How I Met a Pirate

Caught Up

Footsteps echoed against the wooden walls of the brig on the ship Sea Warrior as two of the largest in the crew of the Sea Warrior dragged their prisoners down into the murky cell. they tossed them in then locked the door of the metal cell. Their footsteps got faint as they left and went back on deck with the rest of the crew and their Captain. Boards creaked as the ship swayed with the water and drips from the ceiling as the spray of the sea hit the deck upstairs. One of the prisoners had already made them selves at home while the other paced the small cell with impatience and worry.

"I'm not too sure that pacing will do you any good Love, unless you plan on wearing the wood away and swimming back to shore" Grumbled Jack as he pulled his hat down in front of his eyes and got ready for a nap.

"There has to be something we can do!"

"Get some sleep"

"I meant to escape!"

"What would be the point in escaping? Escaping to where? In case you haven't notice we are in the middle of the sea with an entire crew above our heads"

"You've lost your relaxed, humorous attitude Jack, something on your mind?"

"Yes-"

"Oh I see, I forgot you've been at sea for so many months with no female contact-"

"That" Jack said with a pause.

Jack lifted his hat from his eyes and looked up to me with his eyes twinkling and his famous charming smile.

"Can be dealt with" He grinned.

I rolled my eyes and sat down on the bench opposite.

"Jack" I sighed annoyed and put my head in my hands.

"Y'know you're lucky they either haven't noticed you're a woman or they don't like you, otherwise you'd be..." Jack then trailed off and bit the inside of his lip.

We sat in silence for a while.

"Although I do recall..." Jack said.

I waited, listening with such an intensity.

"...you promised me a story as to how you got on my ship"

I groaned.

"And, as you are a member of my crew and I am the Captain..." He hinted.

"Why is my story so interesting to you?"

"It's not, I just want something to pass the time...is it interesting?" He asked.

"I guess it depends on who's listening"

"Do tell then, we have plenty of time"

Sighing, I recalled all the events that had happened in my life. My story wasn't simple and it wasn't easy to talk about. I had a lot of loss in my life and I found out a lot about myself. It's been a scary journey, that has gotten me to where I am now, with Jack in a cell on the enemies ship.