Open Your Eyes

007

The month of October had turned into a winning one for the Chicago Blackhawks. With only two games left in the month before a five day break, the team had notched only three losses since their return from Europe. Their success on the ice, Alyssa and Aimee could only guess, was due to how close the team was and how much they were bonding with each other. It was plain to see whenever they hung out with the boys, just how much they were becoming a family.

The girls sat across from each other at a small diner, Ben Eager and Adam Burish at their sides. The group of four, who had been nearly inseparable the previous season realized their time together so far this season had been minimal. The boys had noticed, however, that the girls had been seeing a lot of Tomas Kopecky and Marian Hossa. Not that they could blame the girls; the Slovaks were great guys and fit in nicely with the team. They just missed their time with Alyssa and Aimee and were working to correct it.

“You girls are coming to Sopel’s Halloween party, right?” Ben asked as they left the diner, aimlessly walking down the sidewalk of the street they were on.

“Of course!” Aimee laughed. “I can’t wait to see what all the guys choose to be!”

“What about you girls?” Adam asked. “Got costumes yet?”

“Got them a few days ago,” Alyssa confirmed, folding her arms in front of her chest, her thin cardigan not doing enough to keep her warm as the cool air whipped around her. Ben wordlessly wrapped an arm around her, his large hand rubbing up and down her bicep as he pulled her into him. Grinning, she looked up at him and mumbled a small thank you.

In fact the girls had spent weeks trying to find Halloween costumes. Not knowing what the definite plans for the night were didn’t matter. They knew they’d need outfits, and they wanted to have good and sexy ones. “Care to share what they are?” Adam asked, wiggling his eyebrows as they walked toward the girls’ apartment.

“I think we should keep it a surprise, don’t you?” Alyssa said, turning toward Aimee as the boys frowned. They came to a stop outside of their apartment building, just as Alyssa’s phone began to ring from inside her purse. Digging it out quickly, she couldn’t help but smile when she saw the name on the screen.

“Who is it?” Aimee asked.

“Tomas,” she replied, quickly answering it. “Hey,” she greeted. “I’m on my way up to my apartment now, can I call you back?” When Alyssa nodded after a few seconds of silence, Aimee, Adam, and Ben knew he agreed.

“Thanks for dinner,” the raven-haired girl smiled. “We have to do it more, because we miss Alyssa, Aimee, Adam, and Ben time.”

“We do, too,” Adam agreed, wrapping his arms around Aimee’s body, moving to Alyssa after a few seconds. Bidding the boys a goodbye, they headed into their building and up to their apartment. As soon as they entered, Alyssa had her phone to her ear, no doubt calling Tomas back. Aimee rolled her eyes and put their leftovers in the fridge.

When she walked into Alyssa’s pink and girly bedroom, she was off the phone. “What did Tomas want?” she asked, curious.

“He wanted to know if we ate. He wanted us to join him and Marian. He was bummed when I told him Adam and Ben had treated us.”

“Of course your Slovakian boyfriends were bummed out, Alyssa.”

The brunette rolled her eyes, kicking off her heels and peeling off her jeans, shoving her friend out of her bedroom as she changed into something baggy and warm, ready for a night of watching TV and not moving an inch. The season was already wearing her out.

---

Alyssa’s heels clicked as she walked through the hallways of the United Center. She came to a stop and knocked on her boss’s door. When he called for her to come in, Alyssa greeted him with a friendly smile and a manila folder. “The reports you asked for,” she told him, placing them on the edge her desk.

He smiled, “Miss Black, I can always rely on you.”

“Of course you can, sir,” she nodded.

“You’re staying for the game tonight?” he asked, knowing she usually did. When she nodded and grinned, he added, “Have fun!” Telling him to have a good weekend, she left his office, heading back toward hers. Though, before she did, she turned and headed toward the boys locker room, knowing most would already be warming up for the game. She had almost forgotten to stop and see Tomas as he had asked her to do.

As she approached she heard the distinct sound of a soccer ball being kicked around, and immediately she knew that was where she’d find Tomas. She smoothed her dark purple, button down blouse as she turned the corner. The soccer ball rolled across the floor, coming straight toward her. Lifting a black trouser covered leg, Alyssa stopped the ball with her high-heeled foot before bending down to pick it up.

“I think this is yours,” she said, tossing the ball back to Andrew Ladd before greeting the group of guys in the hallway.

