Open Your Eyes

013

Alyssa had just finished changing out of her work clothes and into a pair of jeans and her Tomas Kopecky jersey when Aimee knocked on her office door. A smile stretched across the raven-haired woman’s face as she greeted her best friend, dressed similarly in jeans and her Jonathan Toews jersey. It was clear the brunette was excited for the game more than usual; it was Marian Hossa’s first home game as a Blackhawk, after all. Leaving their coats and purses locked in the office, the two women headed up to the fan-filled concourse, smiles spread wide as they took in the familiar sights, sounds, and smells of the United Center, alive with excitement for the game against the Blue Jackets.

After stopping for beers at the concession stand, the girls walked into the arena just in time for warm-ups to start. The Blackhawks skated onto the ice to a loud chorus of cheers from the not quite full arena, and Aimee glanced at Alyssa to see a wide smile on her face as she looked at the ice. Following her eyes, she realized her best friend’s gaze was locked on Marian as he skated around the ice. She rolled her eyes, but inside she was smiling. If only Alyssa would realize she should be with the Slovakian instead of Ben Eager, Aimee and Tomas’ job would be a lot easier. It was the one thing the two could agree on.

“Want to go make sex-eyes at Rick Nash?” Aimee asked, pointing toward the other end of the ice where the visiting team was warming up.

“Oh, you know it!” Alyssa agreed, following Aimee down the steps toward the glass. As they shuffled along the first row, the girls sent waves at some of the guys who had seen them, laughing at their faces of confusion as they settled by the Jackets’ end. “They’re all jealous, Aimee.”

“They should be,” she laughed, taking a sip of her beer as Rick Nash skated toward them and began to stretch. “Ah, it’s like he knows we came to ogle him.”

“As did Jared Boll,” Alyssa added, biting her lip as the enforcer came to a stop next to Rick and began to stretch too. “I do like the fighters,” she added, making Aimee roll her eyes, as the player looked up and caught the brunette’s gaze, giving her a smile. “Damn, he’s gorgeous.”

“Say it louder. I don’t think he heard you.”

Alyssa snorted, taking a long drink of her beer. They stood at the visiting end for a few more minutes before they headed back to their seats, making sure they sent waves at the guys again. The United Center was filled up, over twenty thousand fans crammed in, when the buzzer for the end of warm-ups went off and the ice was cleared.

The first period was pretty standard as far as hockey went; a couple penalties and one goal, a wrist shot from Kris Versteeg, putting the Blackhawks at the early advantage. The second had been a different story, and the Blue Jackets had notched two, taking the lead. When it looked like the period was going to end with the Hawks in a point deficit, Patrick Sharp caught a pass from Marian Hossa, sending one into the back of the net. Alyssa and Aimee jumped to their feet as they watched the boys celebrate on the ice as the Madhouse on Madison lived up to its name.

The crowd cheered again when it was announced that Marian had officially gotten the assist. Just like that, the man who had so many weary about his signing had ignited the crowd and gained thousands more fans. Alyssa grinned as she watched him skate back to the bench. “So happy for him,” she told Aimee, making her best friend laugh.

“I know you are.”

The start of the third period had everyone excited. Though the score was tied, the Blackhawks had the advantage with the late second period goal. Just as quickly as the period started, however, Kris Russell of the Blue Jackets notched a goal just forty seconds into the period, silencing the Blackhawks fans. “Such a buzz kill,” Aimee commented. “Fuck that kid.”

Again, as the period was beginning to wind down, the Blackhawks were still down by a goal. The fans were getting more nervous with every second that passed and their team didn’t tie it up. “As much as I hate overtime,” Alyssa started. “I’m going to need one of the boys to get a goal.” Aimee nodded her head in agreement as they watched the men fly down the ice, the puck on Marian’s stick yet again. “Come on,” she whispered, sucking in her breath as Aimee’s hand clutched her knee.

