Status: On going

Right Girl

Girl, I'm going crazy for you

I couldn’t sleep tonight. My thoughts are running around Garrett and Lisa’s confession. About me confessing my feelings to Garrett, I don’t know if I will do it or just try to let it go because I don’t want our friendship to die.

I turned on the TV to the thought of it can make me feel sleepy for even just a bit but it didn’t happen. My mind has so many things in it right now and for the first time; it doesn’t concern school work, homework, projects or exams. But I started to wonder if it was normal; all the feelings I have right now, is it normal?

My phone rang and I was guessing it was Garrett again, “Hello? What do you want now, big ass?” I answered.

The caller from the other line started to laugh and by then, I realized it was not Garrett. The voice was not even close to Garrett’s I-just-woke-up voice.

“Who’s this?” I asked the stranger that called.

“Hi, Sam. What’s up?”

I looked at my cell phone screen for a while and tried to guess who owns the mysterious number but I can’t tell who owns it. I wanted to hang up but it would be so rude.

“Hello? Sam? Are you still there?” The stranger asked.

“Yeah, I’m still here. Uh, who’s this?” I asked again but the only response I got was the caller was laughing so hard and didn’t say anything else.

“Come see me next Monday, you and I”

I laughed sarcastically and tried to hit my phone on the wall, [i[“I won’t. Good bye. Thanks for calling anyway. I can’t sleep but because of you, I feel sleepy now. Thanks, bye”

I threw my phone on the edge of the bed and switched off my TV. I don’t care who it was, though. It just came to my thoughts how did he got my number when only Garrett and my parents know my phone number, but Garrett’s not the type to give my phone number away so other guys can hit on me, right?

I rolled on my bed, jumped on my bed, stayed still on my bed but nothing works because I’m still alive and awake. I don’t even know how to sleep now after all the jumping to make me feel tired.

My phone started to ring again and the number was still the same mystery number. I threw my phone on the ground and sighed, “I can’t sleep!” I shouted.

I placed my pillow around my head when my phone started to ring again. When I got so much annoyed, I stomped my feet and grabbed my phone from the floor.

“WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT NOW, CALLER? CAN’T YOU SEE I CAN’T SLEEP?” I shouted.

“Wow. Look who’s cranky now. I can’t sleep too, Sam” The voice changed. It wasn’t the mystery caller from a while ago.

I suddenly changed my voice and tried to change my cranky self to greet Garrett properly, “Shit. Hi, Garret”

Garrett laughed and said, “What’s your problem? Did I do something stupid again?”

I jumped on my bed and flipped the sheets on my body, “Nothing. Sorry, Garrett. I just can’t sleep, okay. I tried to watch TV but nothing was good. I jumped on my bed but it didn’t work---“

Garrett started to laugh again but this time, I can tell he was rolling on his bed, ”You did what? Repeat!”

“I said, I jumped on my bed just to feel tired so I can feel sleepy. Fuck you, man. Don’t laugh at me!”

“I’m sorry, Sam. How about sing so you’ll feel sleepy and I’ll just pretend that I liked your voice” Garrett suggested.

I laughed and placed my pillow to cover my humiliated face, “I don’t know what to sing and by the way, fuck you, really”

“I’m sorry. I can’t fall asleep too, Sam. That’s why a called and hope you’re still awake from the dead” Garrett sighed.

“Want to hear a story, Garrett?”

“Yeah, sure. Tell me a story, Sam”

“There was this mysterious caller who kept on calling me and pissed me off. He was asking me out but he failed” I told him.

Garrett became quiet. No response and I thought he fell asleep while I was telling what happened. I also thought he hang up but I can still hear his TV on the background so I can tell his still there.

“Hello, Garrett? I'll hang up now if you don't talk” I uttered.

“I'm sorry. I feel like sleeping already so.. Yeah, talk to you tomorrow. Bye”

“Garrett, why are---” Garrett hang up and it was the first time he did it.

&&

I ran towards my first class because I woke up late and I fell asleep at 3 in the morning. Drinking coffee while running to school is also not good, especially if you don't want to spill it on your shoes. I have no time to fix my hair so I just went on my messy bun. I'm a mess.

Everyone was looking at me when I entered the classroom. I ignored their stares and ran towards my seat while Garrett, beside me was sleeping.

“Garrett” I poked his waist with my pen but he didn't wake up.

“Garrett!” I repeated the actions over and over again but he was still sleeping and the only way I think I can wake him up is by punching him. So I did what came into my mind and punched the sleeping boy.

“What?!” Garrett shouted.

“I'm sorry..” Was my only reply. I don't have any good reasons why I woke him up, I just want to talk to him. But he was always on a bad mood.