“Hey,” Tomas laughed. “I was beginning to think you’d forgotten about me!”

“Never,” Alyssa grinned, pulling out of the bear hug Dustin Byfuglien had wrapped her in. “What did you need me for?”

“I have something for you,” he told her, grabbing her hand and pulling her into the locker room. “Hope everyone’s decent,” he called, not stopping as he continued to pull Alyssa toward his locker.

“You have to stop getting me shit!” she exclaimed as everyone turned their attention toward the pair. “Oh hey, Ben!” she smiled, waving her free hand in his direction. He was dressed in a suit, not playing that night because of a minor injury. He smiled back, before returning to his conversation with one of the trainers.

“Here,” Tomas said, reaching into his bag to pull out Alyssa’s gift.

“Oh!” she squealed. “Is this your jersey?” she asked him excitedly as he placed the red sweater into her hands. Tomas nodded.

“I thought you needed one,” he told her, winking a brown eye at her.

“I’ll wear it tonight,” she grinned, wrapping her arms around him before holding it against her chest. She turned, ready to leave the locker room when she saw Marian walk in, a huge smile on his face as he laughed a bit. Trying to ignore how good he looked in his suit, she asked him what the joke was.

“Burish and Toews,” he laughed, pointing behind him. A few seconds later the rest of the team shuffled into the room, stopping their game of soccer kick-around. Then Alyssa saw Adam and Jonathan, in a powder blue and orange suit respectively.

“You guys are kidding,” Alyssa laughed, immediately pulling her Blackberry out of her pocket to take a picture. The pair laughed and shook their heads. “I love Dumb and Dumber; you guys are my heroes.”

Adam winked as Alyssa snapped a few more pictures. She shook her head and bid the boys a good game before sneaking out and heading back to her office. When she swung the door open, she saw Aimee sitting in her chair, her feet propped up on her desk.

“A girl could get used to this,” she admired. “Too bad I’m just a waitress.”

“Oh not this again,” Alyssa sighed. “Oh! Look at fucking Burish and Toews!” she laughed, throwing her Blackberry to Aimee.

“Oh fuck,” Aimee laughed, looking at the pictures as Alyssa draped her jersey over the chair in front of her desk. “What’s that?” her best friend asked, pointing as she put Alyssa’s phone down.

“Oh,” Alyssa said, picking it up and holding it out. “Tomas decided I needed a jersey with his name on it.”

“You two sicken me, just so you know.”

Alyssa only stuck her tongue out and headed back to her door, locking it. She slid her black trousers off her legs, quickly pulling on her dark wash, skinny jeans and putting her black heels back on. Aimee rolled her eyes as she fooled around on her friend’s computer as the woman began to unbutton her blouse, leaving her in a black tank. She slipped Tomas’ jersey on over it, loving how it hung so loosely, but not excessively so.

She pulled out her purse, grabbing a few makeup items, quickly retouching it before the women left and locked her office behind her, planning on picking up their stuff after the game. Alyssa tucked her ID badge under her jersey as they entered the main section of the arena, wanting to blend in with the fans as they made their way to the concession stand and then to their seats.

A couple minutes into the first period, Alyssa and Aimee’s phones buzzed, identical messages from Ben and Adam popping onto their screens. I can see you. Turning in their seats, the women caught sight of Adam, Ben, Jonathan, Marian, and Dave Bolland in one of the boxes, giving them obnoxious waves and blowing kisses, save for Marian who only waved politely.

Despite a road loss to the Predators the night before, the Blackhawks seemed to be outplaying the Canadiens in every way, despite the team tying up the score in the second period at two goals. The game was rough, and the teams were ready to fight. There had been four roughing penalties given out in the first, accompanied by a game misconduct for Andrew Ladd.

Just when the game looked like it would be heading into overtime, Patrick Sharp scored a goal with just five minutes left in third period, making it the game winning goal as the Blackhawks pushed passed the Canadiens to win the game three goals to two.

The girls found themselves in the locker room lounge twenty minutes later, feeling a bit awkward as some of the guys’ wives and girlfriends were talking to each other. “I’ve never been in here before,” Aimee whispered. “Well, not like this! The tour you gave me when the team was out of town doesn’t count.”

Alyssa laughed as some of the women started filing into the locker room. “You want to head in? I know Adam’s in there, dressed in his fucking blue suit.”