Jonathan Toews got Marian’s pass easily, skating toward the goal before releasing it with a wrist shot. The horn sounded and the light flashed, and again the place erupted. “Marian Hossa,” Aimee yelled, holding her beer in the air as the girls traded high fives with the fans around them. “I fucking love him!”

“Me too!” Alyssa yelled, wrapping her arms around Aimee as they danced to their favorite song, Chelsea Dagger. “Welcome to Chicago, Mar,” she said under her breath as the announcement of his second assist of the night sounded throughout the arena. A few minutes later, the final horn sounded and the arena seemed to groan, knowing they were going into overtime.

“I hate overtime,” Alyssa added again. “It makes me nervous.”

“Better than a shootout,” Aimee laughed as they got in line for another beer, their fourth of the night, always having one for each period.

“Don’t jinx it!” Alyssa scolded as they moved forward in the line.

“Whatever. I’m going to the restroom; meet you back at the seats.”

Nodding, the brunette stepped forward in line again with a sigh. She was still a few people from the counter. Whipping out her Blackberry, she checked over a couple missed texts and emails she’d gotten while the game was going on.

“This is my least favorite thing about the game,” she heard from behind her. Turning, she caught site of an attractive guy, probably about her age smiling down at her. “Sorry,” he laughed. “I always feel the need to start up conversations in line. Like I said, I hate it.” Alyssa smiled, quick to agree with him. “Nice jersey you got there,” he continued.

“Ah, yeah, Kopy’s my favorite,” she laughed. “He’s such a bastard sometimes. I can’t resist it.”

The guy laughed. “You sound like you know him personally or something.” She grinned, pulling her ID badge out from under her jersey, watching the guy’s eyes widen at the site of it. “Oh shit, you do!”

Moving to the counter, she ordered two beers and bid the guy a goodnight before she headed back to her seats, Aimee already there and waiting for her. “I cut in front of like, twenty women in the bathroom line. I just yelled ‘emergency.’”

“You are such a troll. You’re taking after Tomas.”

“Shut your mouth.”

The girls sat on the edge of their seats as second after second of OT ticked by, and no goals were scored. Both teams were skating hard, and some pretty big hits were being tossed around. As the clock neared just thirty seconds until a shootout, Aimee and Alyssa along with the rest of the twenty thousand in attendance, stood on their feet loudly cheering for their team. When the buzzer sounded as the five minutes elapsed, the action on the ice was far from over.

Tomas Kopecky got into the face of Antoine Vermette, shoving each other back and forth as their teammates began to rough each other, too. The refs dove between them, separating the two hot players, making the crowd boo and jeer. Let them go!, a popular phrase being thrown around. Alyssa glanced at Aimee with a smirk. The young woman’s eyes were wide and her mouth hung open as she watched Tomas get escorted off the ice. “Oh shit,” she cursed. “Is it hot in here?” she asked, fanning a hand over her face.

“It’s a fucking hockey arena, Aimee. Just admit you want on Tomas like a—”

“Don’t even,” the slightly older girl warned, pointing a finger at Alyssa’s face. “I fucking hate you.” Alyssa only laughed.

Kristian Huselius and Jonathan Toews came up empty in the first round of the shootout, and Rick Nash was just as successful in the second. Taking the ice for the Hawks, Marian Hossa stood at center ice, waiting for the referee’s whistle. Alyssa grabbed onto Aimee’s arm as he skated up the ice, the puck on his stick, easily getting it behind Steve Mason and into the net. “Fuck yeah!” she yelled, hugging Aimee tightly. “That’s what I’m talking about!”

Unfortunately, Jakub Voracek had been successful as well and it was up to Patrick Kane and Derick Brassard who were cued for the third round. “I hate shootouts,” Aimee sighed as their attempts were stopped by both goalies. “Especially extra rounds.”

