‹ Prequel: Get It Right
Sequel: Go Your Own Way
Status: Finished

Turning Tables

.20

“When your father and I were eighteen, your father was pushed out on the lake on his air mattress, he woke up with a snake around his leg,” I laughed at the erupting laughter that followed.

“Oh give them ideas,” arms wrapped around my waist and Brian was laughing with me.

“Listen to them laughing,” I handed him the phone and laid my head back against his chest.

“What happened?” Brian asked and intensely listened and then started laughing so hard that I vibrated against his chest. “He screamed like a girl? Aw, how cute. Did he wake you guys up?”

“Of course he screamed like a girl,” I snorted and nudged his arm. “Its Johnny.”

“I’ll kick his ass for you babe, go get in bed you little rugrats. I love you both, here’s mommy,” he handed me the phone and wrapped his arms around me tightly and laid his head on my shoulder. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I smiled softly and put the phone to my ear. “Yes, it is bedtime, Danielle. I love you both, listen to Matt and Cole or I’ll take away your shopping privileges.”

“We’ve spoiled them to death,” Brian chuckled and kissed my neck softly.

“I like that we have, at least they’ve never had to want,” I shrugged my shoulders and turned around in his arms. “I love you to death, Brian Haner.”

“Junior,” he corrected and then winked. “I love you Bliss Haner.”

~*~*~*~*~

“I don’t remember what the band name was but that kid had arms like an octopus, they were everywhere,” while Jimmy dramatically explained his experience, he flung his arms around to the beat of an imaginary drum.

“I think you’re talking about that band from Florida,” Zacky commented as Danielle hopped into his lap, he glanced over at me and waved his hand around. “What was the name of that band, the lead singer had pink hair.”

“I don’t think I was there for that,” I shrugged my shoulders and watched as Jacoby snuck up behind Jimmy and poured ice down the back of his shirt. I laughed along with everyone else when Jimmy came up out of his seat like he had been set on fire.

“Gah, your kid is the devil!” Jimmy threw the pieces of ice after Jacoby, though he was already inside before the ice even hit the ground.

“Don’t throw shit at my kid,” Brian muttered as he walked up with the fully stocked cooler of beer. “Ease up on the drinks, we still have all night. I’m not making any drunk runs to the liquor store.”

“What’s the use, we’ll be here until tomorrow anyways,” Matt grumbled as he popped the top of his beer. “The studio is hell and we are the hellhounds.”

“It could be worse, at least we don’t have any newborns,” Keran laughed and looked around at everyone, who nodded their heads in agreement. “No screaming and crying babies, at least we have that one blessing.”

“I kind of miss it,” Brian took a sip from his can and pulled Adele into his lap when she tried to run past him. “I liked having a new baby, a reason to panic about every little thing.”

“Brian Haner,” we all looked up when a man dressed in a black suit walked in the door to the studio, he leaned across Keran who was beside Brian and handed him a manila folder. “You’ve been served.”

“Oh what the hell did I do now?” he grumbled as he opened up the envelope. I bit my lip and laid my head back, readying myself for the fight that was about to erupt. I knew he’d need a reason, I knew they all would need a reason but I couldn’t give them a reason, besides I didn’t believe I deserved Brian anymore. He deserved better.

“What is it? I bet it’s from the last time you cussed out that photographer,” Johnny claimed, pointing frantically around.

“What is it, Brian?” Cole asked when she noticed the panic in his face and the blood drain from his face.

“Brian?” Matt called out when Brian sat the papers on the table and stood up. He glanced at him before he reached across the table and grabbed them for himself.

“What is it?” Zacky asked, confused.

“I’ve been served,” Brian answered his face bright red and his eyes glossy. He glanced down at me and shook his head. “With divorce papers.”

“Why?” Matt’s wide eyes turned from Brian to me, I didn’t look away though.

“I’m pregnant,” I glanced up from my feet and lazily looked over at Brian. “And it’s not yours.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Should there be a sequel? Let me know.

Banner