Rudy Can't Fail

Party Time!

"Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday, dear Natalie!
Happy Birthday to you!

And I hope you have a fucking kick ass time tonight!!!"


Gerard way is screaming enthusiastically into the mic and I stare up at him in awe. The crowd in the venue, cheering at the band. There are people kissing my bemused face and wishing me a ‘Happy Birthday‘, but I don’t notice. I’m looking at the banner draped over the railing and the decorations; stars, stripes, spots and skulls. Looking around, there are people, music, cakes, food and alcohol…but forget that for a minute!

My Chemical Romance just played me the Birthday song!

Tre guides me through the crowd and up the stairs to the VIP lounge, where I can catch my breath and take everything in.

"You did…you got…what the FUCK!" Was all I could muster. Before Tre could respond, Yoshie, Max, Adrienne, Billie Joe, Mike and Britt flank me. I looked them from their heads to their toes; realising that with the exception of me and Tre, they're all in 40's style costumes.

"Happy birthday, Baby!" Billie shouts over the din; My Chem has just started playing 'Thank You For The Venom‘…one of my favourites.
"…Thanks…" I smile, hugging him then turning to Adrienne.

"You like your surprise?" She says kissing my cheek. All I can do is nod.

"Nice way to show your appreciation, Nat!" Mike chimes; both he and Britt hug me quickly before going back to their drinks and conversing with Billie.

Adie squeezes my hand before Max hands me a glass of champagne. "Drink up biatch! We're gonna party like it's your birthday!"

Yoshie is the last to greet me and I hear glasses clinking as I turn around to face the person responsible for all of this.

"Ok, now we're all here, I would like to make a toast…to Nat, Baby…bitch or any other name she chooses to go by! Happy Fuckin' Birthday!" Tre shouts. The small section bursts into applause and it's broken when Mike calls for me to make a speech.

Walking over to Tre, I pull him towards me, placing a hard and fast kiss on his smiling lips.
"I love you so fucking much right now!" I whisper, he just grins back at me and shrugs. Turning to everyone, I down my drink and clear my throat.

"I uh…well…How can I…"

"Come on, Nat…we're wasting drinking time here!" Billie shouts. He shuts up quickly though as Adrienne has given him a knell to the ribs.

"Right…yes…" I look back to Tre and then at my shoes. "Thank you to all of you… this is…wow. Um…Tre, thanks for doing all this. It means so much to me."

"We helped too, you know!" Billie cuts in again.
"Billie, shut up or Mr Hammer wont visit Mrs Toolbox tonight!" Adie hisses through gritted teeth, though she's still smiling. Everyone cracks up as Billie just stares at his wife.
"Sorry, please go on" He says sheepishly, still staring at Adrienne, who's doing her best to ignore him by looking at me.

"And of course to all you guys." I say to them, then gesture to the crowd in front of me. "This is just amazing! It means so much, you have no fucking idea." Finally I smile before turning to Tre again, "And your last 'nad is safe, Tre. So…Happy Fuckin' Birthday To me! "

"Happy Fuckin’ Birthday!" Everyone choruses back.

After raising my shaking hand in a toast and all of us having a drink together, I make small talk with everyone and complement the outfits; Mike had decided on a mechanic's overalls, with the name 'Buck' on his breast pocket, Billie; an Army officer with a small hat, placed atop his smooth black hair. Adie, Max and Britt were stunning dressed as The Andrew Sisters and Yoshie made a rather frightening Joe DiMaggio, I also took in the blonde that he was with; she was dressed as Marilyn Monroe.

I put down my empty glass head to the stairs amongst the loud music and the chatter before a hand grabs me and pulls me back.

"Where are you running off to? You have to change into your costume!" Tre's bouncing around and grinning like a mad man.
"I was gonna try to elope with Gerard." I deadpan "What costume?"

"All will be revealed, walk this way…" Pivoting on his heel, I follow Tre to the Staff quarters, just past the VIP area. I close the door behind me, to be met with Tre, who pounces and kisses me so hard I stumble backwards.

"I've been wanting to do that since we got here." He says, with his lips still against mine.

"I know the feeling!" I kiss him this time. Running my hands through his hair and sliding them down to his collar. He begins to push the straps of my top off my shoulders as I move to unbutton his shirt. Soon we're stood there, half naked, just looking at eachother; stupid grins on our faces. Our breathing starts to regulate and he comes for me again, about to un-hook my trousers when there's a loud banging on the door.

