Status: Active, but very slow updates!

The Air of a Flame

Chapter 4

*Trinity’s POV*

The guy leading the attack couldn’t have been any older than 16. He was dressed in Fire Nation gear, and was riding on top of a rhino. He was pretty muscular, but had a scar on the left side of his face. I wondered how he got that for a moment, before they starting setting the small village on fire.

“What are they doing?!” I whisper-shouted at Aang and Katara. We were currently hiding behind a rock, trying to see what was going on.

“They are looking for me.” Aang said sadly. I could tell her was very upset with himself for bringing danger upon these people. The Kyoshi Warriors, including Sokka, were fighting the Fire Nation, taking out a lot. They were heavily outnumbered, but seemed to be holding their ground. They even knocked some people, including Zuko, off of their rhinos. They began to surround Zuko, but he Firebended his way out and escaping.

“Nice try Avatar! But these little girls can’t save you!” Zuko called out to Aang. Suddenly, Aang jumped out of our hiding spot and ran over to Zuko.

“I’m here. Just stop destroying the village.” Aang said boldly. Zuko gave a short laugh before Firebending at Aang. He jumped up and dodged it before shooting a blast of air at Zuko. He dodged it, and tried to find a good angle on Aang before blasting another fireball at Aang. They kept this up for a while, neither being able to land a hit on the other, before Aang suddenly realized that their battle was bringing more destruction upon the small village of Kyoshi. Upset, he ran away from the fight and over to us.

“Katara! Trinity! What should I do? I need to get rid of Zuko, but if I fight him, the village will get more destroyed!” He said frantically. It seemed like a lose-lose situation.

“Well, if we leave the Firebenders will follow us right? So maybe we should just leave the island.” Katara said gently.

“I wish we had never come here.” Aang said angry with himself. “If we never came, then nothing bad would have happened to their village. It wouldn’t be on fire right now. And this is all because of me.”

“Oh Aang. It’s not entirely your fault. You didn’t mean for this to happen to them.” I said trying to cheer him up.

“Let’s just go, before I cause the whole village to burn down.” Aang replied.

“I’ll go find Sokka.” I said.

“Okay. But come back soon, I want to leave as soon as possible.” Aang said. I ran through the battlefield to where Sokka and the Kyoshi Warriors were fighting.

“Sokka! Come on! We have to go!” I yelled at Sokka.

“Wait! I can’t leave Suki!” Sokka screamed back at me while fighting off a soldier.

“Sokka just go! The Avatar needs you!” Suki said to him.

“I won’t leave you!” Sokka screamed at her. “At least, not without apologizing to you.”

“What do you have to apologize for Sokka?” Suki asked him confused.

“I didn’t treat you like I should have. I just treated you like a girl just another girl instead of a warrior. I’m sorry.” Sokka said to her sincerely.

“Oh Sokka,” Suki said. Out of nowhere, Suki kissed him on the cheek. “Even though I am a warrior, I am still a girl too.” When she kissed him, Sokka started to blush.

“Let’s go Sokka!” I said to him, trying not to ruin the moment. But Aang had wanted to leave as soon as possible.

“Go.” Suki urged him. With one last look at her, Sokka turned towards me and started running to Appa. Suki went back to fighting alongside her fellow warriors to try and buy us some time. Sokka was running in front, with me running a few feet behind him. When we were about to turn the corner to where Appa and the others were, someone grabbed me from behind. Sokka, however, didn’t notice and kept on running.

“Not so fast.” An unfamiliar voice said in my ear. I turned slightly and saw a scar on the side of my capturer’s face. It was Zuko. A scream starting building in my throat, but before I could get it out, he covered my mouth with his hand. I started squirming in his arms, but his grip on me held firm. Zuko took a step around the corner, showing Aang and the others that he had me. Aang had a look of fear and fury on his face, but just before he was about to jump out of the saddle, Katara grabbed him.

“There is no time for you and Zuko to get into another fight.” I heard her say to Aang, but he was trying to get out of her grip.

“Let her go, Zuko!” Aang screamed furiously. He had stopped moving, but was glaring daggers at Zuko.

“Oh, is she important to you Avatar? I guess I’ll just have to keep her then.” He replied cruelly. I screamed through his hands and started wriggling more than I was before. I gave a scared look to Aang, who looked back at me with the same look. Before he could do anything though, Katara stopped him again.

“We have to go Aang!” She said.

“We can’t just leave her with him!” He screamed at her.

“Well, we don’t have time. They are burning down their entire village Aang. We have to stop them!” Katara said back, reminding him of why they were running. Aang looked back and forth between us, stuck between saving me or the village. But before I see his decision, Zuko started pulling me away. I started screaming louder, and Aang looked back at me. Sokka, not waiting for Aang to decide what to do, had gotten Appa to start flying. Before I had lost sight of him completely, I heard Aang yell out.

“I’ll come get you Trinity! I’ll get you back!” He screamed at me. “Don’t worry. I’ll get you back!

I could see the fear and determination in his eyes, before he completely left my sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the next chapter! Comments? Advice? =]

I want to thank rika4001 for commenting on this story. It made my day! =]