‹ Prequel: Get It Right
Sequel: Go Your Own Way
Status: Finished

Turning Tables

.01

“Bliss?" Brian’s voice echoed in the empty tour bus. It’s been over a decade since we finally admitted our love for one another and we’ve never been apart since. Though things in our lives have gotten better, they haven’t changed. The boys started a band; they became successful and grew to be really famous. Cole got pregnant before Prom and gave Matt a little girl; they broke up a year after Adele was born. Keran got her chance with Zacky after high school ended and truthfully, they never have left each other’s side. Johnny and Joss were together for seven years before he cheated on her one drunken night and they broke up. Jimmy and Rebecca ended up becoming best friends with benefits and to this day, they are still good friends. Brian and I? Well, things have been great. We have had our rough patches but we always work through it. We have two kids together; Danielle who is nine and Jacoby who is six and we have another one on the way.

“Well, Matt’s at the store,” I answered my sister who called just to bitch me out since she couldn’t get in touch with her ex-boyfriend.

“Adele has a softball game next weekend and she wants him to come to one,” Cole’s tone was shitty but I didn’t expect it to be any different, she thought I picked Matt’s side over hers.

“Bliss?” Brian called out again, seconds before he walked into the bunk room and found me on the phone.

“I’ll tell him, Cole. Tell Adele I love her,” I told her, trying to be short with her for a reason.

“I will,” she said and then with a sneer in her voice, she added just for spite. “Tell Matt not to bring the slut when he comes to see his daughter, bye.”

“She’s so fucking nice,” I glared at my phone as I ended the call. I glanced up at Brian and frowned. “We used to be so close.”

“She’s jealous of Val,” Brian shrugged and sat down on the edge of the bunk beside me. “Where are Dani and Jake?”

“With Matt and Val, they took the kids out for ice cream and to the park,” I answered with a smile.

“Are you okay?” Brian asked softly, grabbing my hands in his calloused ones.

“I just miss the old days, I miss Cole, I miss Joss and Rebecca, and I miss how at home we used to be. Matt isn’t happy anymore, Johnny hates his girlfriend and I just miss the old days,” I shrugged and leaned against Brian.

“I do too,” Brian sighed and held me close to his heart. He rubbed his hands up and down my arm, comfortingly. “I say after this tour, we take a long break and get back to our roots.”

“I would like that,” I smiled up at Brian and laid my head back down on his chest. “I’m glad we’re still together, Bri.”

“I don’t know what I’d do without you, Blister,” Brian said softly, I glanced back up at him and found him staring down at my face. “I love you, baby.”

“I love you too,” I laughed softly and leaned up to kiss him when the front door to the bus slammed open.

“Mommy look what I got!” I heard Jake shout and then a noise that signaled a fall.

“Way to go, moron! Mom, he broke the present!” Danielle shouted after a heavily dramatic sigh.

“Let’s go see,” Brian mumbled as he helped me stand up.

“What happened? Oh Jacoby,” I hurried to the dark haired boy sprawled out on the ground. He was trying to pick up pieces of a broke picture frame. “Don’t touch that baby. Oh shit- Brian, he’s cut himself.”

“Jacoby, you know better than to touch that,” Brian bent down beside me to study his six year olds hands. “How many times have we told you to never touch glass if it’s broken?”

“A lot,” he mumbled pitifully. “I was just gonna put it back together for the baby.”

Brian picked up the frame and we stared in awe at the sonogram picture of the baby in the frame that held little inscriptions on the plating, such as little brother and special gift on the edges. “Oh buddy, its okay,” Brian turned back to Jacoby and smiled. “Uncle Matt and I will glue it and get some more glass; we’ll fix it, okay?”

“Okay,” Jacoby looked at the broken pieces pitifully. “I’m sorry for breaking it, Dani.”

“Tell him its okay,” I nudged Danielle’s shoulder, she glanced up at me and rolled her eyes before she turned back to Jacoby.

“Its fine, Jacoby,” she shrugged her shoulders. “Dad’ll fix it for us.”

“Sissy’s right,” Brian patted Jacoby on the shoulder with the hand that wasn’t stacking up the broken glass pieces. “Now go with mommy and clean your hands up, let her make sure the cuts aren’t too deep.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. I want to thank everyone who subscribed to this, 18 of you before I even had the first chapter up. Thank you so much.

Comments appreciated.

New Banner