"What the fuck's going on in there? No humping at this party!”

“Yeah… not unless we can watch…”

"Whossat?" I shout back, as Tre just laughs and starts to kiss that spot on my neck. My knees turn to jelly and I barely register the reply that comes.

"It's Gerard!”

“And Billie Joe!“

“Fuck off, guys!” Tre yells and continues to work his trail of kisses lower to my chest.

“Hurry the fuck up! I wanna meet the Birthday Girl!" I roll my eyes and put my head on Tre’s shoulder.

"We'll be right out!" Tre calls back, resting his forehead on the door. "Jesus!"

"We'll finish this later, baby, I promise." I giggle, placing a quick kiss on his ear. "Now…my costume?"

****

I watch Nat get ready to walk back into the club, then I realise I haven’t given her her gifts yet.

"Baby" I call to her. She turns back to me and licks her lips.

"I said we'd carry on later!"

"I know…I just wanted to give you your present" I shuffle around in my jacket pocket for the velvet boxes and pull them out.

"More? Seriously, hon, this is too much…I…"

"Shut up, woman!" I roll my eyes as she folds her arms and is about to reply when I cut her off. "Here…" I say, holding out the streamline box that held the necklace from the kids. "This is from Mona and Frankie"

She's walking towards me slowly, and I feel a smile creep onto my face.
She looked stunning. Max had picked out a red dress, that clung to her every curve. Nat had quickly done some pin tuck curls in her hair and put a white lily behind her ear (from the flowers that the owner of Black Jack had left her as a gift) and applied some red lipstick she had found in her purse. She was…beautiful; a modern day Billie Holiday.
I, however, had decided on being Elvis. Not fat Elvis, no…I was Elvis when he was going off to war- blue shiny jacket and blue suede TUKS. I even had a black wig on; you know, he was originally a blonde, and my hair's orange…well auburn…anyway…

"Mona and Frankie?" she repeats, taking the box from me and looking into my eyes, before going back to the box.

"Yeah…open it, baby…" I coo. She really looks fucking stunned. Grinning she pushes the lid upwards. Her eyes go wide before she gives me the biggest smile I have ever received from her. Taking the necklace out and putting the box on the table, she stares at the stars, running her finger along the detail.

"Tre…this is…it's beautiful, Baby! I love it!" She fingers it once more before placing it over her head. She goes to hug me but I stop her.

"Wait…they asked me to give you this" I hand her a piece of notepaper. She looks at me a bit funny, then opens the note. She smiles again, before reading it out loud.

"To Nat; we just want to say Happy Birthday and thank you for making us and our Dad, really happy. You're our lucky star! Love Ramona and Frankito." She folds the paper back up and puts it in her bra. I can't help but laugh at her, as she laughs then wipes away a falling tear.

"Are you crying on your birthday, M'lady?" I ask softly, tilting her head up to look at me. She grabs my hand, shaking her head.
"No, just something in my eye…I can't believe you did all this…the party, the present from the kids…getting MCR to play…Tre, I can't tell you how much I appreciate this…I…"

"Natalie, the look on your face says it all; and that's enough for me." I re-adjust the lily behind her ear, which has gone a bit crooked. "You just better top this for my birthday next month! Now…this is from me!"

She doesn’t say anything, just takes the smaller box and opens it.

"Fuck me!!!" She shouts, taking me by surprise. I take the box from her and slide the ring on her finger, as her free hand covers her mouth in…well…surprise.

"Now, I'm not asking you to marry me, but…well…like the kids' said; you're our lucky star. And I want you be to be with me as long as the stars'll continue to shine. Whaddya say?"

She stares at the ring on her finger and opens her mouth to speak but then the door flies open; music louder than before, and Frank Iero, with Gerard and Mikey Way behind him, shouts at us;

"We got bored of waiting. You're missing a fucking awesome party! LET'S GO!" For a little guy, he has one big mouth.

"Sorry boys!" Nat backs away from me, shaking her head apologetically and turns round slowly without answering my question "Now…how do I look?" As the guys give their approval in various ways, Nat walks out of the room without even glancing back at me. And I just stand there…