Rudy Can't Fail

Kissing and Making up

“So you’re the infamous Nat?” Gerard questions me, while handing me another glass of champagne. “We’ve heard a lot about you and couldn’t wait to come party.” He says, lighting a cigarette.

We were still in the VIP area, Mikey and Frank gone to find Bob and Ray and also to mingle.

“Whatever they told you, they’re all lying” I say a bit distractedly. I looked back to the Staffroom door, looking for Tre, only to see him emerge with a face like a slapped arse. He glanced at me before averting his eyes; in search of Mike and Billie or alcohol, whichever was nearer. I hadn’t meant to not answer him, I was going to…not that I knew what I was going to say, but…well…I guess that wasn’t the right time.

“Nat?” Gerard gently places a hand on my shoulder, drawing me out of my thoughts.

“Sorry Gerard, what was that?” I take a sip and smile, listening intently.

“So Billie and Tre tell me you’re a Tattoo artist” I nod. “Awesome. How long you been drawing for?” He smiles his child like grin and I tell him what he wanted to know. “Well before I go, we should meet up and talk about some stuff. I’d like to see your work”

“I’d like that. You know, I feel like such a pussy right now…” I trail off. Gerard just looks at me in confusion.

“How so?”

“Well, I’ve been a fan since Bullets. It’s kinda odd to be in your presence. I feel like I should kiss your feet or something.” I laugh.
Gerard just looks uncomfortable at my comment and shuffles around.

“That’s sweet…thank you…I think” He looks at his shoes and sort of shifts his weight from one foot to the other.

“Your blushing!”

“Am not… it’s the lighting in this place! But hearing that kind of thing does throw me a little.”

“Fuck…I made Gerard Way blush!” I do a little celebratory dance, much to Gerard’s amusement.

“It’s Mr. Gerard Way to you…“ He smiles broadly again. “The guys we’re right, your fucking crazy…but in a good way!” He chuckles, reaching up to wipe his brow.

“Sorry for freaking you out.” I sigh. “I’m in a weird mood right now” I turn my head to look for Tre, who’s nowhere to be seen.

“Yeah, I got the feeling me and the guys interrupted back there”

“Mmm, kinda” I shrug. “Though I’m glad or I wouldn’t have got to meet you till I was three sheets!” I’d have to find Tre later…preferably before I was under the influence and incoherent.
“I don’t get it…” He dips his head to look at me.

“Never mind…look out…incoming!” I turn to the people who have loudly made their way over to us.
Adie and Max come over and grab my hand. “Sorry Mr Way, but the birthday girl is needed for the opening of gifts. Then she must work the room!” Max shouts. I could tell she was half way pissed on the free champers.

“That’s ok, I have to go find the boy’s for the next set anyways,” Gerard laughs at the sight before him “Enjoy your party, Nat, and we’ll talk later maybe?” He offers.

“Yeah, I’ll be down there in a few…and thanks!” I grin as he waves and makes his way down the stairs to the main part of the club.

“You look fucking hot, Baby! Max, high five for our choice!” Adie yells. Max complies and clumsily raises her hand only for Adie to take a shot and miss. We all burst into laughter.

“Well I guess I had better catch up to you guys, huh?” I look over my shoulder for another bottle for a refill to my now empty glass.

“After your gifts.” Adie says. “Now, where is my husband and his knuckle head friends?”

“I can see them on the stairs talking to…Oh. My. Fucking. God! Nat! Look!” Max roughly turns my head and there on the stairs is Chris Garver.

“No way!” I say quietly. This was totally… seriously, I had no words. First one of my favourite bands play, then my fucking idol turns up to my birthday party. I had watched Chris on Miami Ink back home and from then, followed his tattooing style and other shit. I had also seen him briefly at tattoo conventions and I knew he was a friend of Yosh’s but cos he divided his time between New York, Miami and L.A, I never got to meet him properly.

Billie turned and spotted the three of us…well I say spotted but he wasn’t gonna miss us when Adrienne and Max were waving like fools. I mean come on! How much had they drank in a couple of hours? After making his way through he crowds and picking up a few others on his way, Billie and Chris stop before us.

“Natalie meet Chris Graver, Chris, this is Bab- sorry, Nat. The birthday girl” Billie moves to remove the women from my side as Chris steps forward to give me a kiss on the cheek.
“Happy Birthday, and uh…nice meeting you. Yosh has said some good things.” He smiles, I just look at him and smile,
“Thank you for coming. And Yoshie better fucking had!“ I laugh. “So uh… Yosh is around here someplace…look for Marilyn Monroe and he wont be too far behind. I’ll come join you guys in a bit.”
“Yeah, cos Yosh’s hard to miss, right?” Chris shakes his head.
“Well he’s Joe DiMaggio tonight, you work it out…lycra and a baseball bat!” Chris nods and turns to find Yoshie.

“Now, let me catch my breath, refresh my drink and you can lavish me with presents!” I say walking over to the seating area and finding the nearest bottle to raise to my lips. From the corner of my eye, I spot Tre, lurking near the DJ booth. He fixes me with a sad smile and my stomach contorts into knots. He did all of this and I upset him. I’m such a heartless bitch sometimes, it’s not even fucking funny.
I would talk to him after this and then make my way downstairs to say Hi to everyone properly and see MCR play.

***

Nat had seen me where I was hiding out. She looked so pretty and happy just then but she caught me staring at her and her smile went. I was fucking pissed at her too, but the ‘talk’ would have to wait till this was all over.

“Why the fuck are you hiding here?” Mike pushes me forward and over to our little groups huddle, so they could give Nat her gifts. “Come on, asshole!”

Sitting on the arm of the couch, I watched as she opened all her gifts; a leather biker jacket from Billie and Adie, an acoustic bass from Mike with homemade vouchers for lessons with Mike from Britt, earrings from Max. Even the MCR boys got her something; they had customised a tattooing machine with MCR logos and there was a Post-It from Frank, saying that he was the first person she would have to use it on.

She beamed with happiness and stood up, draping her arm across my shoulders. Automatically, my arm went around her waist and I pulled her to stand inbetween my legs.

“Thank you everyone! And Bill, if you come for that jacket, there will be no more Mr Hammer!” Everyone laughs when Billie places his hand on his dick and winces.

The crowd disperses, making their way down the two flights of stairs to get ready for MCR , who had just announced they were about to play another set in 15 minutes.

“I’m sorry for not answering you.” Nat turns to face me, whispering in my ear.

“Uh huh…I guess we’re just shit at timing.” I look into her eyes and she looks hurt.

“Got that right…but…baby, if your pissed at me not answering…then I am truly sorry” Leaning forward, she rests her forehead against mine and looks into my eyes. “You did all this for me! I don’t want you to think I’m being an ungrateful bitch!…I love you…I know I’m difficult sometimes…”

I sigh “I know M’lady!” My resolve softens…I couldn’t stay mad at her. “So am I to ask you again? Or…”

“Nope. I’m good with the star thing…Good choice, by the way” She kisses me then pulls back to wipe her lipstick from my lips. “I’ll love you forever…if you’ll still have me?”

“Yea-no...” I turn my head away from her. “Offer’s now off the table…” I‘m trying hard not to burst into laughter at the face she pulls.
“You’re shitting me aren’t you?”

“Happy Birthday, Baby. Now lets go cut a rug!” I nod then push her from between my legs, assuming an Elvis stance and rolling my hips.

“Gerard is looking mighty fine, tonight, Tre…mighty fine.” She winks and takes my hand to join the others.

Ouch!