‹ Prequel: Get It Right
Sequel: Go Your Own Way
Status: Finished

Turning Tables

.19

“This is so relaxing,” I closed my eyes and basked in the soft breeze that caressed my face softly. “I haven’t been this relaxed in a very long time.”

“We haven’t ever been to the Bahamas,” Brian softly mumbled, he was half asleep in the hammock that we slowly rocked with the wind.

“I’m relaxed with myself and with you, I haven’t been relaxed with either one in a long time,” I explained myself. “I feel okay, with not hating myself right now and I feel good enough to be seen with you, because I feel we make a good couple.”

“No shit, it’s taken you a decade to realize that?” he asked sleepily, I stared at him for a minute and then slapped his chest. “Ow.”

“I love you,” I smiled and leaned against his chest, he chuckled and nodded his head.

“You better, you bitch,” he smiled and licked his lips absently. “I have a strong urge to get you drunk and have sloppy sex with you.”

“You don’t have to get me drunk to screw you,” I laughed at what we had turned into a joke.

“Yeah but it seems like a better idea,” he shrugged his shoulders and nodded his head towards the bar off the shore. “Fits the situation.”

“Ah what the hell?” I shrugged and climbed off of him very carefully so I wouldn’t flip the hammock. We walked up to the bar holding hands, we sat beside each other and ordered our favorites, his was a plain beer and I had a margarita. Our soft conversation about how nice it was to be away from all the stress was interrupted by a beautiful brunette girl walking over in a pretty animal print bikini with a scarf wrapped around her waist, she walked up and put her hands on her very curvy hips.

“Brian Haner and Bliss Cunningham?” she asked happily.

“Bliss Haner actually, do we know you?” Brian asked pulling his beer bottle from his lips; he turned to the beautiful tanned woman and raised his eyebrows.

“You don’t remember me?” the girl looked between us with a smile. “I made your life a living hell for like, a year. It’s me, Trish.”

“Oh hell,” I stared at the woman with wide eyed. “What are you doing here?”

“I live here, with my husband,” she chuckled and waved her hand, a second later a tall dark man stood beside her with a beautiful smile on his lips. “This is Darius, Darius this is two people I went to school with, Bliss and her husband Brian.”

“It’s nice to meet you,” the man had a Bahamian accent, he leaned forward and held his hand out to shake Brian’s and he kissed the back of mine. “Were you and my dove close?”

“Not really,” I answered with a soft and nervous smile. “But we didn’t hang out with a lot of people.”

“We were loners,” Brian continued for me.

"What are you two doing here?" Trish asked, friendly.

"We're actually having our second honeymoon," I explained with a soft smile. "Even though we've been married for a decade, we don't get many chances to get away from the kids."

"You have kids? How many?How old? What's their names?" she was excited as she sat down across from me.

"We have two, nine and six, Danielle and Jacoby," Brian answered, squeezing my middle with his arm around my waist.

"How cute, I love their names," she smiled contently.

"Thank you," we both answered.

“Well, if your around for a couple more days, you should stop by our house and we can have a cookout, catch up on things,” Trish smiled brightly and nodded her head happily.

“We’ll have to do that,” Brian agreed with a short nod and brought his drink to his lips.

“I’ll be right back, I have to call the kids,” I told Brian before I stood up, I walked towards the beach after giving Trish a soft smile, I didn’t feel like holding a grudge against her while being in such a good mood. “Hi Babies!”

“Mom!” Danielle and Jacoby shouted into the phone, I chuckled and dug my toes into the sand.

“How’s it going, kiddos?” I asked softly, expecting a full on story about how something dramatic happened between Jacoby and something sharp or something to do with Jimmy.

“It’s awesome, uncle Matt took us fishing at that lake you used to go to as a kid. We’re camping until Friday,” Danielle explained so Jacoby wouldn’t spend ten minutes trying to get it out, he stuttered when he was excited.

“Uncle Jimmy got a hook caught in his arm!” Jacoby shouted so loud I had to take the phone away from my ear. “It was so funny, momma. He yelled and cussed and danced around and almost fell in the lake but Aunt Lee caught him before he went in.”

“Aunt Leana had to get pliers,” Danielle chuckled as she added to the story. “And Uncle Johnny is sleeping on an air mattress, uncle Zacky, Jimmy and Matt floated him into the middle of the lake last night.”

“Want to know a secret?” I asked softly, knowing they would love to hear my adventure story.

“What?” Danielle asked at the same time Jacoby said ‘huh’
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Now's the time to comment because I only have one more chapter left. And its a shocker!