“Oh, Hi, Sam. I thought it was someone else. I'm s-s-s-sorry” Garrett scratched his head and grinned.

I sat on my seat and smiled at him, “You have a gig later!” I said happily. Since the five of them invited me to go again.

Garrett sighed and started to play with his pen, “Yeah.. But we're not sure if many could come, unlike the last time”

I punched Garrett's arm playfully and frowned, “Don't say it like that. People will come, trust me! I will make them come!”

Garrett smiled at me and pulled my arm to make me move closer to him, “If you don't make people come.. I don't know. I'll just think of a punishment later”

During lunch time, I sneaked in to the teachers' faculty room while all of them are out for lunch and some of them are sleeping the whole time. I ran towards the desk of our PE teacher and grabbed her megaphone and made my way to the lunch area. Obviously, the people there was eating and chatting. I took the chance and stood on one of the tables.

Everyone was looking at me like I was like the weird girl I was before. It felt uncomfortable with their looking straightly at me while I find a way to gather up my confidence to do this for Garrett.

I turned on the megaphone and started to speak, “Hi! I'm Samantha Brooks and tonight, a band called The Maine will have a gig at Chef Antonio's grill! I would like to invite you all to come and watch them live because they are one cool and an awesome band!”

On the corner of my eye, I saw Garrett staring blankly at me like I did something wrong. But I gained more confidence since I saw him, “.. Oh, by the way, the gig will start at 7pm. So if you go there at exactly 7pm, the bar will give you 1 free bucket of beer. So enjoy! And, The Maine is composed of John on vocals, Kennedy and Jared on guitars, Pat on drums and of course, our very own Garrett Nickelsen on bass!”

Garrett pulled me down the table and glared at me, “Sam, what are you doing?” He asked.

I laughed and pinched his cheeks, “I'm helping you get more people to go to your gig later.
You look so bothered a while ago because of it so I plan on helping you”

While Garrett and I are talking about the gig later and how I plan on returning the megaphone, people came to ask us about the gig and they look interested on watching.

“Sam! Will you be at the gig later?” Some of them asked. I nodded as a response and smiled back at them.

“Will you guys go?” Garrett asked the group of people by no more less than 15. They all nodded walked away.

I squealed and laugh, “So you have people now, Garrett. You see?”

Garrett smiled at me and pulled me out of the lunch area where there so many people that it was getting noisier so it got hard for Garrett and I to talk.

&&

I was playing with the keyboards while they were busy around fixing stuff that they need for the gig and to tune the instruments.

Someone sat beside me as my fingers linger on the keyboards, trying to remember what chord do I still know to do. But it turns out that I forgot everything I've learned before. I turned to my right and it was John, giggling at me because I look stupid.

“Seriously, O'callagen—O'callaghuh--O'callagbitch--O'callaghan, your sirname is one of a kind. I can't even say it right or I don't even know if I can spell it right without offending you” I uttered out of no where.

“Well, Brooks, it's not my fault and it's out of my control if you can't spell it right or even say it right without offending the hell out of me” John replied and groaned.

John placed his fingers on the keyboards, next to mine and started to play a few notes, “Sam, you suck at this, don't you?”

I nodded and smirked, “I only loved guitar and nothing else. I only want to learn how to play guitar and nothing else”

John was about to reply when Garrett called me out to go to him. I pouted and ran towards him while he was still holding wires around his arms, “John” He said slowly.

“John” I mocked and chuckled.

“Not funny” Garrett rolled his eyes and poked my waist which made me shout a little because I'm very ticklish. Garrett covered my mouth while he laughed at his own actions.

“Not funny” I mocked again and pushed him away playfully.

It was almost 7pm and I felt nervous because I'm afraid that no one will come and watch and fail the expectation of Garrett. I sighed and I can't calm myself anymore. I started to shake as time pass by.

7 struck at the clock and people started to enter the bar. The group of people at school a while ago appeared and they even brought some of their friends from different schools.

“Sam!” Someone from behind called out. No need to turn around because I know it was Garrett.

Garrett turned my shoulders to face him and the smile on his face was unbelievable. He was so happy. “Sam! You did it! There's so many people! Oh God! I love you!

I looked at him with my eyes popping and my jaw dropping, “What did you say?” I asked though my voice was shaking.

Garrett turned away and scratched his head and started to pretend like he couldn't hear me. “Garrett!” I called out once more but he didn't respond.

Garrett started to walk away and I pulled his arm as hard as I can because he was trying his best to get away from my grip, “Garrett, I'm talking! Hello?” I shouted.

“Garrett!” Pat came to us and pulled Garrett away because he needs some help for his drums set.

