you better not say I told you" she said glaring at me.

"I won't" I said getting curious about what she was gonna tell me.

"Okay well Annie really likes you. She called me yesterday all upset because she felt stupid for having feelings for you having known you a day. I was on the phone for hours as she went on and on about your hair and your laugh and your eyes, blah blah blah. I mean she's liked other guys before but there's something about the way she talks about you that's different. When I say she likes you I'm serious." Beth said and kept talking but I completely zoned out. She liked me. I couldn't help but smile. She kept talking about it so I thought I'd listen. There may be some interesting information that I could use.

"So since you won't tell me if you like her or not, it's in your hands now. If you like her ask her out or something. Actually, me and my boyfriend Tyler are going to the movies tomorrow night. You could ask her to the movies and we can double date. It won't be as awkward." she said with excitement. I didn't get to giver an answer because the bell rang. She told me to give her an answer later. I was still in shock. Annie liked me.

The next couple of periods my head was in a daze. It was like I was there but my mind wasn't. It was finally seventh period and I was so excited to see her now that I knew how she felt. When I got to class I saw Beth and Annie talking in the back of the class. A smiled spread across my face as I made my way to the empty seat in front of Annie. I sat down and felt Annie tap my shoulder. I turned around and saw Annie smiling at me. She looked lke she was going to say something but she just smiled at me and I found myself getting lost in her gorgeous green eyes.

Beth cleared her throat making Annie look away as her cheeks turned red for the second time today. I went to ask her if she was busy tomorrow. I was gonna try and go through with what Beth told me to do earlier. I liked the idea of the double date cause It wouldn't be awkward. Before I could ask the teacher came in and started talking.

I didn't get to talk to Annie at all during the class but soon the bell rang and I was glad I'd finally be able to talk to her. Beth, Annie and I started walking down the hall when Beth turned and started walking toward a guy I assumed to be her boyfriend. It finally gave me alone time with Annie.

"I feel like I haven't talked to you all day" Annie said opening her locker.

"Well your talking to me now" I said leaning on the lockers next to hers.

"haha yea I guess I am" she said as she went through the books in her locker. I noticed she had pictures from a photo booth on her locker door. They were of her and Beth.

"So, I was wondering. What are you doing tomorrow?" I asked as I felt myself getting nervous. If I was gonna ask her I was gonna do it now.

"Nothing, why?" she asked shutting her locker. She turned to face me with a smile on her face.

"Well I thought we could go see a movie or something" I said staying as calm as I could.

"I'd like that" she said as her smile got wider. She was adorable.

"Okay well I'll pick you up at like 8:30" I said as a smile broke out on my face.

"Sounds good" she said. Beth came over and her and Annie left. She offered me ride home but I said I'd walk. I had a lot to think about. I just asked out a girl I never thought would even look at me and here I was going on a date with her, well double date, but still a date.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, I don't really care for this chapter. It kinda sucks.

The next one will be better, promise.

Comment!