And extra rounds there were. Various Blackhawks and Blue Jackets failed to put the puck in the back of the net through seven more rounds of the shootout, bringing the ground total to ten. The crowd was literally shaking with anticipation as both Steve Mason and Cristobal Huet refused to be the goalie to let one in. “This is fucking nuts,” someone yelled from a few rows back, making the girls laugh.

“Oh, Brent Seabrook,” Aimee laughed. “If he makes this, I’m going to kiss him.”

They watched with held breath as he powered up the ice toward Steve Mason, flicking his wrist as he rapidly approached the goal. It seemed like the whole arena was silent for a second before the horn went off and the place erupted. “I’m holding you to that!” Alyssa yelled, wrapping her arms around Aimee as they jumped up and down.

The second the mad dog-pile on the ice cleared, the girls rushed from their seats and down the locker room. The second they were through the door of the lounge, they caught sight of Coach Q, who waved them into the locker room. Running at practically full speed, Aimee ducked into the room first, launching herself at Brent Seabrook and planting a kiss on his lips as the locker room hooted and hollered. “I said I was going to if you scored!” she yelled, laughing as the lovable defensemen swung her around.

Alyssa hadn’t paid much attention, though. She threw herself onto Marian, and he easily caught her despite the surprise. She hugged him tightly, smacking a big kiss to his cheek as he laughed. “Such an amazing game!” she told him, kicking her legs as he held her in the air. “I’m so happy you’re playing,” she squealed, pressing her lips to his cheek again.

“I am too,” he told her. “Too bad I couldn’t get you a goal.”

“I don’t even care! I’m just happy you’re playing. I need to get myself a Hossa jersey,” she grinned, jumping down from his arms and running a hand through her short, brown bob. “Make it happen,” she demanded with a smile, hitting him against his chest as she headed toward the other side of the locker room, where Ben sat.

He gave her an odd look as she plopped herself onto the bench next to him. “Well, that was interesting,” he commented, his voice stiff. Alyssa waved him off, amused he seemed to be jealous of the relationship between her and the friendly Slovakian. She turned to her right where she saw Tomas a few lockers down. His eyes were locked across the room where Aimee still stood with Brent, his arms still wrapped around her.

Sliding over to him, Alyssa hit his knee and his eyes snapped away to look at her. “I thought Aimee had something going on with Burish,” he commented, his voice void of any emotion like Ben’s had been. Alyssa rolled her eyes.

“Aimee doesn’t have anything going on with any of the guys, Tomas. If you’d stop being an asshole to her, you could have something going on with her.” Before he could respond, Alyssa stood up without another word, grabbed Aimee, and left the locker room.

---

Alyssa woke up to a pair of lips kissing along her bare collarbone, and she smiled. Her dark brown eyes fluttered open slightly, adjusting to the bright light as she looked up to see Ben Eager’s trademark smirk just inches above her. “Morning,” he mumbled, nuzzling against her neck as she wrapped her arms around his muscular body, her fingers running up and down his bare back.

“Morning,” she smiled, pushing her hair from her face. A glance at the clock told her it was almost noon, however. Her and Ben had a habit of sleeping in. She bit her lip as Ben ran his hands along her bare sides, grabbing at her hips as he placed a gentle kiss on her lips. It wasn’t the first time she’d been woken up in a similar way, and she found it got more and more pleasurable every time.

The two and a half weeks after the now infamous eleven round shootout game had passed quickly, earning the Blackhawks more wins than losses in mostly home games. The guys were playing their best hockey, and the fans were enjoying every second of it. Despite the busy schedule, the team was well rested and relaxed. There was no room to be stressed out when they were winning almost all of their games.

After a home win against the Bruins the night before, Ben had taken Alyssa out to dinner, something that had become something of a routine for them. She was being swept off her feet; that much she was sure of. She sighed as Ben slid off of the bed, taking the few steps into the master bathroom and giving her a might nice view of his ass. She laughed and ran her hands over her face, climbing out after him and throwing her jeans and shirt from the night before on. She threw her bra and panties into her purse and slipped into her boots before shuffling into the bathroom, slapping a hand against Ben’s bare ass.

