Sequel: Ready to Start
Status: finished, but the story never ends. continuation soon.

Means the World

24.

The group had a fairly good life in France. They were happy and safe. The only thing Fred and George were missing was their family.

“Perhaps we could send your mum a letter telling her how we’re doing.” Elise said softly. “I know you want to hear from her.”

Fred sat down with a paper and pen.

Dear Mum, Dad, Ginny, and Muriel if she cares,

We’re all doing fine. We still can’t tell you where we are, but we’re all fine. We’re safe, well fed, and pretty happy, not going to lie. In our time here, we’ve created a few more lines of wizard wheezes; it’ll just be a while until we’re able to sell them properly. We just wanted to update you on how we’re doing. Yes, we’re eating well and we’re getting exercise and air. Hopefully when it’s safe enough, we’ll tell you where we’re at so you can visit us.

In other news, Elise and I have started planning the wedding. We were thinking of purple as our color; she reckons it looks good with red hair. Anyway, she’s already gotten a dress and we’ve decided on lilies for the flowers. We don’t quite care what the menu is; we just know that you’d like to be a part of choosing the food so we’ll wait until we’ll see you again.

Anyway, we hope that you’ve moved out of Muriel’s. It smells horrible there. Please send any news of Charlie, Bill, Fleur, Ron, Harry, and Hermione.

Love, Fred, George, and Elise


*~*~*~*

A week later, a letter arrived.

Dear Fred, George, and Elise

We’re glad to finally hear something from you three! We’ve been worried sick about you.

Things cleared up so we’re back at home. Ginny’s at school; as much as I hate to have her there, she’s required now. Anyway, we’re glad to see you (Fred) and Elise are doing the right thing by getting married, although we hoped that you would give us some warning before.
We’d love to be a part of the wedding.

Charlie is safe in Romania; he’s taken a muggle job at a zoo studying animals. He doesn’t like it as much as he enjoys his dragons, but it’s worth it to stay out of the wizarding world. Bill and Fleur are quite content up at Shell; they’ll be spending their Christmas holidays on their own.

There isn’t any news on Harry, Hermione, and Ron. They did break into the Ministry of Magic and stole something from Umbridge, but that’s all we know of them. We’re worried sick and hope for more information soon. Tonks is pregnant by the way. We’re not sure when she’s due as we haven’t seen her in a while, but we’ll update you on that soon.

Please come home for the holidays. It would give us peace of mind.

Love, Mum and Dad


Fred sighed. “We have to go home.”

George nodded. “We can’t stay here…just for the holidays.”

“What about Angelina, Alicia, and Lee?” Elise asked.

“We’ll be fine on our own.” Alicia said softly. “Molly’s probably dying without you three.”

“She probably wants to hear all about the wedding.” Lee said smiling.

It was early December at this time. Elise sighed.

“Perhaps a good month at home would be good.”

*~*~*~*

Molly was in the kitchen chopping carrots when she heard a pop in the garden. That wasn’t right; only a member of the family was able to apparate into the Burrow. Ron was with Harry and Hermione, Ginny was at school, and Arthur was home. She immediately dropped her knife and ran out into the garden, hoping to see who she was waiting for. She was right;
three figures were walking towards her-two, tall lanky red haired men, the latter holding a small curly haired girl’s hand.

“George! Fred! Elise!” she sobbed, hugging the three. She didn’t care it was freezing; she just wanted to hug her children.

“Hey Mum.” George said, smiling.

“We missed you.” Fred said.

“Terribly.” Elise added.

“Oh dears, come inside; your father will be waiting.” She said. They ran inside the house. “Arthur! Arthur! They’re home!” she yelled gleefully.

Arthur barreled down the stairs. “Boys! How dare you leave without a moment’s notice!” he yelped, hugging his sons. He then hugged Elise. “We were worried sick!”

They all sat down to dinner.

“Can you tell us where you’ve been?” Molly asked.

Elise sighed and nodded. “We’ve been living in France with Lee, Angelina, and Alicia.” She said. It’s safer for us there. We can walk outside without fear. We’re living far from where I used to live, so they wouldn’t suspect us there.” She said.

“And you’re planning a wedding now?” Molly yelped.

Fred grabbed Elise’s hand. “We want to wait some time…perhaps this spring.” He said.
“I’ve already got a dress.” Elise confessed.

“You’ll have to tell me everything.” Molly said gleefully.

Elise smiled. “Of course, Molly…we just want to wait some time.”

Molly smiled. “You’re finally becoming my daughter.”