Aimee laughed, nodding her head as she picked up her purse and followed Alyssa in, who was immediately swept up in a hug from Tomas. “I’m sorry I didn’t score you a goal or something,” he told her.

The brunette shrugged, “I had a good laugh while you brooded in the penalty box after yelling at the referee. You did your job.”

Aimee rolled her eyes, spotting Adam and walking over to him after giving Marian a wave. Alyssa smiled and turned to Marian. “When are you going to play?” she asked him. “I’m dying to see you out there!”

“Oh yeah?” he asked, a smile on his face he couldn’t stop. Tomas wiggled his eyebrows behind Alyssa. “I hope soon,” he said. “Next month, I hope.”

Putting her arm around Marian’s waist, Alyssa gave him a squeeze and a smile as she caught Ben trying to get her attention. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow, right?” she asked, referring to the Halloween party. When they nodded, she grinned, giving them both a final hug before she moved to gather Aimee, ready to head home and crash for the night.

---

With her white, Greek goddess costume on, Aimee had her makeup done in neutral, golden shades and her hair perfectly curled and dressed up with a gold headband. Alyssa entered her room, in white, thigh high stockings attached to a garter belt, black panties and a black bra. “I need you to help me into my dress,” the woman laughed, holding the sexed up Snow White dress that hung on its hanger.

Aimee grinned at Alyssa’s appearance, loving the red headband, adorned with a little red bow that sat over the middle of her head, the sides mostly covered by her short, brown bob. Her face was pale, as usual, only a light pink blush sitting on her round cheeks; her eye makeup was simple black liner and mascara, and her lips, pouty, full, and red.

Aimee helped her friend slide into the tight and short dress, grinning after she zipped her up and helped her adjust it. Alyssa’s chest was held high and exposed from the corset fit the blue top of the dress had. The yellow skirt flared out, the full white petticoat adding the volume to it. She adjusted the capped sleeves and the red cape that hung down from the high, white collar in the back of the dress.

“You look sexy,” Aimee commented.

Alyssa smiled, her eyes looking over Aimee’s curvy figure. “Right back at you,” she laughed, slipping her black pea coat on over her outfit, letting it hang open knowing she’d never get it close over the short, full skirt.

Sliding her black, platform heels on Alyssa grabbed her small purse after giving herself the final look over. Aimee grabbed her own purse and coat, sliding into her gold, gladiator Jimmy Choos. “I’m ready when you are, babe,” she grinned.

After a short ride, the girls parked in front of Brent Sopel’s suburban home, unable to help from smiling at the decorations in the front yard. Ringing the bell, they were greeted by Brent’s wife who was dressed as a mouse, wishing the girls a happy Halloween. Brent came up a few seconds later, dressed as a black cat, in black jeans, a black sweater, and whiskers on his face, cat ears, and a tail. “Nice,” Aimee commented, sliding off her coat as Alyssa did the same.

“You girls are going to bowl the guys over in those outfits,” Mrs. Sopel laughed, leading the girls into the living room where everyone was.

Everyone turned to look at them as they entered, and the girls waved shyly. Adam and Ben immediately stepped toward them, their eyes wide and their mouths hanging open.

“You girls,” Adam started.

“Look fantastic,” Ben finished when his partner in crime couldn’t.

Alyssa and Aimee would have the same sentiments toward them if they could talk. Adam had chosen to be a vampire, dressed in a rather dashing black suit, a black cape around his shoulders, his hair slicked back, and fangs in his mouth. Ben was clearly dressed as a lumberjack, a flannel shirt left half unbuttoned tucked into some jeans, work boots on his feet, and a fake hacksaw in his hands. Alyssa bit her lip as he grinned at her, his handsome face lined with stubble.

“Make yourselves comfortable,” Adam grinned, looking them over again. “We’ll go grab you some drinks.”
♠ ♠ ♠
We're loving all the comments and feedback, girls! Please keep it coming! I hope you enjoy the little glimpse at a Blackhawks Halloween party. It will be continued in chapter 8 that Aimee will posting soon!

A couple people asked whether Tomas being traded would affect this story, and I have to say it won't! We'll miss him terribly, but we plan to keep writing about him! We're only in the fall of 2009 in this story, so we've got a lot to write before the trade. I hope you stick with us!!