“I’ll see you later,” she told him, referring to the Blackhawks’ holiday party later that day. When he smiled and nodded, toothbrush in his mouth, she quickly kissed his cheek before letting herself out of his condo.

When she reached her place, Aimee was in the kitchen making herself lunch. She raised her eyebrows as her roommate dropped her things at the door and flung herself onto a chair at the table. “Hungry?” she asked the brunette.

“Starving.”

“Tired?”

“Exhausted.”

Aimee laughed, sliding a sandwich in front of Alyssa before grabbing her own and sitting down across from her. She took a small bite as she watched the disheveled woman take large bites, filling her empty stomach. She shook her head, obviously concerned for her best friend. She knew Alyssa had been wanting something to happen with Ben Eager for a long time, and now that it finally was, Aimee wasn’t so sure it was a good thing.

“Another night at Ben’s?” Aimee asked, taking a sip of her lemonade. Alyssa shrugged, giving a shy smile as Aimee flicked her brown eyes over the woman’s appearance. “Alyssa, what’s going on with you guys?”

“I don’t know,” the brunette sighed. “We’re not super serious or anything, but I’d like to think it’s going that way.”

“Oh?” Aimee asked, raising her eyebrows again.

“You know I’ve had a thing for Ben since forever, and I’m just happy we’re more than friends now. I don’t want to push him or anything.”

Aimee sighed. “I know, Lyss. I’m just worried that you’re in it more than he is.”

“I am, too,” she admitted. “But, Ben’s a sweetheart. He wouldn’t lead me on like that, just for sex or anything.”Aimee nodded, watching as Alyssa stood from the table with her plate and placed it in the sink. “I’m going to take a nap before I have to get ready for tonight, okay?”

Aimee nodded, smiling at the girl. Pulling her tired body into her bedroom, it wasn’t long before Alyssa passed out in her clothes and on top of her covers.

A few hours later, the raven haired woman had been putting her hair up in a messy up-do when she heard Alyssa get into the shower. Smiling that she hadn’t had to wake her up, she finished off her hair in a few minutes, letting a few black strands fall against her face. She started work on her makeup, going for a slightly dramatic silver and black eye look to go with her dress. She left it to hang on the back of her door a little longer, keeping her robe on as she followed Alyssa into her bedroom as she left the shower.

“Oh, you look gorgeous,” she said, catching sight of Aimee.

“Thanks,” she smiled, grabbing a black nail polish from the girl’s vanity, taking a spot on the bed as she watched Alyssa blow dry her short hair and style it like she always wore it. With it so short, she didn’t have many options. When her hair was finished, she did her makeup, making Aimee smile as she put gold eye shadow on, knowing it would go perfectly with her dress. With her nails already done gold, she had nothing to do but slide into the dark pink, strapless dress she had picked out for the party.

Aimee zipped it up as Alyssa adjusted it and looked over herself. The sweetheart neck plunged low, giving her a good amount of cleavage above where a thick band of dark pink and gold jewels circled around the dress just under her bust. The shirt was pleated and flowy, the silk moving like water with every step she took. Sliding into a pair of gold pumps, Alyssa moved into Aimee’s room to help the woman into her dark purple, form fitting, one shouldered number that was sure to knock some socks off.

“Ready?” Alyssa asked as they stood in front of the door, their coats on and their purses in their hands.

“You bet your ass I am,” Aimee responded as she swung the door open and headed toward the lobby of their building, where a cab waited to take them to the night of partying that awaited them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another long one! Things with Alyssa and Ben are heating up, unfortunately for Marian. Tomas and Aimee are still stubborn as all heck too! The next one is even longer and has alllll the goodness of the Christmas party in it!

Basically, we were happy with the amount of comments going back up so we wanted to post soon! Comments = updates! We're working on new chapters now, so hopefully it won't be too long until we update again! Please comment!

<3 alyssa