I made my way outside the bar due to the number of people coming in to watch The Maine. It made it harder for me to breathe since I was I became claustrophobic after what happened during the hide-and-seek game I had with Garrett before.

I clenched onto my jacket while I counted the cars that pass by. The air touching my skin made me feel more relaxed than a while ago. But my thoughts never changed, it was all Garrett and what I heard him say a while ago. But I also tried to convince myself that maybe I just misheard it.

“You know, you could get sick. If you do, you can blame it on the cold breeze”

I turned around but an unfamiliar face appeared behind me. I don't know him and I'm sure I've never seen him before either. He was tall but not like John, his hair was dark brown and has pale skin like mine.

“Hi, I'm Nick. I go to the same school as you and Garrett” He greeted.

I forced a smile and tried to remember if I have seen him before, but I don't know. Due to the school population, I can't seem to remember everyone or even their faces.

“Hi, I'm--”

“You're Samantha Brooks. You were at the lunch area a while ago, right? What you did for your boyfriend was really sweet, you know” The stranger stood beside me and gazed at the cars passing by also.

Boyfriend? Who was my boyfriend? Who?

“You got it all wrong, Nick. Garrett's not my boyfriend, really” I answered honestly.

“Oh? But everybody thinks he is, Sam. That's why girls stopped to flirt with him and.. Well, since you've changed, many guys wanted to ask you but got scared at Garrett” He explained.

“Let's not talk about Garrett first” I suggested and looked at our feet.

“Want to go somewhere?” Nick asked as he smiled at me. I looked back and any minute now, the gig will start but because of Garrett's actions, I just want to run away for a moment. I looked at Nick and nodded.

Nick lead me to his car and he started to drive. Maybe Garrett got annoyed at me or he got mad. I just need to clear my mind and put Garrett away even for just a while.

Garrett Nickelsen:

The gig was about to start but I can't see Sam anywhere. She might think the wrong way by the way I acted earlier. It's just that I slipped. My stupid mouth slipped and I'm afraid to face her because I'm scared that she'll reject me because she doesn't feel the same way. I'm scared to look at her anymore.

“Hi, have you seen Samantha?” I asked almost everyone who was at the venue.

It's killing me to death that I can't see her around. Since the day she came to her first gig, it was the most unforgettable because I never felt so happy in my whole life. She made me feel important, not only that day but everyday. Now that she's not here, I feel like there's something missing.

“Hey, Garrett, are you alright?” John asked with his scared face on.

I forced a smile and chuckled, “Yes, of course, I am”

John patted my back and and pulled my shirt, “Where's Sam anyway?” I shook my head and sighed, “I don't know, John”

&&

Samantha Brooks:


More minutes past and I know the gig started already. I was drunk as hell and I don't even know where did I get the guts to drink alcohol when I hated it for all my life.

“Hey, Sam, do you want more?” Nick asked as he handed me another bottle.

One or two more drinks and I can tell that I am ready to pass out. The loud club music makes my heart race and my head spin more. I can't see clearly anymore because my visions are getting blurry, even Nick is blurry.

“Sam! What the fuck are you doing here?!” Someone asked angrily. I can't tell who it was due to the loud music but his voice irritates me.

“Sam! Let's go!” He pulled my wrist, dragging me outside the club and out where the loud music came from.

“Shit. Good thing Nick is my friend, he called me before you pass out or even puke on the ground” He said angrily again.

Garrett Nickelsen:

Sam pulled her hand aggressively and groaned, “W-w-why are you hurting me?!”

I can't take it anymore. I need to take her home already because of her condition. She stinks, she's out of her mind, she's not Sam anymore. I carried her on my back and ran towards my car. I placed her on the passenger seat and I made my way to the driver's seat.

Then I noticed that Sam was crying. There were tears on her cheeks. She was crying but how do I ask her why when she's like that? I brushed the tears away and held her face, “Sam” I called out softly.

“I hate Garrett” She suddenly mentioned.

But she took it back and continued her rant, “Nope, I don't hate hate him. I just.. I don't get him. I heard him say that he loves me a while ago but I don't know if that was a friendly I love you or the other kind. When I was about to ask him, he suddenly wont talk to me. I don't get him but I can't stay mad at him..”

“Why?” I asked.

“Because he's Garrett.. I can't stay mad at Garrett. Fuck you, man, whoever you are. If you don't know Garrett then your life fucking sucks!” Sam shouted.

I looked at Sam for a while. I remembered others say, that a drunk person speaks what the heart wants to yell.

“Sam, would you like me if I told you I like you?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still sick and it sucks :( :( :( Hi there.
Comment what you think about this chapter :----)